Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HalfBack7

Quote from: Ty4Sam on January 15, 2020, 09:33:40 AM
Quote from: redzone on January 15, 2020, 06:39:13 AM
Quote from: LeoMc on January 13, 2020, 03:48:53 PM
Quote from: HalfBack7 on January 13, 2020, 03:26:40 PM
Proposal is for senior football to start on March 29th with Reserves to move to a stand alone fixture on a Monday night on a Regional basis.
I can see the positives of moving Reserve football to a stand alone fixture but not sure if Monday is the best option for it to work. Maybe a Friday instead as it would better suit students and men working away a lot better.

The proposal on youth football is U14 and U18 to start on February 22nd with U16 starting a week later. I can't see this working at all, especially for smaller clubs who have U14's playing U16 and U16 playing U18.

Was there not similar proposal put forward and defeated last year?

I would think the lads would rather be playing twice a week than training. However it does not leave much room for coaching sessions.
At the moment the gap between ending u-14s (June) and starting u16's (the following August) is too large and that 14 month gap could lead to a lot of drop out of players who are not able to play a grade above themselves.

Something has to be done about the delay of u16 until August because of minors which is in turn delayed by County u-17's and u-20's.
Someone mentioned earlier about a meeting to take place last night. Any update

Yes, meeting took place. Proposals were put forward to clubs, they are to go back to clubs to discuss and meeting will reconvene next Tuesday.

Briefly Proposal 1...U14/16/18 will all begin end Feb/beginning of March. Fixtures will run U14/18 one week and U16 the next and finish in September. Plenty of matches for underage footballers.

Proposal 2...Reserve football will decouple with senior football. There will be 2 regions (east/west) which will be split into 3 divisions. Start end of March and will run weekly and uninterrupted until end of June. Championship then starts finishing at beginning of August. These matches are proposed to be held on Monday evenings throughout the summer.

Proposal 3...Adult football will go to 4 divisions in 2021. (1A, 1B, 2, 3) 12 in each division, play home and away (22 matches). Matches with county players playing worth 4 points for a win, without county players worth 2 points for a win. The reasoning behind the third proposal is to do with upcoming changes at national level. We are looking at county football only from 2021 during May, June, July, August. This plan allows club football to continue during these months without county players. Championship football will remain as is with 16 teams in senior, intermediate and junior.

IMO these are positive changes from CCC, far from perfect but I don't think perfect exists. Last night proved that not everyone will be happy, we had people asking about were handball fits into the system, how reserve players that fly back to play matches will fit in etc. Reserve football is dying a death, the vast majority were happy with the new prosposed system, just not on a Monday night (but what night/day suits?). Proposal 3 is another must or we end up playing a cluster of matches in April and then virtually nothing until August, basically how we are now, if that continues we may as well kiss the club game goodbye.

Don't see the youth proposal working out at all. Take a 15/16 yr old who is on a county panel, if they are good enough to make a county panel then their club will probably also depend on them to play minor club football as well as their u16 club football.
Are they expected to train and play with the county whilst also training and playing with their clubs u16 and u18 teams.

A few years ago the main concern was player burnout, now the main concern is fixtures and they're forgetting about player burnout.

Eire90

Are Errigal ciaran reserves in division 3 and are they allowed promotion.

Ty4Sam

Quote from: HalfBack7 on January 15, 2020, 11:00:30 AM
Proposal is for senior football to start on March 29th with Reserves to move to a stand alone fixture on a Monday night on a Regional basis.
I can see the positives of moving Reserve football to a stand alone fixture but not sure if Monday is the best option for it to work. Maybe a Friday instead as it would better suit students and men working away a lot better.

The proposal on youth football is U14 and U18 to start on February 22nd with U16 starting a week later. I can't see this working at all, especially for smaller clubs who have U14's playing U16 and U16 playing U18.

I would think the lads would rather be playing twice a week than training. However it does not leave much room for coaching sessions.
At the moment the gap between ending u-14s (June) and starting u16's (the following August) is too large and that 14 month gap could lead to a lot of drop out of players who are not able to play a grade above themselves.

Something has to be done about the delay of u16 until August because of minors which is in turn delayed by County u-17's and u-20's.

Yes, meeting took place. Proposals were put forward to clubs, they are to go back to clubs to discuss and meeting will reconvene next Tuesday.

Briefly Proposal 1...U14/16/18 will all begin end Feb/beginning of March. Fixtures will run U14/18 one week and U16 the next and finish in September. Plenty of matches for underage footballers.

Proposal 2...Reserve football will decouple with senior football. There will be 2 regions (east/west) which will be split into 3 divisions. Start end of March and will run weekly and uninterrupted until end of June. Championship then starts finishing at beginning of August. These matches are proposed to be held on Monday evenings throughout the summer.

Proposal 3...Adult football will go to 4 divisions in 2021. (1A, 1B, 2, 3) 12 in each division, play home and away (22 matches). Matches with county players playing worth 4 points for a win, without county players worth 2 points for a win. The reasoning behind the third proposal is to do with upcoming changes at national level. We are looking at county football only from 2021 during May, June, July, August. This plan allows club football to continue during these months without county players. Championship football will remain as is with 16 teams in senior, intermediate and junior.

