Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southtyronegael

Quote from: Christmas Lights on September 12, 2021, 09:21:23 AM
Quote from: southtyronegael on September 11, 2021, 07:08:40 PM
Oh my f**king god. This is special. Enjoy lads.

You owe an apology to a pit of those players,  they have proved you wrong. Peter Harte is an immense player.
I backed the players. Mickey Harte was the problem. Suck it up!

RedHand88

Quote from: southtyronegael on September 12, 2021, 09:58:43 AM

You owe an apology to a pit of those players,  they have proved you wrong. Peter Harte is an immense player.

"The nephew" as you used to call him, had an outstanding day yesterday.

tyrone08

Quote from: RedHand88 on September 12, 2021, 10:10:52 AM
Quote from: southtyronegael on September 12, 2021, 09:58:43 AM

"The nephew" as you used to call him, had an outstanding day yesterday.

To be fair there were plenty of times in the past when Petey didn't play well and should have been taken off but never was. Interesting thing is all players are playing better this year than ever before, think it shows mickey and his system didnt work.

southtyronegael

Peter Harte probably had one of his best ever years. Delighted for him. No uncle Mickey breathing down his neck. Alot of guys on here were saying Mickey was getting the best out of average players. Looks like that theory has been blown out of the f**king water!

Lamh Dhearg Alba

The debate about Mickey on this thread in recent years was intense and at times pretty unpleasant, due mainly to a few posters who made the thing personal. That was totally unnecessary and out of order. I argued the past few years that Mickey, for all his massive achievements, had been there too long and that his extremely conservative style and micro managing of the team was stifling them.

I didn't expect things to turn so quickly on his departure, but despite their limited time with the players, it was obvious that Logan and Dooher and co were letting them play with more freedom in attack and getting more creative players up the field. I think it's inconceivable that Tyrone under Mickey in recent times would have scored 5 goals in an All Ireland semi and final against Kerry and Mayo, or indeed that if they were ahead late on that he would be encouraging them to keep attacking and be sending on attackers as subs. We can only be thankful he didn't get his extra year as Tyrone wouldn't be All Ireland champions today if he had.

All that said, he also deserves great credit for the conditioning and preparation of those players over the years and for keeping Tyrone at the top table. By taking on what he left and providing a more bold approach, the new management team provided success quicker than probably any of us believed possible. With a proper season next year and hopefully McShane and Canavan bedded in, and hopefully McKenna with a more defined role, and a year or two still left in Petey and Mattie, this team can still be better.

That's for the future though. Right now, just want to thank the players and everyone else who made this possible and wish you all the best with the celebrations 🍾.

clarshack

Peter Harte is a completely different player under the new management. He has been outstanding this season and should be in the running for an All-Star.

Tyrone Gaa

Recovering from the weekend and what a weekend it was. The lads were too class. Niall Morgan put in a performance I didn't know he was capable off. Simply outstanding, in all likelihood securing himself an allstar. For me Conor Meyler is the player of the year. What a player he is.
Living the dream!!!

TopOfTheRight13

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on September 13, 2021, 10:03:41 AM
Recovering from the weekend and what a weekend it was. The lads were too class. Niall Morgan put in a performance I didn't know he was capable off. Simply outstanding, in all likelihood securing himself an allstar. For me Conor Meyler is the player of the year. What a player he is.

All the lads deserve massive respect, no mean feat. Niall has matured immensely in regards to positioning, support play, even the penalty miss would be classed as a GK save obviously got in o'donohoe eye line and the latter was an ex Irish youth International.. His passing range and vision is super too. Listening to his podcast this morning can only admire the man. The Dazzler is a contender for POY also, showed what he was about on Sat, coming deep popping passes taking scores with that wand of a left unmarkable man to man. If he played for a top four club team in the county they'd be County Champions most seasons.
https://youtu.be/6_sUAzM0dbo

Jayop

Meyler POTY for me after the last three games where it really mattered. I think McGeary's performance vs Kerry was over stated a little bit, by me too. I rewatched the game last week and I don't think he was a  good as Meyler when watching it in the cold light of day.

McCurry has put himself back in the reckoning. He started the year playing incredible, struggled a wee bit against Monaghan and Kerry but stood up massively at the weekend.

Jayop

McCurry scored 1-30 this year against top opposition all the way through. Fantasic and I'd have more respect for that than the likes of Sean OShea running up the scores against poor opposition.

Baile an tuaigh

I'm just looking through the Tyrone sub bench and im astounded at the talent you have. Mark Bradley, Tiernan McCann, Cathal McShane, young Canavan, Lee Brennan and many many more. Plus I've seen loads of Tyrone players at your club games not even on the panel who would walk on to our County team. Nobody outside of Tyrone will probably never know who they are.

This is obviously hypothetical but if the All Ireland semifinals and final had to be replayed and Tyrone, Mayo Kerry and Dublin had to play numbers 16 to 30 Tyrone would win it with ease.

I do believe Tyrone can get even better them to men in midfield are great catches us their only getting used to playing with each other.

Congratulations on your All Ireland win you done it the hard way.

An Watcher

Folks, just rewatching the game and was surprised at the substitution of Mattie Donnelly.  Rarely happens but did he get a knock or was just poor?  McKenna missed alot of chances but at least he was making them I suppose.  Then he created the goal.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: An Watcher on September 13, 2021, 10:30:36 PM
Folks, just rewatching the game and was surprised at the substitution of Mattie Donnelly.  Rarely happens but did he get a knock or was just poor?  McKenna missed alot of chances but at least he was making them I suppose.  Then he created the goal.

Apparently Mattie was carrying the hamstring from the Kerry game, and was expected to last no more than 1 hour.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

An Watcher

An Watcher