Premier League 2023-2024

Started by Dire Ear, July 31, 2022, 12:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrdeeds

Looks like Caicedo doesn't want to go to Liverpool.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: mrdeeds on August 11, 2023, 11:51:06 AM

Why, (if true) would he prefer Chelsea? strange
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Mourne Red

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 11, 2023, 12:09:22 PM

Money, Money Money!! Money

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Mourne Red on August 11, 2023, 12:39:05 PM

Has Klopp lost his pulling power? Surely Liverpool. bar the city and extra wages, is a far better choice?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

J70

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 11, 2023, 12:46:26 PM

Has Klopp lost his pulling power? Surely Liverpool. bar the city and extra wages, is a far better choice?

It wouldn't be the first time money and London proved a bigger draw than Anfield.

yellowcard

I think you've answered your own question. These lads will ultimately go to where they can earn the most money and Boehlys pockets are ultimately deeper than Henrys. Professional soccer might be supported by the working class but its really just a playground for the very wealthy. Or with the nation states its a form of soft power. Its bizarre how fans lose the run of themselves over potential transfer deals with their English team of choice.

rodney trotter

He has been set on going to Chelsea since May when they agreed personal terms,just couldn't agree on a fee with Brighton

trailer

Quote from: rodney trotter on August 11, 2023, 01:51:12 PM

He has been set on going to Chelsea since May when they agreed personal terms,just couldn't agree on a fee with Brighton

It's embarrassing from a Liverpool standpoint. You'd have thought they'd have sounded out his representatives before launching a British transfer record bid. It's really amateur. The kind of thing Utd and that w**ker Woodward would have been at.
And now the cat is out of the bag... every deal they do will carry a Liverpool tax. This will end up costing them in the long run a huge amount of money.

johnnycool

Quote from: trailer on August 11, 2023, 02:45:48 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on August 11, 2023, 01:51:12 PM

It's embarrassing from a Liverpool standpoint. You'd have thought they'd have sounded out his representatives before launching a British transfer record bid. It's really amateur. The kind of thing Utd and that w**ker Woodward would have been at.
And now the cat is out of the bag... every deal they do will carry a Liverpool tax. This will end up costing them in the long run a huge amount of money.

Looks like Chelsea are confident of getting Caicedo now, they've stalled on Tyler Adams and him with the medical concluded!

This looks like amateur hour from Liverpool who used to be on top of this sort of stuff, not getting into bidding wars and all that, biding their time like with Virgil..

rodney trotter

It's some spending by Chelsea since January. They offloaded a few this summer,but Enzo Fernandez and Caicedo will have cost over 200m.

I've only seen him in a handful of full games, but Caicedo in my opinion is at most a 40 mill midfielder. Transfer market in football has become ridiculous.

marty34

Quote from: 03,05,08 on August 11, 2023, 03:51:23 PM
I've only seen him in a handful of full games, but Caicedo in my opinion is at most a 40 mill midfielder. Transfer market in football has become ridiculous.

Brighton have done really well if they get £100 m.  They got him for £4 m so a good bit of business.

Seems to be a well run club. Buy in cheaper, develop a player for a couple of years and shift on for big money.

£111 m is some amount for a 21 year old.

Kidder81

Quote from: marty34 on August 11, 2023, 04:02:24 PM
Quote from: 03,05,08 on August 11, 2023, 03:51:23 PM

Brighton have done really well if they get £100 m.  They got him for £4 m so a good bit of business.

Seems to be a well run club. Buy in cheaper, develop a player for a couple of years and shift on for big money.

£111 m is some amount for a 21 year old.

I would say you can only do it for so long, as Leicester & Southampton found out

Captain Scarlet

As others have said that does seem mad money for him. Like Chelsea are no barometer for anyone in terms of fees they are offering. Like Cucurella was sold for big money and Bissouma and neither were missed by Brighton, and neither are doing great at their new clubs.

As for Kane it is funny they are chatting about records. Spurs are in transition yet again as his peak years fade. He can go yo Bayern and actually compete. Also, from an England point of view he won't need to rushed back after every niggle with Bayern. Spurs flogged him as he HAD to play chasing a top 4.

Liverpool are fecked if any of Trent, Robertson or VVD get injured. I mean it'll derail their entire season. It's another area where they have not strengthened and somehow they seem overloaded up front.

From an Irish perspective I'm looking forward to O'Shea nailing down a spot in Burnley and hopefully some good runs for Collins and Ogbene. Wolves could be a shitshow but Doherty could get minutes too.

them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

jcpen

Embarrassing or not for Liverpool, surely they are better off not having him if he doesn't want to be there?
Di Maria  for example admitted a few years after he left Man United that he never wanted to play for them and he was an expensive flop there.
This is one of my 3 usernames.