Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

Fair point. Think he had three men breaking with him and he managed to go straight to a Cavan man with the hand pass.

Thebigdog

One of my favourite Tyrone players of the noughties Enda McGinley. Thankfully after so much faith in what Harte has been doing in Tyrone the penny has finally dropped with him also. Think I'd rather tune into the world cup tomorrow. As for Tyrone the iceberg is straight ahead but the question is when will it hit.

RedHand88

Quote from: Thebigdog on July 07, 2018, 12:39:00 AM
One of my favourite Tyrone players of the noughties Enda McGinley. Thankfully after so much faith in what Harte has been doing in Tyrone the penny has finally dropped with him also. Think I'd rather tune into the world cup tomorrow. As for Tyrone the iceberg is straight ahead but the question is when will it hit.

Still winning all Ireland's at youth level. Any iceberg is a fair bit away yet.

Thebigdog

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 07, 2018, 11:21:13 AM

Still winning all Ireland's at youth level. Any iceberg is a fair bit away yet.
Who mentioned youth level? Everything below the seniors is in good nick.

God14

Big dog, 2 Ulster's in last 3 years. 3 AI semi finals in the last 6 years. When will it dawn on you that whilst we are a damn good side, we simply don't have the calibre of players to go further. Accept that, and enjoy life. The petty agenda against management must consume you.

Dire Ear

What if someone suggested that the players were there ,  but the best wasn't being brought out of them ? !

Aaron Boone

To get to Super 8's today would be a fine achievement. 4 games away from home in this heat, injured corner forwards, little rest.

Unfortunate with the draw for this round though, no big surprise if Cork win.

BennyHarp

3-20 isn't bad for for a defensive team. Has anyone seen that iceberg??
That was never a square ball!!

longballin

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 07, 2018, 06:35:00 PM

It's right ahead. Tyrone played well but worst Cork team in living memory

BennyHarp

Quote from: longballin on July 07, 2018, 06:38:14 PM

Maybe but it didn't stop people calling Kerry the next big thing after a similar hammering.

longballin

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 07, 2018, 06:39:44 PM

Maybe but it didn't stop people calling Kerry the next big thing after a similar hammering.
they've been calling Kerry the next big thing for last few years with their minors winning 4-in-a-row All Irelands not for hammering that Cork team. Next few weeks will tell. Shocking to see Cork so poor whether against Tyrone or Kerry.

redzone

Must kill you to say anything good about Tyrone longball. Why do you hate us so much

longballin

Quote from: redzone on July 07, 2018, 06:59:12 PM
Must kill you to say anything good about Tyrone longball. Why do you hate us so much

if you read back four posts you'll see I wrote that Tyrone played well... but doesn't suit youre agenda to acknowledge that  ::)

BennyHarp

Quote from: longballin on July 07, 2018, 06:45:44 PM

they've been calling Kerry the next big thing for last few years with their minors winning 4-in-a-row All Irelands not for hammering that Cork team. Next few weeks will tell. Shocking to see Cork so poor whether against Tyrone or Kerry.

Exactly and Tyrone did what the free flowing Kerry forward line did to them even though they have 4 years worth of All Ireland minor talent at their disposal. (Note: Cork were chronic though)

longballin

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 07, 2018, 07:49:38 PM
Quote from: longballin on July 07, 2018, 06:45:44 PM

Exactly and Tyrone did what the free flowing Kerry forward line did to them even though they have 4 years worth of All Ireland minor talent at their disposal. (Note: Cork were chronic though)

Bit of a stalemate this: results said more about Cork that Tyrone or Kerry. Most teams would hammer them.