Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uladhabu

Was talking to an Antrim Referee today who said the meeting was a shambles, rag tag outfit was his exact words, half of them didn't know the rules..... He said he the county secretary is giving the refs committee and everyone else a hard time won't let anyone but himself make the decisions on Referees gear! He made the point that clubs pay for the Refs gear and what the F**k has it got to do with him? Possible strike action by the Refs looming if the county secretary forgets his place and doesn't  stay the F**k out of it! His words lads not mine. Sounds like Antrims got it's own internal problems?

NAG1

Lads,

The referees were told they wouldnt be getting any new kit for the year and the old uniforms were to do them.

And best of all they were told that they were not being given a copy of the new rule book (£10.00) as it was too much money.

So at least it will be accurate when someone shouts at the ref this year 'you havent even seen a rule book'

Would anyone here get involved if thats the level of support you were being affored for giving up your time?

Uladhabu

Nag1, would agree. Can i just say that the rules can be downloaded as a PDF from the croke park website, but by the sounds of it the County Secretary needs to made accountable to the committee in charge. The lad( Referee) was telling me he has took over the watch tower in casement as his office, and that his off spring is running around with new gear on and allegedly distributing it to his close friends?????? This lad has never had anything to do with the GAA and never played, apart from the odd game of snooker in the social club. Referees do need support imo, but at the same time they need to be seen to be making a stronger effort as a group which indications are they are not!

NAG1

Cart and Horse syndrome

Why would anyone get involved with a group that is treated in this way?

If they are treated in this manner what is the onus on them to improve?

Minder

Paddy Power

Antrim 4/7 Draw 10/1 Laois 6/4
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

gelvis

Antrim Panel for the Laois game:

1 Gareth Mc Gee
2 Arron Graffin
3 Cormac Donnelly
4 Barry McFall
5 Simon Mc Crory
6 Karl McKeegan
7 Ciaran Herron
8 Paul Shields
9 Shane McNaughton
10 Liam Watson
11 Neil McManus
12 Paddy Mc Gill
13 Darren Hamill
14 Thomas McCann
15 PJ O Connell

Subs
16 Chris O Connell
17 Neil Mc Garry
18 Paudie Shivers
19 Conor  Mc Allister
20 James McKeague
21 Aaron Smiley
22 Eddie McCloskey
23 Neill Mc Auley
24 Colm McFall

"If you worried about falling off the bike, you'd never get on"

Minder

Wouldnt be mad about that FF line.

slow corner back

Simon McCrory at wing half back ahead of Neil McAuley? For once in my life I agree with minder, that full forward line does not overly impress. Good to see Paul Shields back but would him and Shane McNaughten have the height and physique to make an intercounty midfield? Not especially hopeful but at least we are at home and it is good to see McGee and Shields back.

aontroim

So has Tosh definitely left the panel then or what?  If so, I cant believe he wasn't given a chance compared to some of whats left on there.  ???

Minder

Quote from: aontroim on March 12, 2010, 11:08:35 PM
So has Tosh definitely left the panel then or what?  If so, I cant believe he wasn't given a chance compared to some of whats left on there.  ???

Definetly left.

aontroim

Quote from: Minder on March 12, 2010, 11:13:09 PM
Quote from: aontroim on March 12, 2010, 11:08:35 PM

Definetly left.

FFS  >:(

clootfromthe21

Good result for CPC Ballycastle this afternoon in the B colleges semi against Loughrea.

CPC led 13 to 6 at half time and were well worth the lead.

Loughrea came back at them a bit in the second half and had it down to 4 with about 5 to go when Clarke got a goal that killed them off - final score 2 18 to 1 14.

Some great score-taking from CPC who were both strong throughout the field and playing to a definite patterns, with both forwards making runs and the backs expecting forwards to make runs.

Fair play to Ballycastle - here's hoping they make a double.

slow corner back

Well done to CPC. Is that the fourth time in five years that an ulster side has got to the all ireland colleges final? Ballycastle have done two back to back and I know St pats Maghera won one a few years back also. I had a vague recollection of St Marys Belfast loosing a final three or four years ago but I could be wrong on that.

Fairhead

Yes congrats to CPC and best of luck in the final which i hear is against Dungarvan CBS on March 27. Its actually the 5th year in a row and maybe the 6th in 7 years that the Ulster champions have made the B Colleges final. St Pats won it in 06 (they lost one in 04 i think), CPC lost in 07 to Bunclody, St Marys lost in 08 to Lismore, CPC won it last year and have made it through again today. Its the kind of run that might put the Ulster reps under pressure in future years to go back up to the "A" competiton.

Antrim hopefully will get a win tomorrow to set up the Clare match nicely next week.

Minder

Anyone at it and was it as dire as a 10 pt defeat sounds?