County Manager Merry go round

Started by Rossfan, August 11, 2015, 02:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Hell soon qualify for a pension ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

oliverkelly

Sligo going all out for 2020. A great coup getting Taylor on for another year afetr his 100% record this year.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: oliverkelly on August 07, 2019, 01:03:08 PM
Sligo going all out for 2020. A great coup getting Taylor on for another year afetr his 100% record this year.
Massive statement of Intent by our County Board. ;D
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

inexile

County Board to  nominate Jack O'Connor as Kildare Manager at the Sept Convention

http://kildaregaa.ie/statement-kildare-senior-football-manager/

Dinny Breen

Disappointed Glenn didn't get it but never a realistic proposition with the current county board especially with the Chairman seemingly looking for an extension.

Serious management appointment all the same. It will be a challenge more on the mental side as I do believe we have talented footballers. Interesting times.
#newbridgeornowhere

johnpower

Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 13, 2019, 10:07:48 PM
Disappointed Glenn didn't get it but never a realistic proposition with the current county board especially with the Chairman seemingly looking for an extension.

Serious management appointment all the same. It will be a challenge more on the mental side as I do believe we have talented footballers. Interesting times.

Surprised what is the issue preventing Glenn Ryan's appointment.? Thought the chairman was from the same club?

joemamas

Met a former player last week, who said as long as this chairman was in place Glenn Ryan would not get the job.
Some bullshit if true.
Also cannot stand Jack O Connor.
He ego-ometer must need a refill.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: johnpower on August 13, 2019, 11:45:52 PM

Surprised what is the issue preventing Glenn Ryan's appointment.? Thought the chairman was from the same club?

His wife is. Club politics. Not really the forum.
#newbridgeornowhere

Gael85

Will Ross Glavin and Anthony Rainbow be selectors? Rainbow supposed to be stepping down from Boden when finish up in championship.

shark

Quote from: Gael85 on August 14, 2019, 12:23:30 AM

Will Ross Glavin and Anthony Rainbow be selectors? Rainbow supposed to be stepping down from Boden when finish up in championship.

Would make sense for Glavin to get involved, from his perspective. He is so young that he doesn't need to jump in to any managerial job for the sake of it, and would learn lots with none of the pressure of being manager.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: shark on August 14, 2019, 08:44:13 AM

Would make sense for Glavin to get involved, from his perspective. He is so young that he doesn't need to jump in to any managerial job for the sake of it, and would learn lots with none of the pressure of being manager.

Ross is in the army and there is talk that he might be going overseas, it's pretty much a requirement for promotions.
#newbridgeornowhere

ck

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on August 07, 2019, 08:51:02 PM
Quote from: oliverkelly on August 07, 2019, 01:03:08 PM
Massive statement of Intent by our County Board. ;D

I feel depressed. Taylor was quoted in the media recently that he was "just getting started". I would be very concerned about where he could take us

ck

I'm hearing Tony McEntee is a shoe-in in Monaghan. I'd guess Monaghan people would be happy with that?

Gael85

Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 14, 2019, 09:30:05 AM

Ross is in the army and there is talk that he might be going overseas, it's pretty much a requirement for promotions.

What the chances of John Sugrue getting involved? He was selector/physical trainer with Kerry around 06

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Gael85 on August 14, 2019, 12:46:01 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 14, 2019, 09:30:05 AM

What the chances of John Sugrue getting involved? He was selector/physical trainer with Kerry around 06

It's rumoured.
#newbridgeornowhere