Laois Football Divisional Competition 2019/2020

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, September 13, 2019, 01:16:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

les Antiques

Didn't think Corbet offers much from general play.  Excellent free taker however .

The Monument Road

Quote from: les Antiques on October 20, 2019, 11:25:04 AM
I'm pretty sure he didn't.  Wasn't he contracted to Cork city ? Enjoyed a decent spell with Waterford Utd and then moved to Cork city . Talented chap . Gary has retired from soccer and is transferred to a Gaa club in Cork.

BallyroanAbu

He was Stradbally's best player year they won County Final.

Butch Cassidy

Is he available to play next year or still playing LOI?

Silkyskillssunshinee

Quote from: Butch Cassidy on October 20, 2019, 09:06:15 PM

I cant imagine why he was at it if he didn't have an interest in playing for Laois.

The Monument Road

Quote from: Butch Cassidy on October 20, 2019, 09:06:15 PM
Packed in the soccer and is playing GAA in Cork

Unlaoised

I enjoyed the games and thought they were a good standard .

The big Moore chap from Ballyfin can kick .

Comerford was excellent from stradbally
LAOIS ABÚ

SCFC

Decent enough games tonight in Vicarstown.
Brian Daly looked very good. Also liked Martin Doyle and O'Halloran as full backs and wing back Connelly of Ballyfin.

O moore parklife

West and North had a serious bite.
Crettyard were always gonna pull the fixture but the rain stopped. I think nigel and his brother Murphy were Tremendous. Will be a great last week and for a great cause

les Antiques

Disappointing to see the South failed to field a legitimate team and having to rely on selectors . Laois needs everyone that is capable and interested involved.  It seldom happens.

Pablo Escobar

Quote from: les Antiques on November 02, 2019, 11:22:24 PM
Disappointing to see the South failed to field a legitimate team and having to rely on selectors . Laois needs everyone that is capable and interested involved.  It seldom happens.

Disappointing from the organisers of the South team that they couldn't organise other players from that region to come in and field a legitimate team . You'd have to question why the South failed so miserably compared to the others, The West being the prime example which really seemed to be well organised.

town1980

Well I'm sure they rang players but a lack of interest there,, looking at the squads John has tried and tested a lot of them and most he thought weren't up to it so it will be interesting to see if quirks can get something else out of them

Neutralobserver

quirk will get nothing out of that divisional set up, any one that has impressed in it also impressed with their club in the championship and again i have to question the taught behind it after a long season and with leinster and u 20 running.

Laoiseabu

Quote from: Neutralobserver on November 04, 2019, 08:50:01 AM
quirk will get nothing out of that divisional set up, any one that has impressed in it also impressed with their club in the championship and again i have to question the taught behind it after a long season and with leinster and u 20 running.
Exactly . Looking back at the tournament now I'd be very worried about the lack of interest shown by some lads towards it , the best example being the south . What has Quirke gained from these last few weeks do you think ?

SCFC

Possibly needs a revamp. Two semi finals, a final and 3rd/4th place play off might mean dead rubbers being avoided.
It's a competition with potential but needs buy in from all clubs not just some. Running it without under 20 players is also something that should be considered. There was a case this weekend of a lad playing colleges Friday, divisional Saturday and under 20 Sunday. Burn out in October🤔