Author Topic: Tyrone County Football and Hurling  (Read 2468685 times)

Fear ón Srath Bán

• View Profile
    • Cumann Mhic Sioghair CLG, An Srath Bán
Re: Tyrone County Football and Hurling
« Reply #14295 on: September 14, 2021, 02:30:03 PM »
Jesus mckenna had a shocker

He wasn't happy with his own performance in his interview after, but he did set up one of the match winning goals. The cream always comes to the top and just like we seen in the Kerry game if he gets a sniff of it at all,  he will do damage.

As an outsider looking, what's the craic with sparky?

McKenna shooting boots on and be an all star next year

I'd expect Mc Kenna and Mc Shane to both improve significantly in the accuracy stakes by 2022, and with the midfield pairing of Kennedy and Kilpatrick visibly growing in stature and comfort in the middle of the park, Mattie Donnelly's contention that we can only get better from here doesn't appear to be outlandish in the slightest.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

southtyronegael

• View Profile
« Reply #14296 on: September 14, 2021, 02:53:02 PM »
Lads Tyrone are only getting warmed up! Young canavan and Lee Brennan be pushing for starting places next year too.

clarshack

• View Profile
« Reply #14297 on: September 14, 2021, 03:30:47 PM »
Lads Tyrone are only getting warmed up! Young canavan and Lee Brennan be pushing for starting places next year too.

It's exciting times to be a Tyrone supporter and already looking forward to next year's campaign. I'll even go to the McKenna cup games (if on) for the first time in a long while lol.
The new management have brought a real positivity and feel-good factor back to the county and long may it continue.

Cobra

• View Profile
« Reply #14298 on: September 14, 2021, 03:36:18 PM »
We are back. That's my summation. Logan and Dooher have brought an exciting attacking edge to this team. They look for the goal, take risks. Such a contrast from the borefest that Harte presided over. Mistakes not allowed. No risks. Tap it over. Get beat by 3 or 4 points and go home. It's now man on man. Trusting the players and their abilities and they have rewarded them for that trust by putting in fantastic performances. We've got our swagger back our mojo. We are building a dynasty.

Jayop

• View Profile
« Reply #14299 on: September 14, 2021, 04:02:00 PM »
We could win the AI again next year or get put out in the prelim of Ulster.

I do think we'll def be a stronger panel next year. You'd wonder if the old dogs in the panel will keep the same hunger now they've finally gotten over the line.

square_ball

• View Profile
« Reply #14300 on: September 14, 2021, 04:27:47 PM »
I thought it was interesting that Johnny Munroe was in the squad for I think the first time this year on Saturday. Shows the management really rate him and definitely could be one that comes into the team next year. Exciting times ahead.

clarshack

• View Profile
« Reply #14301 on: September 14, 2021, 04:38:17 PM »
We could win the AI again next year or get put out in the prelim of Ulster.

I do think we'll def be a stronger panel next year. You'd wonder if the old dogs in the panel will keep the same hunger now they've finally gotten over the line.

Donegal at Ballybofey would be tight in Ulster, maybe Monaghan again. That's bound to be the last year of straight knockout anyway?

God14

• it aint over til its over
    • View Profile
« Reply #14302 on: September 14, 2021, 04:44:58 PM »
I thought it was interesting that Johnny Munroe was in the squad for I think the first time this year on Saturday. Shows the management really rate him and definitely could be one that comes into the team next year. Exciting times ahead.

Yes Dooher namechecked him a few times during interviews, you get the feeling he really rates Munroe
Also the change of sub keeper caught me by surprise. Darragh mcanenley didn't make the 26, and was replaced by Lorcan Quinn
Ruthless management that

skeog

• View Profile
« Reply #14303 on: September 14, 2021, 07:31:47 PM »
Not ruthless Darragh injured last week.

Norf Tyrone

• View Profile
« Reply #14304 on: September 14, 2021, 09:26:53 PM »
Not ruthless Darragh injured last week.

I thought Lorcan Quinn was in the squad all year and McAnely replaced Gallen.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Jayop

• View Profile
« Reply #14305 on: September 14, 2021, 10:28:08 PM »
Morgan - 30
McNamee - 30
Harte - 30
M. Donnelly - 30
T. McCann - 30
Sludden - 29
McCurry - 28

Any concerns about any of the lads calling it a day? There's a big fall off once lads hit 30, I doubt too many of them will have more than a handful of seasons and that's really the spine of the team. If we could get another few years of them and then you'd be looking at the minors from this year starting to break through we could be OK.

NotedObserver

• View Profile
« Reply #14306 on: September 14, 2021, 10:37:48 PM »
Morgan - 30
McNamee - 30
Harte - 30
M. Donnelly - 30
T. McCann - 30
Sludden - 29
McCurry - 28

Any concerns about any of the lads calling it a day? There's a big fall off once lads hit 30, I doubt too many of them will have more than a handful of seasons and that's really the spine of the team. If we could get another few years of them and then you'd be looking at the minors from this year starting to break through we could be OK.

Can’t see it. These boys will probably want to play at the highest level for as long as they can and will step away when they can no longer contribute. All look after themselves

ONeill

• Shoving Connie Around The Room
    • View Profile
« Reply #14307 on: September 14, 2021, 10:56:22 PM »
Morgan - 30
McNamee - 30
Harte - 30
M. Donnelly - 30
T. McCann - 30
Sludden - 29
McCurry - 28

Didn't realise they were that young.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Baile an tuaigh

• mac uilin clg 1907-2007Na Gleannta Glas d'Aontriom
    • View Profile
« Reply #14308 on: September 14, 2021, 11:09:00 PM »
Morgan - 30
McNamee - 30
Harte - 30
M. Donnelly - 30
T. McCann - 30
Sludden - 29
McCurry - 28

Yea their only puppies. Outfield players have at least five years each and Niall Morgan has probably fifteen years left toughly.

Mikhailov

• View Profile
« Reply #14309 on: September 15, 2021, 08:20:03 AM »
Morgan - 30
McNamee - 30
Harte - 30
M. Donnelly - 30
T. McCann - 30
Sludden - 29
McCurry - 28

Yea their only puppies. Outfield players have at least five years each and Niall Morgan has probably fifteen years left toughly.

Not too many inter county players still playing who are in their mid 30’s nowadays. It is a serious commitment and it is not the fitness or body that dictates retirement.
Most times it is a lifestyle choice, lads gets married, have kids, change careers etc.
These are some of the main reasons players retire as they enter the 30’s.
Take Colly Cavanagh as a recent example who cited kids and starting a new company as his reason for the stepping away. The time commitment required to play for a top inter county side is phenomenal, it is basically professional in terms of what is required