Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

Yeah I would agree with you there Aontrom but infairness I would say that the 3 Ards clubs are amongst the best travelers in the Divisions and very very rarely would there be any problems with games involving them.

Think this year it is time to try to have a special effort from all clubs to fulfill their fixtures on time. Less of the short sightedness of calling a a game off cos wee jonhny is away on holidays! Time to start to think of the 29 (if not more) other guys that will be sitting around with no game instead.

maxpower

Agree entirely thats its time the clubs make a big effort to ensure these games run off as scheduled, equally i would say their is am onus on the County Management to ensure that the majority of games feature the strong teams
What happens next????

johnneycool

Quote from: aontroim on March 08, 2010, 03:11:35 PM
And herein lies the problem - Down teams (or any other team from outside Antrim) should be prepared to take fixtures as they are given if they want to enter Antrim leagues - Antrim being a dual county can't afford to tailor fixtures for teams outside the county, to the detriment of Antrim clubs.

If the standard of competition within their own counties is not what Down/Tyrone clubs etc need and ask to enter Antrim leagues then make them the priority.

This isn't a rant though it may read like one - just a personal opinion that Antrim fixtures shouldn't be held to ransom for others.

Certainly in Ballygalget Antrim fixtures take priority over Down fixtures and that's cost us games last year when there's been double booking.

Lecale2

NAG1

Big grudge match for them too!

Guillem2

http://antrim.gaa.ie/news/details/?id=2244

This will hurt a lot of clubs if they don't get it sorted. The likes of Cushendall would lift a few quid at a home Div 1 game. Maybe Frankie will dig out the whistle again?

Plus the Down teams are hard to beat down there. If they have to play all their games away Ballygalget & Ballycran will struggle to stay in Div 1.
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

the colonel

Its something we have struggled with over the years to be fair. Our love of the county board is as strong as Celtic's love of the Scottish Football Association so although I thought we had the problem resolved I can't imagine there is a way back coming from the tone of the county site
the difference between success and failure is energy

theskull1

County panels will no doubt be affected by these strong arm tactics. Surely a period of diplomacy should be given to allow clubs time to resolve. There'll be a few humpy heads over this one
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

the colonel

Quote from: theskull1 on March 10, 2010, 05:37:52 PM
County panels will no doubt be affected by these strong arm tactics. Surely a period of diplomacy should be given to allow clubs time to resolve. There'll be a few humpy heads over this one

clubs like ourselves who have provided many players to the county panels, sold hundreds of saffron sweep tickets and provided mentors for teams and development squads are going to kick up I'm sure. We have over a number of years been strong supporters of county panels to our own detriment. Are club are continually annoyed with the way Antrim has conducted itself over various things and this will only add fuel to the fire

Milltown Row2

Quote from: the colonel on March 10, 2010, 06:37:05 PM

clubs like ourselves who have provided many players to the county panels, sold hundreds of saffron sweep tickets and provided mentors for teams and development squads are going to kick up I'm sure. We have over a number of years been strong supporters of county panels to our own detriment. Are club are continually annoyed with the way Antrim has conducted itself over various things and this will only add fuel to the fire
Thats shite talk Colonel. a lot of clubs could claim that (county players) we have done that for many years but still manage to provide referees
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

scamroc

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 10, 2010, 06:51:58 PM
Quote from: the colonel on March 10, 2010, 06:37:05 PM

Thats shite talk Colonel. a lot of clubs could claim that (county players) we have done that for many years but still manage to provide referees

So, what you're saying is, its ok for mccrackens to lose their home advantage because they haven't done as much for the cause recently? Careful there colonel, you nearly sound like rossa when they appealed relegation on grounds of "services to the county."

Take your oil.

the colonel

my main point is while we continue to feed in dedicated, committed players other players come along and show no where near commitment of our players

gelvis

Quote from: hardstation on March 10, 2010, 09:29:06 PM
Quote from: the colonel on March 10, 2010, 09:26:24 PM
my main point is while we continue to feed in dedicated, committed players other players come along and show no where near commitment of our players
The point is that clubs need to feed dedicated, committed referees though.

Cushedall have at least 2 referees this year, however none attended the meeting and therefore they have been put down the same as all the other teams who don't have any referees.  I'd say Cushendall won't be the only team in this boat and I wouldn't expect them to lose home advantage for any game.
"If you worried about falling off the bike, you'd never get on"

johnneycool

Quote from: gelvis on March 11, 2010, 04:10:30 PM
Quote from: hardstation on March 10, 2010, 09:29:06 PM
Quote from: the colonel on March 10, 2010, 09:26:24 PM
The point is that clubs need to feed dedicated, committed referees though.

Cushedall have at least 2 referees this year, however none attended the meeting and therefore they have been put down the same as all the other teams who don't have any referees.  I'd say Cushendall won't be the only team in this boat and I wouldn't expect them to lose home advantage for any game.

We had one lad refereed a bit last year in Antrim, not sure if he's either given it up or didn't attend the meeting.

Ballycran surprises me as Hugh Torney refereed a good bit in Antrim last year and I'd say he probably just didn't go to the meeting rather than pack in the refereeing.

Lecale2

Referees from outside Antrim don't attend the meeting. They must attend their own county meeting & tests.