Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerome

Quote from: Wolfetones on July 29, 2023, 01:55:16 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on July 28, 2023, 11:20:43 PM
Saw a video of Eglish Dromore. Dangerous stuff. Should be heavy sanctions handed out to both clubs.

That's a very odd view to take on things unless you seen a completely different video

The melee? Very dangerous. Hopefully suspensions from that one

RedHand88

Saw a video of Eglish Dromore. Dangerous stuff. Should be heavy sanctions handed out to both clubs.

That's a very odd view to take on things unless you seen a completely different video

Must have been.
Eglish 20 punching a man in the face repeatedly whilst he's held down by a teammate.
Dromore 28 throwing indiscriminate face punches near the end of the video.
No place for it.

on the sideline

Where are yous seeing the video?

ClubScene13

Ardboe are really disappointing at the minute considering how good they are underage every year. Always have players knocking around the tyrone panel and yet I don't think anyone considers them a serious threat to win the championship - why is this?

on the sideline

Dire Ear

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 29, 2023, 08:57:31 AM

Must have been.

Not that bad in my opinion,  yes a few punches but ...
Eglish 20 punching a man in the face repeatedly whilst he's held down by a teammate.
Dromore 28 throwing indiscriminate face punches near the end of the video.
No place for it.

Snapchap

What video did you see?? The one I seen (on twitter) seems fairly bad. At least three players (in particular the sc**bag in the no 28 shirt for Dromore) will be looking at lengthy bans.

Walter Cronc

20 the boy who deserves the ban there. Going by that video - he started it. To me 28 was only defending himself. Looked decent with the mits.

general_lee

Someone send a link please and thank you

Jerome

Quote from: Walter Cronc on July 30, 2023, 08:55:42 AM
20 the boy who deserves the ban there. Going by that video - he started it. To me 28 was only defending himself. Looked decent with the mits.

Defending himself? As far as I am aware he was an unused sub. Entered the field of play to form part of a melee. If CB don't sanction him his own club should. Unacceptable behaviour, not part of GAA anyone trying to justify this should think about what their life morals are.

clarshack

Quote from: Jerome on July 30, 2023, 09:34:42 AM

Defending himself? As far as I am aware he was an unused sub. Entered the field of play to form part of a melee. If CB don't sanction him his own club should. Unacceptable behaviour, not part of GAA anyone trying to justify this should think about what their life morals are.

Clubs will never sanction their own players.
People are definitely more angry/aggressive these days though and we are going to see more and more of these types of videos.

marty34

Quote from: clarshack on July 30, 2023, 10:05:51 AM

Clubs will never sanction their own players.
People are definitely more angry/aggressive these days though and we are going to see more and more of these types of videos.

Or is it just that there's more mobile phones about these days and people are all too willing to record anything that moves?

Snapchap

Defending himself? He lamped about 3 lads. Towards the end he punched a fella who was running past him ffs.

clarshack

If there's just mobile phone footage then those players will likely get away with it.
Sure wasn't there a club that played an illegal player in a game to win Div2 a couple of years ago and the reason they got away with it was because the footage of the game wasn't official?

Jerome

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on July 30, 2023, 10:01:35 AM

Alright Dramatic Donna 👍🏻

If your son was the Eglish guy running past 28 that got lamped what would your opinion be? I think you really need to have a look at yourself if you think this is acceptable, hopefully you aren't involved in coaching at any level