NFL Fantasy Football - GAABoard Superbowl 2023

Started by AZOffaly, June 03, 2010, 09:49:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Question

Yes
No

DrinkingHarp

I have 50+ points more than the 1st place team but have the most points scored against me in my division leaving me at 1-3.
Waiting for the bye weeks now to shoot ahead here the next month or so.
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Capt Pat

The advantage is you get a good waiver pick every week even though you have the best team already. Soon your team will be unbeatable.

AZOffaly

The Superbowl Championship - Montana Conference

Vince Lombardi Division
2.    Faithful Turfmen B    4-0-0    
5.    Coolera Bears    3-1-0    
7.    mayo warriors    1-3-0    
8.    Shower of Tramps    0-4-0    
9.    Ballyhaise Bills    0-4-0    

George Halas Division
1.    Smackdown Clowns    4-0-0    
3.    Galway Bay Tribesmen    3-1-0    
4.    L'Esprit de Biff    3-1-0    
6.    New York Jets V    2-2-0    
10.    hegan's helmets    0-4-0    

Walter Payton 'B' Championship

John Madden Division
1.    Craigyhill Terrors    4-0-0    
4.    Revis and Butthead    3-1-0    
6.    Faithful Turfmen    2-2-0    
7.    Crossmaglen Hitmen    1-3-0    
9.    Rehab is 4 Quitters    1-3-0    

George Allen Division
2.    Ruthless Rossies    3-1-0    
3.    Red Hand Helmets    3-1-0    
5.    Royal Badgers (Claw)    2-2-0    
8.    CAPT PATs VIKINGS    1-3-0    
10.    O'Neill's Chargers    0-4-0    

Jerry Rice 'C' Championship

Bill Belichick Division
2.    puppet master    3-1-0    
6.    The Curragh Rams    2-2-0    
8.    Faithful Turfmen 'C'    1-3-0    
9.    Superdubs    1-3-0    
10.    The Uibh Fhailians    0-4-0    

Andy Reid Division
1.    Oraisteach's Browns    4-0-0    
3.    Savage bears    3-1-0    
4.    North Antrim Nuggets    3-1-0    
5.    Derry No Clues    2-2-0    
7.    Big Apple Orchards    1-3-0    

Things take a wrinkle here now as we head into the bye week portion of the season. It becomes less about picking matchups and more about skillful use of the waiver wire as well as availability and backups in your roster. This is where the draft gets tested :D

If the season ended today, the Playoffs in the Superbowl would see the top ranked Smackdown Clowns face off against the #4 L'Esprit de Biff while the #2 Faithful Turfmen 'B' would be facing the GalwayBay Tribesmen in a repeat of last weekends tussle. The Helmets, Bills, Tramps and Warriors would be facing the drop.

In the 'B' division, the promoted teams and playoff hopefuls would be Craigyhill Terrors, Ruthless Rossies, Red Hand Helmets and Revis and Butthead, while O'Neill's Chargers, Rehab is 4 Quitters, Captain Pat's Vikings and the Crossmaglen Hitmen would be plying their trade in 'C' next year.

The Jerry Rice Championship would be between the Oraisteach's Browns, puppet master, Savage Bears and North Antrim Nuggets, and these 4 would be looking at promotion to the 'B' division.

declan85

Something i noticed in the scoring that i think should be changed for next year, its very minor though. A blocked kick is only worth 2 points to the player that blocked it, think this should be 4 points, the same as a forced fumble as the result of both is a loose ball...
As i said its very minor but it could cost someone in a close matchup...

AZOffaly

Good point Declan. I think the reason is that this was always a 'team' stat rather than an individual one, and so when they added it I must have missed it. I would normally give more points for a named person making those plays rather than the 'team'.

Of course I could have missed it from Day 1 (7 years ago) but I'm not sure it was there then.

magpie seanie

Ballyhaise Bills fairly made up for me taking guys ahead of him in the draft with this weeks waiver wire. Totally screwed me over.

