Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrendanAntrim

Well I assume you say 'All Antrim schools now out of the McLarnon Cup. Can't be a good thing' on the basis that Antrim players aren't playing in latter stages?

I'm pointing out that there are Antrim players who will be playing for Knock in the final, and that is a good thing for Antrim.

Just an observation.

Duine Inteacht Eile

To be fair, perhaps I was being facetious in reference to the "good thing for Antrim" comments made previously.
Seeing as you have made it again, can I ask what that sentiment is based on?
It's just I don't think I've ever seen a link between Antrim teams doing well in this and football improving in Antrim.
Maybe I'm wrong but Antrim teams won (not just did well, but actually buckin won) this competition in 2006, 2008 and 2011 and for the life of me I can't see how it had any positive impact on the standard, quality or fortunes of football in our county.
It is of course nice to see schools from Antrim have success in colleges football but its place in the bigger picture is negligible, it seems.

BrendanAntrim

I think it's good thing for Antrim players to be playing at a reasonably high level of schools football. Better that than them all to lose and exit competitions early

That's about it.

BrendanAntrim

Hopefully we will get radio coverage for today's game. Limerick FM usually has commentary for their home games.

bannside

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bannside

Nearly there great result Saffs.

inabsentia

7 point win away, you'd take that.

imtommygunn

Great start to the league. As well as anything else it means you don't start off on the back foot. Win another couple and anything possible.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 28, 2024, 02:38:43 PMGreat start to the league. As well as anything else it means you don't start off on the back foot. Win another couple and anything possible.

Considering players missing or injured and not available for various reasons that's a pretty decent result for the second best team in Antrim
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BrendanAntrim

I admit I'm a little bit surprised- pleasantly so - at that result. 2.14 is a big score to run up too and without the player who is our biggest goal threat. Augurs well for the campaign ahead. If we beat Offaly, who lost today, we are in great shape for a promotion tilt rather than a relegation fight. Well done Andy and squad.

ck

Good result today. Limerick are relegation favs but still its a good showing away from home with a convincing win. Well done all. Much toucher games ahead though.

barnish oggie

Quote from: BrendanAntrim on January 28, 2024, 05:45:33 PMI admit I'm a little bit surprised- pleasantly so - at that result. 2.14 is a big score to run up too and without the player who is our biggest goal threat. Augurs well for the campaign ahead. If we beat Offaly, who lost today, we are in great shape for a promotion tilt rather than a relegation fight. Well done Andy and squad.

Is there any news on those 2 who pulled out through injury?

Didn't hear what the injuries were.

imtommygunn

Are Adam Loughran and Conchuir Johnston on the panel this year? Awful lot of injuries as Quinn was looking good too and then I guess you have the likes of Healy too.

I saw some highlights of Offaly Westmeath and Offaly looked sharp enough. Be a good result to beat them.

bannside

Pretty sure both are ITG, two gooduns too... both top grade imo.

Good to see Niall Burns get a debut yesterday, another good player who definitely deserves his chance.

Dommo in some form, stepping up under a manager who gives him confidence to do his stuff.