The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Quote from: The Trap on August 06, 2017, 11:53:59 PM

Tyrone should not get beyond their station yet.......wait til we see what happens next....
Exactly.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Main Street

Quote from: straightred on August 06, 2017, 11:15:36 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 06, 2017, 11:09:03 PM
Quote from: straightred on August 06, 2017, 10:40:03 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 06, 2017, 10:35:15 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 06, 2017, 09:33:49 PM
Whelan is on anyway, I'm sure he'll be demanding Johnny Cooper to make a public apology.

Not even worth commentary.

Proof if proof was ever needed that the act does not matter, only the jersey worn by the perpetrator matters.

I'll be surprised if they don't raise it now. They raised the hurling helmet incident. It's really poor from cooper

Nothing about it, what matter is the jersey, not the act.

What happened was on a par to what tiernan mccann did and he was ridiculed (rightly) for it. Cooper should have got the same treatment.
Not even in the same ballpark.
Though I was watching a shaky stream of the game, I thought for sure Conor caught the dastardly Cooper with the sharp end of his elbow, therefore Cooper went down, maybe Cooper exaggerated it but he took a fair whack all the same.
It was Conor's finest strike of the game.

Jinxy

Quote from: straightred on August 06, 2017, 11:15:36 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 06, 2017, 11:09:03 PM
Quote from: straightred on August 06, 2017, 10:40:03 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 06, 2017, 10:35:15 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 06, 2017, 09:33:49 PM
Whelan is on anyway, I'm sure he'll be demanding Johnny Cooper to make a public apology.

Not even worth commentary.

Proof if proof was ever needed that the act does not matter, only the jersey worn by the perpetrator matters.

I'll be surprised if they don't raise it now. They raised the hurling helmet incident. It's really poor from cooper

Nothing about it, what matter is the jersey, not the act.

What happened was on a par to what tiernan mccann did and he was ridiculed (rightly) for it. Cooper should have got the same treatment.

If you were any use you'd be playing.

sambostar

Hope Gavin takes Whelan advice & plays 2 sweepers, so Dubs will have 3 defenders marking 1 Tyrone attacker who they will never kick the ball into anyway!

omagh_gael

I thought the three lads last night were quite good, miles beyond anything you'd see during the live broadcast. Brian is always nervous to begin with bit settled in well, I enjoyed his quip about Mulgrew taking the safe point option for Ardboe!

The Trap

Good to have mayo back.......if we don't get 2 good semi finals now then I am going to take up the hurling... 

TheOptimist

Quote from: TheOptimist on August 06, 2017, 11:24:54 PM
Quote from: straightred on August 06, 2017, 11:21:32 PM
Quote from: TheOptimist on August 06, 2017, 11:18:32 PM
Quote from: hardstation on August 06, 2017, 11:08:34 PM
Quote from: TheOptimist on August 06, 2017, 10:50:34 PM
Quote from: hardstation on August 06, 2017, 10:38:52 PM
Quote from: TheOptimist on August 06, 2017, 10:34:50 PM
I wonder is Mayo watching. Only team that has put it up to Dublin the last few years but they're not in the top 3.
Obviously not. Who would have them in the top 3 presently?

Fact remains they are the only team that can go toe to toe with dublin. People don't learn.
Also, that isn't a fact. Last year, they went toe to to toe with Dublin and eventually lost.
That in no way equates to them being the only team who can go toe to toe with Dublin this year. Christ, if sport was that simple....

It is a fact. They've drawn with them in the championship two years running. No other team has caused them near as much trouble. And that's even after scoring 2 own goals last year. Last year they were written of before the first and second games. I wouldn't be writing them of so quick this year.

And Usain Bolt was the fastest man on earth last year too. Last year has nothing to do with it. mayo might win tomorrow but that will only prolong the agony. They are beating kerry.

Yes but no one was writing Usain bolt of last year or this. Point is simple,  we shouldnt write mayo of. History has proven that. Read the all Ireland thread last year. The discussion was how much will dublin beat mayo by, 10 or 20 points.

If I knew how to do put a smug meme in here I would   ;)

Keyser soze

Quote from: TheOptimist on August 07, 2017, 03:23:00 PM
I wonder is Mayo watching. Only team that has put it up to Dublin the last few years but they're not in the top 3.

Fact remains they are the only team that can go toe to toe with dublin. People don't learn.
Also, that isn't a fact. Last year, they went toe to to toe with Dublin and eventually lost.
That in no way equates to them being the only team who can go toe to toe with Dublin this year. Christ, if sport was that simple....

It is a fact. They've drawn with them in the championship two years running. No other team has caused them near as much trouble. And that's even after scoring 2 own goals last year. Last year they were written of before the first and second games. I wouldn't be writing them of so quick this year.

