Author Topic: Tyrone County Football and Hurling  (Read 2462233 times)

clarshack

• View Profile
Re: Tyrone County Football and Hurling
« Reply #14280 on: September 12, 2021, 04:44:28 PM »
Peter Harte is a completely different player under the new management. He has been outstanding this season and should be in the running for an All-Star.

Tyrone Gaa

• View Profile
« Reply #14281 on: September 13, 2021, 10:03:41 AM »
Recovering from the weekend and what a weekend it was. The lads were too class. Niall Morgan put in a performance I didn’t know he was capable off. Simply outstanding, in all likelihood securing himself an allstar. For me Conor Meyler is the player of the year. What a player he is.
Living the dream!!!

TopOfTheRight13

• View Profile
« Reply #14282 on: September 13, 2021, 02:01:07 PM »
Recovering from the weekend and what a weekend it was. The lads were too class. Niall Morgan put in a performance I didn’t know he was capable off. Simply outstanding, in all likelihood securing himself an allstar. For me Conor Meyler is the player of the year. What a player he is.

All the lads deserve massive respect, no mean feat. Niall has matured immensely in regards to positioning, support play, even the penalty miss would be classed as a GK save obviously got in o'donohoe eye line and the latter was an ex Irish youth International.. His passing range and vision is super too. Listening to his podcast this morning can only admire the man. The Dazzler is a contender for POY also, showed what he was about on Sat, coming deep popping passes taking scores with that wand of a left unmarkable man to man. If he played for a top four club team in the county they'd be County Champions most seasons.
https://youtu.be/6_sUAzM0dbo

Jayop

• View Profile
« Reply #14283 on: September 13, 2021, 04:21:55 PM »
Meyler POTY for me after the last three games where it really mattered. I think McGeary's performance vs Kerry was over stated a little bit, by me too. I rewatched the game last week and I don't think he was a  good as Meyler when watching it in the cold light of day.

McCurry has put himself back in the reckoning. He started the year playing incredible, struggled a wee bit against Monaghan and Kerry but stood up massively at the weekend.

Jayop

• View Profile
« Reply #14284 on: September 13, 2021, 04:24:20 PM »
McCurry scored 1-30 this year against top opposition all the way through. Fantasic and I'd have more respect for that than the likes of Sean OShea running up the scores against poor opposition.

Baile an tuaigh

• mac uilin clg 1907-2007Na Gleannta Glas d'Aontriom
    • View Profile
« Reply #14285 on: September 13, 2021, 10:12:57 PM »
I'm just looking through the Tyrone sub bench and im astounded at the talent you have. Mark Bradley, Tiernan McCann, Cathal McShane, young Canavan, Lee Brennan and many many more. Plus I've seen loads of Tyrone players at your club games not even on the panel who would walk on to our County team. Nobody outside of Tyrone will probably never know who they are.

This is obviously hypothetical but if the All Ireland semifinals and final had to be replayed and Tyrone, Mayo Kerry and Dublin had to play numbers 16 to 30 Tyrone would win it with ease.

I do believe Tyrone can get even better them to men in midfield are great catches us their only getting used to playing with each other.

Congratulations on your All Ireland win you done it the hard way.

An Watcher

• View Profile
« Reply #14286 on: September 13, 2021, 10:30:36 PM »
Folks, just rewatching the game and was surprised at the substitution of Mattie Donnelly.  Rarely happens but did he get a knock or was just poor?  McKenna missed alot of chances but at least he was making them I suppose.  Then he created the goal.

Fear ón Srath Bán

• View Profile
    • Cumann Mhic Sioghair CLG, An Srath Bán
« Reply #14287 on: September 13, 2021, 10:33:35 PM »
Folks, just rewatching the game and was surprised at the substitution of Mattie Donnelly.  Rarely happens but did he get a knock or was just poor?  McKenna missed alot of chances but at least he was making them I suppose.  Then he created the goal.

Apparently Mattie was carrying the hamstring from the Kerry game, and was expected to last no more than 1 hour.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

An Watcher

• View Profile
« Reply #14288 on: September 13, 2021, 10:43:33 PM »
Fair enough

An Watcher

• View Profile
« Reply #14289 on: September 13, 2021, 11:02:14 PM »
Jesus mckenna had a shocker

omaghjoe

• View Profile
« Reply #14290 on: September 13, 2021, 11:24:45 PM »
Meyler POTY for me after the last three games where it really mattered. I think McGeary's performance vs Kerry was over stated a little bit, by me too. I rewatched the game last week and I don't think he was a  good as Meyler when watching it in the cold light of day.

McCurry has put himself back in the reckoning. He started the year playing incredible, struggled a wee bit against Monaghan and Kerry but stood up massively at the weekend.

Im 100% on this

Meyler POTY for me... been absolutely fantastic, done everything that was asked of him and more should have had MOTM v Kerry

Not taking away from McGeary he's had a fantastic year, funnily enough even though he's had more freedom this year he's made a lot less of his rash mistakes, Anyway he was big in ET in extra time in the SF so i think that's what got him the MOTM but overall it shoulda been Meyler... snuffed out Paudie Clifford and set up countless attacks.

For the record I woulda gave Morgan or maybe Kilpatrick MOTM yesterday but MCCurry was in the running alright... The Edendork defo men had a big day!

Baile an tuaigh

• mac uilin clg 1907-2007Na Gleannta Glas d'Aontriom
    • View Profile
« Reply #14291 on: September 13, 2021, 11:29:07 PM »

He wasn't happy with his own performance in his interview after, but he did set up one of the match winning goals. The cream always comes to the top and just like we seen in the Kerry game if he gets a sniff of it at all,  he will do damage.

As an outsider looking, what's the craic with sparky?

Jayop

• View Profile
« Reply #14292 on: September 13, 2021, 11:34:57 PM »
Dooher the 5th man to both captain and win the AI as manager apparently.

clarshack

• View Profile
« Reply #14293 on: September 13, 2021, 11:40:34 PM »
McGeary will get POTY but I think Hampsey would have to be a serious contender for it too.

NotedObserver

• View Profile
« Reply #14294 on: September 14, 2021, 12:43:17 AM »

He wasn't happy with his own performance in his interview after, but he did set up one of the match winning goals. The cream always comes to the top and just like we seen in the Kerry game if he gets a sniff of it at all,  he will do damage.

As an outsider looking, what's the craic with sparky?

McKenna shooting boots on and be an all star next year