James McClean

Started by thewobbler, July 19, 2015, 12:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on July 25, 2015, 10:19:27 PM
The man is there to play soccer. The club pays him money to play soccer. They don't pay him to remember young fellas who were sent out to be slaughtered in the fields of Flanders. They don't pay him to respect the queen.

The complete nonsense of playing national anthems, wearing poppies, black armbands, minutes silences, minutes applauses needs to be scrapped at all sporting events.

People pay their money to watch soccer, rugby, hurling or whatever chosen sport, not for a glorification of national sovereignty or emotional solidarity.

I've already agreed to that from the start
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

T Fearon

Last time GSTQ was played at a WBA game was the 1968 FA Cup Final when Jeff Astle netted the winner against Everton.

McClean would do well to observe protocol and concentrate on football.

On a more sickening note I read an interview with Sir Terence Wogan in the Daily Mail today.Apparently he lives close to Windsor Castle and frequently drops in for lunch with Her Majesty and says he practiced the "N Ireland" accent with her ahead of her last visit to the six counties so that she could understand conversations.Totally nauseating

SHEEDY

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 25, 2015, 11:01:36 PM
Quote from: SHEEDY on July 25, 2015, 09:55:25 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 25, 2015, 05:21:31 PM
Quote from: ludermor on July 25, 2015, 05:04:59 PM
Quote from: SHEEDY on July 25, 2015, 04:17:02 PM
Quote from: An Watcher on July 25, 2015, 10:41:20 AM
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/brian-reade-column-james-mcclean-6117991
couldnt have summed it up any better. all the mcclean knockers on here should be ashamed of themselves and theres plenty of our fellow posters who couldnt wait to come on and join with the DUP and the tory press in condeming him.
Would you have the same view if some Ulster rugby players turned their back when Amhrán Na bhFiann is played

Would be uproar ffs... But on columnist might say... Fair f**ks to the Ulster lad as he grew up..... No wait
strange comparison lads, what If a palestinian footballer refused to recognise the Israeli anthem would he be castigated as well?

What would the chances be of the palestinian playing for an israeli team?
what if the aforementioned Palestinian player was a left sided midfielder playing for wba in a pre season friendly against an Israeli team and they decided to play the anthems of the countries those teams came from? What if?
nil satis nisi optimum

Rossfan

Quote from: T Fearon on July 25, 2015, 11:32:18 PM
Last time GSTQ was played at a WBA game was the 1968 FA Cup Final when Jeff Astle netted the winner against Everton.

On a more sickening note I read an interview with Sir Terence Wogan in the Daily Mail today.Apparently he lives close to Windsor Castle and frequently drops in for lunch with Her Majesty and says he practiced the "N Ireland" accent with her ahead of her last visit to the six counties so that she could understand conversations.Totally nauseating
Why would a good Nationalist/Republican Irishman like yourself be reading Daily Mail or a story in it about the likes of Wogan.?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

T Fearon

Because it was free in a coffee shop! ;D

Nigel White

Quote from: T Fearon on July 25, 2015, 11:32:18 PM
Last time GSTQ was played at a WBA game was the 1968 FA Cup Final when Jeff Estel netted the winner against Everton.

I think Terry Wogan is a great guy and good luck to him if he's able to drop in to lunch with Her Majesty.  To be fair theres lots of things other than that that would nauseate me.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: SHEEDY on July 25, 2015, 11:40:23 PM
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/brian-reade-column-james-mcclean-6117991
couldnt have summed it up any better. all the mcclean knockers on here should be ashamed of themselves and theres plenty of our fellow posters who couldnt wait to come on and join with the DUP and the tory press in condeming him.
Would you have the same view if some Ulster rugby players turned their back when Amhrán Na bhFiann is played

Would be uproar ffs... But on columnist might say... Fair f**ks to the Ulster lad as he grew up..... No wait
strange comparison lads, what If a palestinian footballer refused to recognise the Israeli anthem would he be castigated as well?

what if the aforementioned Palestinian player was a left sided midfielder playing for wba in a pre season friendly against an Israeli team and they decided to play the anthems of the countries those teams came from? What if?

