James McClean

Started by thewobbler, July 19, 2015, 12:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Applesisapples

Some times people go out of their way to be harassed.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: lynchbhoy on August 03, 2015, 02:16:44 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 03, 2015, 01:03:16 PM
Quote from: MoChara on August 03, 2015, 10:30:33 AM
If you think there isn't a disparity in policing in the North you need look no further than the 12th where an Orangeman tried to run over people in a car and got bail, yet the peelers recommended two people "provocatively" waving a tricolor were refused. By all means it sounds like the two fellas were fools but I can't imagine they are the greater menace to society.

That's a courts thing and nothing to do with policing, I may be wrong on that.... And we are going off thread... Its fair to say some posters think he's a fool and some don't... I doubt very much he gives a shit.. But for ones saying Derry is like the bad old days is completely wrong
It is prob not as bad as the 'bad old days' but it's not right and intentionally harassing non Political people is not going on elsewhere as far as I've heard! Plus that kind of mentality and heavy handed policing belongs in the bad old days.
You might know a bit about that belfast cesspit but it's obv you are not up to speed and know sfa and even less than I do about modern day Derry city and such happenings in surrounding suburbs

Thankfully I don't, be there once every other week for work and like Belfast I've never been given that heavy handed policing but hey maybe I'm just one of the lucky ones
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

MoChara

If you think there isn't a disparity in policing in the North you need look no further than the 12th where an Orangeman tried to run over people in a car and got bail, yet the peelers recommended two people "provocatively" waving a tricolor were refused. By all means it sounds like the two fellas were fools but I can't imagine they are the greater menace to society.

That's a courts thing and nothing to do with policing, I may be wrong on that.... And we are going off thread... Its fair to say some posters think he's a fool and some don't... I doubt very much he gives a shit.. But for ones saying Derry is like the bad old days is completely wrong

The decision to give bail is the court but the PSNI make their recommendations based on their version of events.

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: cornerback on August 10, 2015, 11:03:50 PM
http://www.joe.ie/sport/sky-sports-commentator-says-james-mcclean-is-from-londonderry-twitter-gets-angry/507643

Was checking The Guardian live match feed last night and even they pointed out how odd that Alan Parry refer to him as the 'NorthernIreland man from Londonderry....

HiMucker

Quote from: lynchbhoy on August 03, 2015, 02:16:44 PM

It is prob not as bad as the 'bad old days' but it's not right and intentionally harassing non Political people is not going on elsewhere as far as I've heard! Plus that kind of mentality and heavy handed policing belongs in the bad old days.
You might know a bit about that belfast cesspit but it's obv you are not up to speed and know sfa and even less than I do about modern day Derry city and such happenings in surrounding suburbs
LB Im from and live in Derry City.  Your talking balls.   

Esmarelda

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 10, 2015, 11:53:00 PM
World still turning
Indeed I don't think there's been an event that has changed that, and certainly not one originating from the GAA board.

Should we down keyboards?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Esmarelda on August 11, 2015, 09:22:48 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 10, 2015, 11:53:00 PM
World still turning
Indeed I don't think there's been an event that has changed that, and certainly not one originating from the GAA board.

Should we down keyboards?

Yes

magpie seanie

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on August 11, 2015, 08:59:48 AM
http://www.joe.ie/sport/sky-sports-commentator-says-james-mcclean-is-from-londonderry-twitter-gets-angry/507643

Was checking The Guardian live match feed last night and even they pointed out how odd that Alan Parry refer to him as the 'NorthernIreland man from Londonderry....

I don't think it was odd - it was very pointed though. Lads have been sacked for less by this same company. Pretty poor from the commentator is you ask me.

AZOffaly

Quote from: magpie seanie on August 11, 2015, 09:45:08 AM

I don't think it was odd - it was very pointed though. Lads have been sacked for less by this same company. Pretty poor from the commentator is you ask me.

Agreed. Why would he bother? It was so specific and pointed that it was obviously intentional. And he'd know McLean played for the RoI, so it was a political statement in my view. Probably annoyed at McLean's actions re poppies and GSTQ.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: magpie seanie on August 11, 2015, 09:45:08 AM

Yeah but Sky cant really charge him can they?? Technically he did'nt state anything wrong.....the bollix!

laoislad

McClean should be more concerned about getting hauled off at half time on his debut than anything a commentator says.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

AZOffaly

Quote from: laoislad on August 11, 2015, 10:16:39 AM
McClean should be more concerned about getting hauled off at half time on his debut than anything a commentator says.

True too. And looking like he wouldn't get a kick in a horsebox.

AZOffaly

Am I imagining it, or did Roy Keane once avoid shaking Prince Charles' hand when collecting the FA Cup off him? I thought I read that before, but maybe I'm raving.