Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omaghjoe

Quote from: Jayop on September 13, 2021, 04:21:55 PM
Meyler POTY for me after the last three games where it really mattered. I think McGeary's performance vs Kerry was over stated a little bit, by me too. I rewatched the game last week and I don't think he was a  good as Meyler when watching it in the cold light of day.

McCurry has put himself back in the reckoning. He started the year playing incredible, struggled a wee bit against Monaghan and Kerry but stood up massively at the weekend.

Im 100% on this

Meyler POTY for me... been absolutely fantastic, done everything that was asked of him and more should have had MOTM v Kerry

Not taking away from McGeary he's had a fantastic year, funnily enough even though he's had more freedom this year he's made a lot less of his rash mistakes, Anyway he was big in ET in extra time in the SF so i think that's what got him the MOTM but overall it shoulda been Meyler... snuffed out Paudie Clifford and set up countless attacks.

For the record I woulda gave Morgan or maybe Kilpatrick MOTM yesterday but MCCurry was in the running alright... The Edendork defo men had a big day!

Baile an tuaigh

Quote from: An Watcher on September 13, 2021, 11:02:14 PM
Jesus mckenna had a shocker

He wasn't happy with his own performance in his interview after, but he did set up one of the match winning goals. The cream always comes to the top and just like we seen in the Kerry game if he gets a sniff of it at all,  he will do damage.

As an outsider looking, what's the craic with sparky?

Jayop

Dooher the 5th man to both captain and win the AI as manager apparently.

clarshack

McGeary will get POTY but I think Hampsey would have to be a serious contender for it too.

NotedObserver

Quote from: Baile an tuaigh on September 13, 2021, 11:29:07 PM

He wasn't happy with his own performance in his interview after, but he did set up one of the match winning goals. The cream always comes to the top and just like we seen in the Kerry game if he gets a sniff of it at all,  he will do damage.

McKenna shooting boots on and be an all star next year

Baile an tuaigh

Quote from: NotedObserver on September 14, 2021, 12:43:17 AM

He will indeed  said they all had alot more to offer.

Just listened to Niall Morgans interview on off the ball its amazing Tyrone done as well as they did this year, with new management the heavy defeat in Killarney plus so many boys down with covid. (I believe Richie Donnelly was most effected lost about 2 stone).

2022 looking promising for Tyrone but one thing we know is there will be a x on your back.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: NotedObserver on September 14, 2021, 12:43:17 AM

I'd expect Mc Kenna and Mc Shane to both improve significantly in the accuracy stakes by 2022, and with the midfield pairing of Kennedy and Kilpatrick visibly growing in stature and comfort in the middle of the park, Mattie Donnelly's contention that we can only get better from here doesn't appear to be outlandish in the slightest.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

southtyronegael

Lads Tyrone are only getting warmed up! Young canavan and Lee Brennan be pushing for starting places next year too.

clarshack

Quote from: southtyronegael on September 14, 2021, 02:53:02 PM
Lads Tyrone are only getting warmed up! Young canavan and Lee Brennan be pushing for starting places next year too.

It's exciting times to be a Tyrone supporter and already looking forward to next year's campaign. I'll even go to the McKenna cup games (if on) for the first time in a long while lol.
The new management have brought a real positivity and feel-good factor back to the county and long may it continue.

Cobra

We are back. That's my summation. Logan and Dooher have brought an exciting attacking edge to this team. They look for the goal, take risks. Such a contrast from the borefest that Harte presided over. Mistakes not allowed. No risks. Tap it over. Get beat by 3 or 4 points and go home. It's now man on man. Trusting the players and their abilities and they have rewarded them for that trust by putting in fantastic performances. We've got our swagger back our mojo. We are building a dynasty.

Jayop

We could win the AI again next year or get put out in the prelim of Ulster.

I do think we'll def be a stronger panel next year. You'd wonder if the old dogs in the panel will keep the same hunger now they've finally gotten over the line.

square_ball

I thought it was interesting that Johnny Munroe was in the squad for I think the first time this year on Saturday. Shows the management really rate him and definitely could be one that comes into the team next year. Exciting times ahead.

clarshack

Quote from: Jayop on September 14, 2021, 04:02:00 PM
We could win the AI again next year or get put out in the prelim of Ulster.

I do think we'll def be a stronger panel next year. You'd wonder if the old dogs in the panel will keep the same hunger now they've finally gotten over the line.

Donegal at Ballybofey would be tight in Ulster, maybe Monaghan again. That's bound to be the last year of straight knockout anyway?

God14

Quote from: square_ball on September 14, 2021, 04:27:47 PM
I thought it was interesting that Johnny Munroe was in the squad for I think the first time this year on Saturday. Shows the management really rate him and definitely could be one that comes into the team next year. Exciting times ahead.

Yes Dooher namechecked him a few times during interviews, you get the feeling he really rates Munroe
Also the change of sub keeper caught me by surprise. Darragh mcanenley didn't make the 26, and was replaced by Lorcan Quinn
Ruthless management that

skeog

Not ruthless Darragh injured last week.