The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

gawa316

200 mil on a new midfield in one window...that will fairly shut a few boys up

jcpen

This is one of my 3 usernames.

gawa316

Quote from: jcpen on August 11, 2023, 05:38:11 AM
They could have got Bellingham for that money?

His wages are maybe 200k (im guessing) more a week than Caicedo, that's  10 million or so a year.

jcpen

Quote from: gawa316 on August 11, 2023, 05:44:41 AM
Quote from: jcpen on August 11, 2023, 05:38:11 AM
They could have got Bellingham for that money?

His wages are maybe 200k (im guessing) more a week than Caicedo, that's  10 million or so a year.
Fair enough.
This is one of my 3 usernames.

quit yo jibbajabba

30mill for judes agent/dad too somewhere I read.

Huge statement. Still a few heads short but for a day or two we can't complain 😃

Milltown Row2

I'd say that signing will put the cat among the pigeons.

Should fit in quickly enough.... Henderson who?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Walter Cronc

Squad still seems a bit unbalanced. Need defenders

supersub

Good business. Needed a midfielder, badly, got a midfielder. Had to spend the money to get him but so be it. At least they got their balls out. Still need another one and a defender imo though.

Joeythelips

Genuine title contenders for me now. Its like when there defence was the issue, the go and get VVD & Alison, problem solved. I know their defence was poor last season but that was mainly due to the fact it was so exposed by a poor midfield.

Milltown Row2

Brighton has turned into the new Southampton now for Liverpool.. Big blow for them in terms of losing big players, be interesting to see who they bring in.

So net spend this year  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

statto

Quote from: supersub on August 11, 2023, 08:31:55 AM
Good business. Needed a midfielder, badly, got a midfielder. Had to spend the money to get him but so be it. At least they got their balls out. Still need another one and a defender imo though.
Not sure you can say it is good business at this stage given the figure and the fact lad has played 45 premier league games.  Delighted to have got a CDM all the same. 

Strange they wouldn't budge on a few million for Laiva and then go break british transfer record. 

statto

Quote from: trailer on August 11, 2023, 09:42:34 AM
https://www.sportbible.com/football/football-news/liverpool/jurgen-klopp-liverpool-moises-caicedo-transfer-paul-pogba-393238-20230811

If I speak...

The footballing landscape has moved significantly in 7 years.  Are you foolish enough to think in another 7 years that the cost of players will not continue to rise significantly?

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/747170/Top-10-most-expensive-transfer-2016-Paul-Pogba-John-Stones-news-gossip

Dare say a 2023 version of Kante would cost you significantly more than 32 million. 

United paid way over the odds for Pogba and before ETH their business in the transfer market has been absolutely shambolic.  The funniest thing about the transfer was that Pogba was there previously and would have got " bad character" vibes from him at his first spell at club and why Ferguson ultimately let him walk away. 

Milltown Row2

Quote from: statto on August 11, 2023, 09:55:42 AM
Quote from: trailer on August 11, 2023, 09:42:34 AM
https://www.sportbible.com/football/football-news/liverpool/jurgen-klopp-liverpool-moises-caicedo-transfer-paul-pogba-393238-20230811

If I speak...

The footballing landscape has moved significantly in 7 years.  Are you foolish enough to think in another 7 years that the cost of players will not continue to rise significantly?

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/747170/Top-10-most-expensive-transfer-2016-Paul-Pogba-John-Stones-news-gossip

Dare say a 2023 version of Kante would cost you significantly more than 32 million. 

United paid way over the odds for Pogba and before ETH their business in the transfer market has been absolutely shambolic.  The funniest thing about the transfer was that Pogba was there previously and would have got " bad character" vibes from him at his first spell at club and why Ferguson ultimately let him walk away.

You do know the difference between taking the piss and being serious  ;D