Meath vs Limerick

Started by meathie, July 01, 2008, 10:49:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

Looking forward to Galvin v Ward.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

thejuice

Looking forward to it now, Its been that long since our last game its almost a new season for us. I wonder will many travel. The minors are playing the Leinster final on Sunday dont forget, so some might stay put. The suporters club has a bus going to Limerick as well. the details are on www.gaa.ie/meath
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

meathie

yes looking forward to it too. I dont think we'll ever see Geraghty in CB though it would be great problem solved for the moment. Coyle would never make that switch imo. I think theres gonna be good support there, reckon the fans are as raring to go as the team. I was in day dream land there for a while thinking of the prospect of the Aug bank holiday parings we could get: Mayo  ;D, Dublin  :o Wexford  ???(could we meet?) Kerry  :-\, Armagh   :P or Fermanagh  :(, what a prospect! any of those should be enough to get us motivated! and dont worry neutral people, Im not getting ahead of myself just in la la land! ;)

rrhf

As Meath men descended on sweet Limerick town
desperate to save their season
victims of a wexford revolution
that seemed to defy all reason

On Sunday morn as they read the news
the headlines confirmed their fears
the leader was a Limerick man
and Proud Meath were reduced to tears.

agorm

I am going to the minor game on Sunday. Would like to go to the Limerick game but the time makes it difficult get back up at a reasonable hour that evening. According to the Chronicle the Limerick county board were willing to bring the game forward to suit Meath supporters but Mickey Ned O' Sullivan wouldnt agree.

Regarding the game, I would be pretty confident that we can beat them. There will be no complacency after the Wexford turnaround and players will be playing for their places now that the suspended players are back. The players know that they let a Leinster final appearance slip through their fingers. I would suspect that Coyle will play Harrington at centre back, he now has options in midfield and attack. Overall I cannot see Limerick outscoring us and would go for a win by 5 points or more.

Zulu

Mickey Ned is dead right not to allow the game be brought forward and th eLimerick CB shouldn't have entertained the suggestion either. As for the game itself I think it will be close with Meath maybe winning by 2-3 points in a relatively low scoring game, 1-13 to 1-10.

stevecw

Having seen both Meath games this year, i reckon they are better than most ppl think. I think they will take Limerick by 6 or 7 pts & go on to AI semi at least. That 1st game v Carlow they got thru a sticky 1st 15 mins & won by 20 pts in the end!
Wex game were so in control it was crazy...but that 2nd half collapse also included a perfect Meath disallowed goal which wud have put Meath 12 pts ahead at the time.
Ok what happened after was crazy, no excuse to lose such a lead. As a neutral that prob has to go down as my fave game of all time. It was mad, had everything & more! Best €15 i ever spent!!

thejuice

Quote from: stevecw on July 17, 2008, 11:27:33 PM
Having seen both Meath games this year, i reckon they are better than most ppl think. I think they will take Limerick by 6 or 7 pts & go on to AI semi at least. That 1st game v Carlow they got thru a sticky 1st 15 mins & won by 20 pts in the end!
Wex game were so in control it was crazy...but that 2nd half collapse also included a perfect Meath disallowed goal which wud have put Meath 12 pts ahead at the time.
Ok what happened after was crazy, no excuse to lose such a lead. As a neutral that prob has to go down as my fave game of all time. It was mad, had everything & more! Best €15 i ever spent!!

you going to Limerick then, it'd be a shame to miss a game then, I have jersey for ya!  ;)
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

agorm

Quote from: Zulu on July 17, 2008, 11:16:23 PM
Mickey Ned is dead right not to allow the game be brought forward and th eLimerick CB shouldn't have entertained the suggestion either. As for the game itself I think it will be close with Meath maybe winning by 2-3 points in a relatively low scoring game, 1-13 to 1-10.

How can you say he is dead right?     These are the times of the games - Monaghan v Derry (3.00pm), Tipperary v Westmeath (3.00pm), Donegal v Roscommon (5.00pm),
Kildare v Cavan (7.00pm), Longford v Laois (7.00pm), Louth v Tyrone (7.00pm), Offaly v Down (7.00pm)  and Limerick v Meath (7.00pm).

Meath supporters have the longest distance to travel of the teams above. I am not sure how the times are determined but especially since the Minors were in the semifinal at the time of the draw it could have been factored into the time. According to the Chronicle Meath were very accomodating to teams last year with similar requests. If there was a genuine reason for not playing earlier then I would accept that but I have to suspect that there is a bit of up yours being played by Mickey Ned.

Anyway, the important thing is the performance and the result and lets hope that Mickey Ned wont be having to disrupt any more of his Saturday afternoons with early starts!!

meathie

agree there agorm, its very unsporting that he would not change the time. I had read though that he and the team had no problem with it but the County Board/Management said no. thought Meath would have named team last night...

Jinxy

Was the team announced yet? Heard a rumour GG isn't playing.

The Claw

Heard the team

1. Murphy
2. McKeigue
3. Fay
4. McGill
5. Kenny
6. Harrington
7. King
8. Crawford
9. Ward
10. Nestor
11. Meade
12. Byrne
13. Bray
14. Farrell
15. Ward

Coyle is after puttin his balls on the line......

Jinxy

Hmmmmm. Big Joe and GG on the bench. I'd have kept midfield the way it was but maybe Coyler has gone for the biggest midfield in the country for tactical reasons. I just hope they don't destroy Meade by shifting him around and wrecking his confidence. Glad to see Nestor in there. Did very well before getting injured against Wexford. Pace to burn.

Hardy

Not many would have predicted that line-up. It makes sense in many ways, though. I presume we're looking at a three-man midfield, including Meade, which would mean we'll see Ward on the 40 as before, with two inside.

We don't know form in training, but big Joe, O'Connor and GG must wonder what they've done to be dropped. Overall, though, it's hard to find fault with the selection. Good to see Kenny back - that will make a major difference to winning breaks around the middle. Harrington having his first go at CHB must be the big imponderable. I hope it works, or if it doesn't, that it'll be changed before too much damage is done.

Zulu

Quote from: agorm on July 18, 2008, 09:01:12 AM
Quote from: Zulu on July 17, 2008, 11:16:23 PM

How can you say he is dead right?     These are the times of the games - Monaghan v Derry (3.00pm), Tipperary v Westmeath (3.00pm), Donegal v Roscommon (5.00pm),
Kildare v Cavan (7.00pm), Longford v Laois (7.00pm), Louth v Tyrone (7.00pm), Offaly v Down (7.00pm)  and Limerick v Meath (7.00pm).

Meath supporters have the longest distance to travel of the teams above. I am not sure how the times are determined but especially since the Minors were in the semifinal at the time of the draw it could have been factored into the time. According to the Chronicle Meath were very accomodating to teams last year with similar requests. If there was a genuine reason for not playing earlier then I would accept that but I have to suspect that there is a bit of up yours being played by Mickey Ned.

Anyway, the important thing is the performance and the result and lets hope that Mickey Ned wont be having to disrupt any more of his Saturday afternoons with early starts!!

Sorry I got my wires crossed last night, I thought the game was on much earlier and I now agree ye should have been accomodated. Interesting Meath team, some big calls being made by Coyle.