Armagh injury crisis

Started by onefaircounty, February 16, 2014, 11:17:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

onefaircounty

I see Gaelic Life are saying James Lavery is out for three months.

Has there even been a side that had so many injuries in one season? Very unlucky.

AFS

Things aren't that bad. Should Aaron Kernan return for the next game we could conceivably be down as few as two of our first choice 15. Many of the injured (Moriarty, Toner, Lavery, A Forker) are lads edging around the periphery of the starting team.

Throw ball

Quote from: AFS on February 16, 2014, 03:45:18 PM
Things aren't that bad. Should Aaron Kernan return for the next game we could conceivably be down as few as two of our first choice 15. Many of the injured (Moriarty, Toner, Lavery, A Forker) are lads edging around the periphery of the starting team.

To be fair you need capable subs as well! Most of Armagh's injuries appear to be in the defence or midfield area.

AFS

Yeah, no argument that these absentees are having an effect on depth at the minute, but I'm sure plenty of other counties are in the same boat. With Kernan and Rafferty hopefully returning in the next few weeks, there's the potential to put out 13 of our first choice 15. That's probably better than most counties could manage at this stage of the season. Things could be a lot worse.

haranguerer

There doesn't seem to be that many first teamers as AFS says - must say when I read the headlines I figured it was Grimley was getting his excuses in

DuffleKing

That was my feeling too - every county has injuries but the hullaballoo we are making of it at every turn isn't helping anyone - least of all the healthy players

Throw ball

Armagh's ability to win games is not only affected by the injury crisis but the sidelining of a number of available players by management eg. those who travelled to the states last year, those considered too old and those under suspension. The rights and wrongs of those decisions are also debatable.

BennyCake

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: BennyCake on February 18, 2014, 01:11:20 AM
Bring back Mal Mackin, I say!

Bring back Des Mackin senior while you're at it!

thebandit

John Kingham is the man to sort this out

5 Sams

The Aristocrat Years

armaghniac

Quote from: 5 Sams on February 24, 2014, 04:42:35 PM
McKeever gone for the league.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/gaelic-games/26328295?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

That's not good, he provided obvious leadership when he was playing. Without himself and AK the younger team members seems rudderless.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

BennyCake

We'll just have to win next years All-Ireland from Division 3 then. So be it.

Throw ball

JP

Ah crap that's awful news. McKeever will be a massive loss. No Toner to step in for that position either.

Who's the best bet there now? Vernon?