You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrones own

Quote from: cavanmaniac on September 28, 2007, 11:52:04 PM
I can't be bothered reading through 41-odd pages so if it's been said, then I apologise, but ignorant f**king pricks in cinemas who:

Talk to their mates
Chatter on phones
sit on the end seats of the row with all the middle ones empty and then mutter and grumble when a legion of people have to disturb them to get past
and finally, worst of all, kick the back of my f**king chair all throughout the film...

...would want to all be dragged outside and beaten repeatedly with lump hammers.

I feel very strongly about thi

Their heads are so far up their own holes that they are totally oblivious to the fact that
there are actually other people in the f**king place.
I have gotten up on two occasions and accidentally spilt my gallon of coke down the back of the neck
of said individuals, works a treat ;D
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Gabriel_Hurl

People that sit on the outside seat on the bus train - and look at you with two heads if you ask them to get up so you can get in the free inside seat

Hardy

Billy, you forgot the sweet-wrapper rustlers.

Where did the custom of having to gorge yourself with junk when watching a film come from anyway?

I always sit in the outside seat, btw. I like the sideways-legroom option and the ability to come and go without climbing over people and until now I naively assumed if I got there first it was reasonable to choose my preferred seat - that is if you don't mind too much! But I don't grumble at letting people in and out, though I think I might start if they all so obviously resent so much the fact that I came early and got a good seat!

Louth Exile

Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 28, 2007, 08:55:43 PM
Quote from: Louth Exile on September 28, 2007, 05:34:26 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 27, 2007, 05:52:40 PM
Quote from: Square Ball on September 27, 2007, 01:40:31 PM
Was out shopping this morning, the fat lazy bestards who park in the Disabled spaces or the spaces reserved for mothers and toddlers. Out of the disabled ones, there are four, only one displayed a sticker, one had a guy reading the paper and his partner arrived when we were there, he helped out with the groceries, nothing wrong with either of them. A people carrier arrived and parked in one of the spaces, jesus it was like the ugly millie sisters on tour, two had jamie bottems on and and looked like over weight umpa lumpas, and the ma, she was worse, like a rollie polly, f all wrong with them, except lazyness I bet..... >:(
I park in mother toddler spaces all the time, I don't understand why they should get special treatment.

You're a F**king Ass POG. The parent and toddler spaces are wider, so as the parent who has to go doing the shopping with the kids while the other parent is at work doesn't have to beat the shit of the door of the car next to them just so as they have enough space to get their kid into a child seat.

I'm a "f**king ass" because I don't understand why parents and toddlers are given special treatment?
If the spaces are there to allow for more space why not have them at the back of the car park?  Then we can could use the spaces around the doors for disabled people.  In mother toddler spaces I see there's only about two, what use is this?  They're assigned by the shop so they can claim to be a family store or some nonsense. 
I bet not one of you know why there are mother toddler spaces at the doors! 
btw, if I know I've to come out of the shop with a big box, can I park in some "man with big box" space so I've more room?

Now I'm trying to work out if you are trying to wind me up, or if you really are that ignorant.
1. They are parent and cild spaces and not Mother and Toddler (men need them more as woman are vastly more capable of coping with the kids)
2. Is it kids, women or families in general that you don't like?
3. The spaces are their to make it a bit easier when you have to handle a trolley, a toddler and myabe a hanfull of other kids. Just to explain this to you, this is not the easiest task in the world in a busy shoping centre
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

ONeill

QuoteI bet not one of you know why there are mother toddler spaces at the doors! 

Long time since I've called anyone names, but you're a complete and utter w**ker pog. Vile human in more ways than one. If you cannot understand the dangers in parents and toddlers, maybe a single mum with 2 or 3, getting out of a car in the middle of a car park full of motors edging in and out, then you're the lowest of the low. (though your attitude to most thing have already confirmed that)

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

pintsofguinness

Quote1. They are parent and cild spaces and not Mother and Toddler (men need them more as woman are vastly more capable of coping with the kids)
ok

Quote2. Is it kids, women or families in general that you don't like?
:o
Because I don't agree with mother toddler spaces (at the doors)  it's clearly all three  ::)

3. The spaces are their to make it a bit easier when you have to handle a trolley, a toddler and myabe a hanfull of other kids. Just to explain this to you, this is not the easiest task in the world in a busy shoping centre
If you want wider spaces to allow for the baby seats than why not have these spaces at the back of the car park?  The back of the car park would not be as busy and would actually help a parent sorting out two or three children before heading to the shop. 
If someone can give me a good reason why they are at the shop doors (using spaces that should be disabled spaces) I'll stop parking in them!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

pintsofguinness

QuoteLong time since I've called anyone names, but you're a complete and utter w**ker pog.
That's funny, I have the same opinion of you.

QuoteVile human in more ways than one. If you cannot understand the dangers in parents and toddlers, maybe a single mum with 2 or 3, getting out of a car in the middle of a car park full of motors edging in and out, then you're the lowest of the low. (though your attitude to most thing have already confirmed that)
I find it odd that I'm all that because of this discussion yet you've nothing but understanding for two parents who leave three children under 3 in an unlocked apartment and go on the drink, nevermind about that though - why do you need the spaces at the door?  Would it not be easier to sort out children in a less busy area of the car park? 

ONeill

Jesus it gets worse. pog wants parents to negotiate children, maybe some walking, maybe some in a pram, through a busy car park. Too dense to be true

ONeill

Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 29, 2007, 11:43:29 AM

QuoteVile human in more ways than one. If you cannot understand the dangers in parents and toddlers, maybe a single mum with 2 or 3, getting out of a car in the middle of a car park full of motors edging in and out, then you're the lowest of the low. (though your attitude to most thing have already confirmed that)
I find it odd that I'm all that because of this discussion yet you've nothing but understanding for two parents who leave three children under 3 in an unlocked apartment and go on the drink, nevermind about that though - why do you need the spaces at the door?  Would it not be easier to sort out children in a less busy area of the car park? 

This just sums it up. Because I highlight those who deal in tabloid rumours regarding the McCanns, I now have nothing but understanding for them. You either cannot read or you despise those who refuse to play along with lies/rumours and castigate the McCanns. You'll see the good in someone some day my friend, but it's probably too late.

pintsofguinness

QuoteJesus it gets worse. pog wants parents to negotiate children, maybe some walking, maybe some in a pram, through a busy car park. Too dense to be true
What's the problem there?  Surely in a busy carpark you've little or no chance of getting the either of the two mother toddler spaces at the front doors so you've to contend with normal narrow spaces, sorting the kids out in a busy end of the car park and then walking through it. 

hoopsaaa

Discussion Board - is a web application for holding discussions. Not for cutting the life outa each other.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: hoopsaaa on September 29, 2007, 01:40:02 PM
Discussion Board - is a web application for holding discussions. Not for cutting the life outa each other.
:)
I mean no one any harm.

Hardy

Mods - I propose one-day sin-bins for the both of them. (This is a reversal of my policy on Teddy McCarthy and Lester Piggott. Nobody is above the law).

It was O'Neill who went in with the elbow up, but we all know retaliation gets equal punishment.

Alternatively, they should do a public kiss and make up right here in front of everybody.

ziggysego

Quote from: Hardy on September 29, 2007, 01:45:48 PM
Alternatively, they should do a public kiss and make up right here in front of everybody.

Well we now know what rocks your boat  :D
Testing Accessibility

Hardy

That's enough of that now, or I'll be calling for the yellow card for you too.  :)