And Usain Bolt was the fastest man on earth last year too. Last year has nothing to do with it. mayo might win tomorrow but that will only prolong the agony. They are beating kerry.

Yes but no one was writing Usain bolt of last year or this. Point is simple,  we shouldnt write mayo of. History has proven that. Read the all Ireland thread last year. The discussion was how much will dublin beat mayo by, 10 or 20 points.

The memes will have to wait as constructing a simple sentence seems to be beyond you at this point lol 

TheOptimist

Quote from: Keyser soze on August 07, 2017, 03:29:48 PM
Quote from: TheOptimist on August 07, 2017, 03:23:00 PM

The memes will have to wait as constructing a simple sentence seems to be beyond you at this point lol

Ha. A meme for pride before a fall would fit me now, lol

Fuzzman

Just watched today's SG or is it MG and laughed at the end at Brolly and ORourke standing up for the teams that cant make it to the Super Eights each year.
Yes that's right, EVERY single team including NY and London all have an equal chance of making it to the last eight, where they THEN become The Super Eight. The top eight teams in the championship.
But No. Derry and Meath can't get that far in recent years because teams like Armagh, Tipperary, Clare, Galway, Monaghan, Donegal are ELITE and get more money or GAA support than they do.
Anyway. What was more funny was Lyster finally let Spillane speak who strangely I found myself agreeing with and at the end of his point he squeezed Brollys knee who looked at him as of to say F##k off ya Kerry c%%t whilst wearing his funeral shirt and tie.

Anyway, what I wanted to say was watching the end of the Sky coverage of Tyrone game. Not sure who commentator was but he said its the first time Tyrone have got to the semi final without the back door or words to that affect.
I've been drinking some lovely French wine whilst on holiday so thought I'd better listen again and yes that's what he said.

Yes TSG make some balls up but to come out with that line is unreal.

omaghjoe

Quote from: Fuzzman on August 07, 2017, 11:47:57 PM
Just watched today's SG or is it MG and laughed at the end at Brolly and ORourke standing up for the teams that cant make it to the Super Eights each year.
Yes that's right, EVERY single team including NY and London all have an equal chance of making it to the last eight, where they THEN become The Super Eight. The top eight teams in the championship.
But No. Derry and Meath can't get that far in recent years because teams like Armagh, Tipperary, Clare, Galway, Monaghan, Donegal are ELITE and get more money or GAA support than they do.
Anyway. What was more funny was Lyster finally let Spillane speak who strangely I found myself agreeing with and at the end of his point he squeezed Brollys knee who looked at him as of to say F##k off ya Kerry c%%t whilst wearing his funeral shirt and tie.

Anyway, what I wanted to say was watched the end of the Sky coverage of Tyrone game. Not sure who commentator was bit he said first time Tyrone have got to the semi final without the back door or words to that affect.
I've been drinking some lovely French wine whilzt on holiday so thought I'd better listen again and yes that's what he said.

Yes TSG make some balls up but yo come out with that line is unreal.

Im sure there's a point in there somewhere Fuzz about TSG, tell us in the morning maybe!

Heard that commentator too on the Sky game, he said a few things during the game and I was thinking thats boliox

seafoid

Quote from: Fuzzman on August 07, 2017, 11:47:57 PM

Anyway, what I wanted to say was watched the end of the Sky coverage of Tyrone game. Not sure who commentator was bit he said first time Tyrone have got to the semi final without the back door or words to that affect.
I've been drinking some lovely French wine whilzt on holiday so thought I'd better listen again and yes that's what he said.

Yes TSG make some balls up but yo come out with that line is unreal.
It was probably Peter Canavan. Rupert Murdoch makes him talk shite to bring in more Derry and Armagh viewers. Sky needs them.
For the semi final he will say that Armagh should have won the 2003 final.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Fuzzman

My point was I was laughing how ridiculous TSG was again to hear such terrible inaccuracies, especially from CoR but Luster or nobody picked him on it. Then Brolly telling Spillane to F##k off when he pinched his leg was hilarious.

But to top it off the line from the sky commentator showed they all make big mistakes.

seafoid

Quote from: Fuzzman on August 08, 2017, 07:49:01 AM
My point was I was laughing how ridiculous TSG was again to hear such terrible inaccuracies, especially from CoR but Luster or nobody picked him on it. Then Brolly telling Spillane to F##k off when he pinched his leg was hilarious.

But to top it off the line from the sky commentator showed they all make big mistakes.
They all do. I saw some thing in the paper about Meath''s all Ireland in 1998
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

From the Bunker

Two Connacht teams contested yesterdays AI QF. Not a Connacht commentator in sight (I lie, Michael Lyster)! Instead we had the three Stooges. Co-commentary was from a Derry man. The lack of a Connacht commentator is a real gripe with me. Where is O'Hara? Connacht men always understand local Connacht rivalry better.