IMO these are positive changes from CCC, far from perfect but I don't think perfect exists. Last night proved that not everyone will be happy, we had people asking about were handball fits into the system, how reserve players that fly back to play matches will fit in etc. Reserve football is dying a death, the vast majority were happy with the new prosposed system, just not on a Monday night (but what night/day suits?). Proposal 3 is another must or we end up playing a cluster of matches in April and then virtually nothing until August, basically how we are now, if that continues we may as well kiss the club game goodbye.

Don't see the youth proposal working out at all. Take a 15/16 yr old who is on a county panel, if they are good enough to make a county panel then their club will probably also depend on them to play minor club football as well as their u16 club football.
Are they expected to train and play with the county whilst also training and playing with their clubs u16 and u18 teams.

A few years ago the main concern was player burnout, now the main concern is fixtures and they're forgetting about player burnout.

I see what you are saying but you are trying to cater here for the very few/elite. From the stats last night it was proven that the vast majority of youth players are not getting enough matches. There are far more lads (hundreds?) that are, lets say for an example, 15 years old, too old for U14 and too young/not good enough for U18, I think the average amount of matches played by U16s last night was 7 (could be wrong but near enough). Thats nowhere near enough for a young lad and we will or already have lost those lads to other sports. Like I said, its not perfect but its going to have to take a change in mindset for a lot of people.

Mikhailov

Quote from: Eire90 on January 15, 2020, 11:05:50 AM

Not Errigal reserves (they play in Div 1 reserve league) , Errigal 3rds play in Div 3 and as far as I know they can win promotion. Errigal 3rds reserves play in the Div 3 reserve league so in effect they have 4 adult teams fielding every season - not bad going in fairness.

LeoMc

Quote from: Ty4Sam on January 15, 2020, 11:09:12 AM

I see what you are saying but you are trying to cater here for the very few/elite. From the stats last night it was proven that the vast majority of youth players are not getting enough matches. There are far more lads (hundreds?) that are, lets say for an example, 15 years old, too old for U14 and too young/not good enough for U18, I think the average amount of matches played by U16s last night was 7 (could be wrong but near enough). Thats nowhere near enough for a young lad and we will or already have lost those lads to other sports. Like I said, its not perfect but its going to have to take a change in mindset for a lot of people.
I would agree there. They should be getting a minimum of 15-20 games over that 6 month season. More games makes each league game less critical and allows more opportunity for player rotation / development. Another positive to come from that is there will be a requirement for Managers of different age groups to talk to each other and coordinate access to and training for those players.
I would say that there would typically be 5-6 u-14s playing with the u-16's and 7-8 u-16's playing with the u-18's.

LeoMc

Quote from: Mikhailov on January 15, 2020, 11:23:58 AM

Not Errigal reserves (they play in Div 1 reserve league) , Errigal 3rds play in Div 3 and as far as I know they can win promotion. Errigal 3rds reserves play in the Div 3 reserve league so in effect they have 4 adult teams fielding every season - not bad going in fairness.

IF Reserve football is decoupled from Seniors and becomes more regular and potentially more recreational then we could see more clubs getting additional teams out. 

OurKid 2.0

Monday night games are stupid, say 2 degrees are playing in sallys on a sunday night are we as reserve players expected to miss that? Not a chance

Eire90

There not professionals so they should not be playing on Monday nights only Friday nights Saturday mornings afternoon evenings  and Sunday mornings and afternoons.Not everyone works 9 to 5 but you cant accommodate for everyone.

Localexpert

There's 3 clubs in our parish so would be the very least expected from that parish no?

The Golden Years

Time to do away with the development squads.  They offer nothing to the clubs.

champagne football

Quote from: The Golden Years on January 15, 2020, 02:47:35 PM

you can't do that, there are fathers out there who won't be able to post anything on facebook now if their young lad isn't playing on development squads??

The_Slug

Quote from: The Golden Years on January 15, 2020, 02:47:35 PM

been saying this for years, telling a lad who's 13/14 y/o that he inst good enough to make a team at that age isn't right. They should just stick to the u16 (possibly) and minor county squads for underage.

Ty4Sam

Also worth mentioning that another positive part of the youth proposal was that there would be unlimited subs in all underage league matches. Participation levels have to be raised across the board and this can only help.

Mikhailov

Quote from: Localexpert on January 15, 2020, 02:00:52 PM

There's 3 clubs in our parish so would be the very least expected from that parish no?

I always thought there were 4 teams in Coalisland parish - Fianna, Clonoe, Brackaville and Stewartstown but you learn something new every day

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Mikhailov on January 15, 2020, 03:54:44 PM
Quote from: Localexpert on January 15, 2020, 02:00:52 PM

I always thought there were 4 teams in Coalisland parish - Fianna, Clonoe, Brackaville and Stewartstown but you learn something new every day

Is Derrylaughan not in that Parish?