Roscommon v Galway div.2

Started by giveballaghback, March 23, 2015, 07:48:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

giveballaghback

Massive stakes in the Hyde next Sunday for both teams, Rossies win they would almost certainly be promoted and Galway would find themselves with one foot in div 3, outside of championship I cannot remember a bigger game between these provincial rivals, many questions hang over both teams, some will be answered on Sunday, some hearts will be broken,cant wait, remember early throw in 1.30.

Tubberman

Hearts will be broken!?
Ffs Rossies, get a grip! It's definitely one of the stories of the league, but championship is still the be all and end all.
Pace yourselves, the leaves aren't on the trees yet.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

giveballaghback

Ye would know all about broken hearts all right, in fact ye know about nothing else.

muppet

Quote from: giveballaghback on March 23, 2015, 08:40:36 PM
Ye would know all about broken hearts all right, in fact ye know about nothing else.

This from lads who can't even get into the dance.  ::)
MWWSI 2017

Farrandeelin

Quote from: giveballaghback on March 23, 2015, 08:40:36 PM

So too would ye I imagine...
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: giveballaghback on March 23, 2015, 07:48:14 PM
Massive stakes in the Hyde next Sunday for both teams, Rossies win they would almost certainly be promoted and Galway would find themselves with one foot in div 3, outside of championship I cannot remember a bigger game between these provincial rivals, many questions hang over both teams, some will be answered on Sunday, some hearts will be broken,cant wait, remember early throw in 1.30.

Fair play to you. Take it as seriously as you like. Christ, you're meant to care, aren't you? Isn't that the point? The Rossies are some of the proudest men out there. More power to them - up to a  point, of course.

Oh, and you can dream on about Ballagh.

larryin89

This is a really interesting game, if I wasn't goin to Cork Id head to hyde for this. On form you'd expect Roscommon to take care of Galway but with the Corofin lads back and the desperate need for points we might see a very different Galway team .

The way roscommon are finishing games is very impressive , six points down to Kildare at half time and then win by six , pulled away from meath too after trailing by three points 2/3 of the game played. They are seriously fit and hungry and are growing in confidence.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

giveballaghback

Ballagh will be dreaming about us or should I say nightmares along with all rhuberbs, but remember there are some great Rossies in ballagh and we know it, best of luck down in cork, another long road home, the temperature is rising for the championship lads, its going to be some crack win or lose.

Shrewdness

Fair play to you larryin89. At least you addresred the topic of the thread. Some of your fellow countymen come on spouting the same bullshit as usual. One trick ponies.

giveballaghback

twohands!!!

Quote from: larryin89 on March 23, 2015, 09:55:41 PM
This is a really interesting game, if I wasn't goin to Cork Id head to hyde for this. On form you'd expect Roscommon to take care of Galway but with the Corofin lads back and the desperate need for points we might see a very different Galway team .

The way roscommon are finishing games is very impressive , six points down to Kildare at half time and then win by six , pulled away from meath too after trailing by three points 2/3 of the game played. They are seriously fit and hungry and are growing in confidence.

Combine this with Galway's poor 2nd half showings - they have been up by 6, 5 and 6 points at half-time in their last three games and ending up losing all 3 by 1, 2 and 6 points. Oof !!

Syferus

Sure would we have it any other way than riling the neighbours. If you're not doing that you're irrelevant.

Real swing game this weekend. A win for us puts us very close to promotion, a loss for Galway puts them in a very dangerous spot entering the last weekend. If we lose then the battle for second place will be a clusterfūck entering the last weekend and even Galway will be in that race.

gibbs32

mouview

Quote from: larryin89 on March 23, 2015, 09:55:41 PM

Galway supporters will want to see a very different team, in personnel and tactics, than was seen last Sunday. Lot of very pissed-off supporters about the county since.

commonman

Quote from: Syferus on March 23, 2015, 11:00:20 PM
Sure would we have it any other way than riling the neighbours. If you're not doing that you're irrelevant.

Real swing game this weekend. A win for us puts us very close to promotion, a loss for Galway puts them in a very dangerous spot entering the last weekend. If we lose then the battle for second place will be a clusterfūck entering the last weekend and even Galway will be in that race.

wins for Westmeath, Meath Galway and Laois this weekend would I reckon leave 6 teams going into last day in which they could either get relegated, stay put or get promoted. only certainty so far is that Down cannot get relegated.