China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 26, 2020, 09:16:25 PM
What current lockdown... sure it has all been relaxed for Christmas.

The previous one wasn't working. Differences of the top of my head - smaller things like click and collect not allowed, curfew in place, in all likelihood stricter policing, I have lost track of the last restrictions but no restaurants at all, no gyms, no hairdressers. There may be a different definition of what businesses are necessary to open. I can't run with people who don't live with me. Sports training in groups for non elite banned.

Well the one where we are curfew'd after 8, house bans, bubbles limited, working from home if possible, sports stopped, 1 hour exercise, and essential services only (a proper enforced list required)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Schools and universities are still on. We're allowed out of the house more than once a day. It's not quite as stringent. There are differences.  I am not sure on "elite " sports. Are they still allowed?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 26, 2020, 10:00:57 PM
Schools and universities are still on. We're allowed out of the house more than once a day. It's not quite as stringent. There are differences.  I am not sure on "elite " sports. Are they still allowed?

I'm lost on it...

I'll be in work, but the town will be a ghost town
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Cunny Funt

Weekly update for the ROI.

Cases 6622 (3241 more than last week and the highest weekly number since 7194 at the end of October)

Reported Deaths 46 (12 more than last week)

In hospital 324 (91 more than last week)
In ICU 26 (3 less than a week ago)

armaghniac

Quote from: Cunny Funt on December 27, 2020, 07:18:22 PM
Weekly update for the ROI.

Cases 6622 (3241 more than last week and the highest weekly number since 7194 at the end of October)

Reported Deaths 46 (12 more than last week)

In hospital 324 (91 more than last week)
In ICU 26 (3 less than a week ago)

Doubling in a week, we can't stick that.
Hospital numbers will double after 5 days or so more, and ICU a bit after that.
Still the timing for Xmas wasn't bad.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

FermGael

20 further deaths and 1634 new cases in the North over the last 48 hours.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

imtommygunn

BennyCake

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 28, 2020, 02:48:53 PM
Feck. That's not good.

Nope, it's not. But nobody cares anymore, so it's hardly surprising numbers are high.

Smurfy123

Big numbers
Nobody even bothering to even hide the house parties anymore
Back in April none of this was going on
Everyone has given up on the restrictions
Only way out now is the vaccine

Minder

Quote from: Smurfy123 on December 28, 2020, 03:36:59 PM
Big numbers

That's been obvious for a while, people think restrictions apply to everyone else but them
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

JoG2

Quote from: Minder on December 28, 2020, 03:58:41 PM
Quote from: Smurfy123 on December 28, 2020, 03:36:59 PM
Big numbers

That's been obvious for a while, people think restrictions apply to everyone else but them

I know, I work in the health sector. The decisions I've seen work colleagues make as regards isolating, congregating etc  in the last wee while is absolutely dumbfounding. Entitlement bursting out of them.

Smurfy123

What would have been the way out if no vaccine was available for the foreseeable future?
The way things are going is hardly sustainable
How many JOG are we anticipating that we can vaccine per week here in the north?
By the sounds of things the north have gotten off to a decent start. Although no figures since this day last week. Upto 30000 done already

imtommygunn

Proper track and trace would have been the way out but no real effort seems to have been made.

Minder

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 28, 2020, 05:17:18 PM
Proper track and trace would have been the way out but no real effort seems to have been made.

And for those that are told to isolate to actually isolate
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

imtommygunn

Individuals not sticking to rules is only a small part of the problem though. It runs way deeper. Sure Christmas shopping coming up to Christmas Day in a place like Tesco's was no different to it ever was.