So now I know you are a nob, completely avoided the question with another question while not answering the question because of one columnists view,  you think you're right! Seriously?? Get back to primary school
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

theticklemister

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 25, 2015, 05:16:42 PM
Quote from: SHEEDY on July 25, 2015, 04:37:25 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 25, 2015, 04:30:04 PM

So one paper has one columnist who's view is same as yours and he's right? Nob
so your view is the same as the sun, the telegraph and the dup etc and you call me the nob. croppies lie down and know your place.

I've put my view up, I thought he was silly and an attention seeker, I've lived in the thick of it for many years right through the troubles, I doubt very much this lad ever seen a fecking pee shooter during his time of troubles.

What the feck does it matter if he has seen a gun or not?

To have Republican views does not make you a militant.

muppet

Shouldn't he look away from the Free State flag also when the Free State Anthem is played? Especially since the removal of articles 2 & 3 in the GFA?

Or can you be pro-partition while holding strong Republican views?

Answers please, in football speak *, on a tattoo, on a wags arse, to the nearest Red Top.

* (e.g. well obviously, at the end of the day, we've got these views and he's entitled to go for the ball there...etc)
MWWSI 2017

omaghjoe

Quote from: muppet on July 26, 2015, 06:48:51 AM
Shouldn't he look away from the Free State flag also when the Free State Anthem is played? Especially since the removal of articles 2 & 3 in the GFA?

Answers please, in football speak *, on a tattoo, on a wags arse, to the nearest Red Top.

* (e.g. well obviously, at the end of the day, we've got these views and he's entitled to go for the ball there...etc)

Huh? Articles 2 & 3 weren't removed in the GFA.

muppet

Quote from: omaghjoe on July 26, 2015, 07:20:30 AM

It was a condition of the GFA that a referendum to have them be removed be put to the people: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Articles_2_and_3_of_the_Constitution_of_Ireland
MWWSI 2017

SHEEDY

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 26, 2015, 12:02:55 AM

So now I know you are a nob, completely avoided the question with another question while not answering the question because of one columnists view,  you think you're right! Seriously?? Get back to primary school
you have a view, i have a different view. i believe my view is right but there you go. your on this board long enough to know that once you have to resort to name calling or insults your starting to lose any argument but maybe you think it makes you sound big and clever. 
nil satis nisi optimum

Milltown Row2

Quote from: SHEEDY on July 26, 2015, 10:03:45 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 26, 2015, 12:02:55 AM

you have a view, i have a different view. i believe my view is right but there you go. your on this board long enough to know that once you have to resort to name calling or insults your starting to lose any argument but maybe you think it makes you sound big and clever.

Fair enough but answer my question and well we agree to disagree eh?

Main Street

Quote from: muppet on July 26, 2015, 07:24:48 AM

It was a condition of the GFA that a referendum to have them be removed be put to the people: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Articles_2_and_3_of_the_Constitution_of_Ireland
Therefore it was the referendum result that did it,  not the GFA's commitment to hold a referendum.
Muppet, for a guy with pretence to superiority, looking down on McClean, you happen to  jump in with both feet and write some dumb nonsense yourself  ;D
You even make omaghjoe look smart  and that's some feat.

muppet

Quote from: Main Street on July 26, 2015, 08:52:40 PM
Quote from: muppet on July 26, 2015, 07:24:48 AM

Therefore it was the referendum result that did it,  not the GFA's commitment to hold a referendum.
Muppet, for a guy with pretence to superiority, looking down on McClean, you happen to  jump in with both feet and write some dumb nonsense yourself  ;D
You even make omaghjoe look smart  and that's some feat.

Oh ffs children! No GFA and we would still have articles 2 & 3. That was the quid pro quo. The 94.4% majority shows the referendum was merely a formality. So much for jumping in with nonsense.

And you accuse others of a 'pretence to superiority'.  ;D
MWWSI 2017