I've some decent RB cover on my bench especially Michael Bush who will be a top 6 RB when Run DMC gets injured but I need help at WR/TE. Anyone got any proposal for me?

the Deel Rover

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 17, 2011, 01:08:40 PM
I have made one small change on all leagues as well. I've added a Roster Spot for IR. (Injury Reserve). Basically if on of your players is on IR, or goes on IR, you can put him in here so you don't take up a roster spot, but you don't have to get rid of him.

Generally speaking IR means you're gone anyway, but occasionally lads come off IR after the season starts.

i can't find this roster spot at all  :-[
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

AZOffaly

It's actually pointless for our leagues anyway because it's not a keeper league, as I realised belatedly. What you can do is select the guy you want to move, and you'll see a new blank spot open up.

magpie seanie

Fcuk Jahvid Best anyway. He'll probably sprain a nail next week and be out for the season but when he is playing the real and my Bears he breaks off an 88 yard TD run. Hate that. GGrrrrrrrrrrr.

AZOffaly

I won the local derby this week, but with a fairly poor return. It's noticeable the scores dropping off with the bye weeks.

magpie seanie

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 11, 2011, 09:50:36 AM
I won the local derby this week, but with a fairly poor return. It's noticeable the scores dropping off with the bye weeks.

Wait til week 7. I'll be lucky to fill out my roster!

declan85

Does anybody give a read to the Fantasy message boards on the Yahoo fantasy football homepage? I read one yesterday evening where in a ten team league over half of the league voted to change the scoring settings, so after drafting & playing 5 weeks the commissioner changed all the settings. Some guy went from 4-1 to 1-4. The commissioner went from 1-4 to 5-0...
They had all paid $30 each into the league...
Good thing our commish is the bees knees :D :D

ceiphas50

Was offered Hillis in a trade if its one thing my team doesn't need right now its the madden curse

1. (6) Andre Johnson WR ........gets injured looks serious & i trade him for julio jones who i hope will carry me to a few wins n the meantime & not be too much of a drop off from andre when he comes back.....jones scores 3 points &  gets johnsons injury!
2. (15) Maurice Jones-Drew RB...ok
3. (26) Miles Austin WR....  starts out slow has one good game n injured since
4. (35) Dwayne Bowe WR....getting good
5. (46) Peyton Manning QB .......going to miss 3 games day of draft,day after draft probably out for the season
6. (55) Vernon Davis TE ....only catches TDS(not a complaint)
7. (66) Knowshon Moreno RB .....soon to be waiver wire fodder,loses starting place & now tewbow is the goal line rb
8. (75) Beanie Wells RB ...ok
9. (86) Reggie Bush RB,,,reggie 1 good score against the pats cos of garbage time when he was on my bench.dropped                           
10.(95) Lee Evans,....1 catch in three games & injured since
11. (106) Zach Miller TE........who???
12. (115) Steve Smith WR .....good
13. (126) Jay Cutler QB ....started him instead of cam first 3 games >:( dropped
14. (135) Plaxico Burress WR ....jets passing offense is  :'(
15. (146) Chicago DEF ...dropped
16. (155) Devin McCourty CB....ok
17. (166) Julius Peppers DE ...ok
18. (175) LaRon Landry S ..dropped
19. (186) Sebastian Janikowski K ....what a pick ;D
Superbowl V Winner/Champion of the World

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: declan85 on October 13, 2011, 03:53:18 PM
Does anybody give a read to the Fantasy message boards on the Yahoo fantasy football homepage? I read one yesterday evening where in a ten team league over half of the league voted to change the scoring settings, so after drafting & playing 5 weeks the commissioner changed all the settings. Some guy went from 4-1 to 1-4. The commissioner went from 1-4 to 5-0...

Love to know what the feck they changed to produce swings like that.

declan85