Roscommon v Galway div.2

Started by giveballaghback, March 23, 2015, 07:48:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

According to Ray Silke in today's Advertiser the following Corofin players have commenced training with the Galway panel this week: Healy, McGrath, Steede, Michael Farragher, Sice, Lundy, Ian Burke, Liam Silke. Only one or two of them might play on Sunday.

Syferus

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on March 26, 2015, 04:21:22 PM
According to Ray Silke in today's Advertiser the following Corofin players have commenced training with the Galway panel this week: Healy, McGrath, Steede, Michael Farragher, Sice, Lundy, Ian Burke, Liam Silke. Only one or two of them might play on Sunday.

Sice, Lundy?

This might be the most interesting game for us in this year's league. We may be light favourites but the usual pattern of inconsistency in D2 this year points to a Galway win. If we can find the form from the Down and Kildare games we'll be in a good place. I can't lie and say it isn't an enticing idea to be able to push Galway towards D3 after all the near (and far) misses over the years.

twohands!!!

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on March 26, 2015, 04:21:22 PM

There were 3 Corofin players starting on the u21 team last weekend - surely the odds of the Corofin lads being involved are far higher than the "one or two of them might play" especially when you compare recent Corofin performances versus recent Galway performances.

seafoid

Quote from: Syferus on March 26, 2015, 12:24:39 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on March 25, 2015, 11:46:29 PM
So Ireland was bad and Gaelic football was bad till we got a load of immigrants in??????
You do spout some sh1te a Shyfín :-[

Only you are special enough to take that from the above.
I agree. Syf was making sense there
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Rossfan

Quote from: seafoid on March 26, 2015, 06:06:30 PM
So Ireland was bad and Gaelic football was bad till we got a load of immigrants in??????

Ah here Seaf ... any more of that and I'll get Sheehy after you :P
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

Quote from: Rossfan on March 26, 2015, 07:30:08 PM
Quote from: seafoid on March 26, 2015, 06:06:30 PM

Ah here Seaf ... any more of that and I'll get Sheehy after you :P
;)

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

gibbs32

Rossies should win by 4. Sharp shooter Comer missing for galway

Itchy

I've a feeling desperation will drive Galway on to win this. That would blow promotion wide open.

larryin89

Fancy dans capable of knockin the wind out of the Rossie sails. Galway will be going into my accum for the weekend but I have to admit I've not been collectin this year so far.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Jinxy

I see Roscommon CBS are into the Hogan Cup final.
The age of Ros is upon us.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Shrewdness

No thread for this, so i'll put it in here. The first All Ireland Final for a Rossie Team in 2015 has been booked. Roscommon CBS have reached the All Ireland Colleges 'A' Final after beating Good Counsel Wexford  0-10 to 0-8 in today's Semi Final.. Well done lads and management, which includes Willie Hegarty..... Also today in the Connacht Minor league, it finished, Roscommon 0-11, Sligo 0-8.

gibbs32

Hail hail. Great performance by cbs and hopefully beat dingle in final. 12th april in cp. Well done aldo to cbs for winning connaught rugby schools. Really is a good year so far for all roscommon sport related.long may that continue

Syferus

Ros 1-08 Galway 0-04 HT.

We're playing pretty bad. But for O'Malley saving a penalty and another goal bound shot we'd be in serious bother. Missed two to three goal chances ourselves. FOC ruling the middle. Galway with the wind in the second half. Will need some serious improvement in the middle and in handling to win this one.

Tubberman

Called it right at HT Syf.
Would have expected Ros to go on and win after they got ahead at home against big local rivals.
Big setback for the confidence as much as anything you'd imagine.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

galwayman

Nice win for our lads.
I honestly couldn't see it coming after watching us in Tuam last week.
We were beyond diabolical.
Saying that we are definitely not as bad as we looked last week.
The thing with this team is they mix the sublime with the outrageously bad - so you just never know what you're going to get.
They're well capable of beating any team in this division and cutting teams open if they are on their game.They could just as easily have gone out today and been hammered.There is no consistency there.
But we'll take that win today anyway.
Liam Silke got man of the match on the radio for us.
Damien Comer also meant to have been very good & O Griofa nailed his scores in second half