Donegal v Armagh Championship game

Started by MrC, April 18, 2007, 10:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

I wouldn't be for slating Hearty, sh*t happens, McKinney did the exact same in the League in Cross this year.

Mack the finger

Over the Bar

Was travelling in Newry on Sunday morning when I saw the dippers had about 20 cars pulled over.   First time I've seen them in ages as funnily enough on match day.  Sly hoors!

Hank Everlast

Ronan and brian will be a while  yet, think they are pretty much at the same stage.  when can we expect armagh to be playn there next match?

Smokin Joe

Quote from: Hank Everlast on May 29, 2007, 09:57:28 AM
Ronan and brian will be a while  yet, think they are pretty much at the same stage.  when can we expect armagh to be playn there next match?

7th July

naka

don`t think either will be ready for next game, 

Uladh

Donaghy did well with the ball. he's a good distributer - something i hadn't seen before as i'd only seen him playing in the full back line. those people lauding him as a replacement for francie obviously didn't notice he was playing around the middle third. the reservations before the game were about him playing in the full back line and still apply if he ever has to.

There were only 2 half forwards. Marsden and Kernan. pundits who classed mckeever and o'rourke as half forwards should be sacked for gross incompetence.

McKeever was also dropping into the middle third to leave space for the two half forwards.

How anyone who went to the game could think martin o'rourke was playing in the half forward line is beyond me. He's obviously the extra defender when the opposition attack. ffs most times when donegal were carrying the ball across the half back line, he was 30 yards goal side of his own half back line.

Oisin should always be on the pitch for the last ten minutes, but he should be coming on for them. carrying him for 60 minutes to ensure he's there isn't on.

I thought there were as many armagh supporters in the ground as donegal.

The only thing to take from the irish news ratings is that there is one less tree in the rain forest for no good reason.

TYP - thank god you only watch football in your school and not coach. i don't think there's any points you made about the game i agree with.

Goats Do Shave

QuoteThe Ronan Clarke injury story is 100% true btw. Didn't notice him there yesterday, did anybody see him??

He was there, himself, Francie, JP, Peader & wee Brian all dandered over the field & sat just over from myself. They all scaled the steps handy enough. None of them looked to be limping!

I was chatting to the brother & he said that it was all rumours...& they were wrong. There's no change to Ronan..."he's flying!".

I wouldn't fault any member of the Armagh senior team . I thought the battled as hard as they could...& were unlcuky in the end.

I would agree that the minors were superb. I hope plenty will go till Clones in 3 weeks to support them! & yes the 3 Tullysaran lads were excellent. Very brave lads for the size of them.

Hank Everlast

have to agree bout the tullysaran lads, watched the minors play middletown last nite and they were trailing by 4 pointswith 15 minutes to go, the 3 county boys were then introduced and they won by 7 or 8 points!! definite quality there

gander

I wouldn't be too harsh on Hearty, yes it was a bad mistake but it happens to the outfield players all the time and nothing is said.  Plus he made to fantastice saves in the westmeath match in the league, if he hadn't we'd be in division 3 next year.

hopball

Donaghy and Toner, played excellent.  Because they were given the chance to, if the other subs were given any chance to show, i am sure some of them could play just as well and be in the running for a starting place.  The point is that OMC knows that his position is not under threat no matter how bad he plays.  This is where the prob arises, most of the players on are too comfortable in the knowledge that they are safe.

pintsofguinness

why the f**k was the minor championship on last night when county minors playing sunday? where is the sense with that?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

corn02

What do you expect POG, in Armagh minor and Under 21 Championships are irrelevant.

pintsofguinness

everything other than the county team are irrelevant it would seem.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Armagh Exile

There was only one Minor Championship game last night.  St Peter's and Tir na nOg and I don't think there was any county players involved.
The 1st round of the MFC takes place next Monday night.