Connacht Club Championships 2018

Started by Owenmoresider, September 24, 2018, 12:11:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orchard park

Were Clann not missing 3 of the 6 county final starting defenders??

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Syferus on November 11, 2018, 04:51:11 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on November 11, 2018, 04:25:17 PM
Quote from: Syferus on November 11, 2018, 04:18:20 PM
COC and DOC the next ones on the conveyor belt to get smashed by Corofin. Really they only have themselves to blame if they don't win the AI this year given the level of competition.

Crokes looked fairly handy themselves today. And Crokes (Kilmacud version) will be dangerous if they get through Leinster.

Ballintubber v Corofin will be interesting. Taking on Corofin in an open game of football is probably not the way to go so will Ballintubber go defensive and hope to nick enough scores on the break like Mountbellew almost managed the first day out.

Clann's strength was supposed to be their defence, they weren't trying to play an open game. Which doesn't bode well for Ballintubber or anyone else with probably their best forward still to add into that attack.

Game was on TG4 earlier and what Clann did in that game today can only be described as school boy defending.

Rossfan

It was like a senior side playing a poor Junior team :-\
The writing was on the wall after the first half last week when they coughed up a lot of goal chances against the London lads.
When or where will Inter Final be?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Rossfan on November 11, 2018, 05:34:22 PM
It was like a senior side playing a poor Junior team :-\
The writing was on the wall after the first half last week when they coughed up a lot of goal chances against the London lads.
When or where will Inter Final be?

Next Sunday in Tuam apparently.

From the Bunker

I expect Ballintubber to be beaten by Corofin by about 5 points!

seafoid

It looks like a procession for Corofin
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Lar Naparka

Quote from: From the Bunker on November 11, 2018, 08:12:11 PM

Tubber will be lucky if they get away with only a five-point loss! When you think of the class players Tubber have and they are still massive underdogs, Corofin look good to go the whole way this year.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

seafoid

Quote from: Lar Naparka on November 11, 2018, 09:09:39 PM

Tubber will be lucky if they get away with only a five-point loss! When you think of the class players Tubber have and they are still massive underdogs, Corofin look good to go the whole way this year.
Back to back is tough unless you are Crossmageln "f**k youse we are going to win the all Ireland" Rangers

Lar Naparka

Quote from: seafoid on November 11, 2018, 09:14:48 PM

Back to back is tough
Well, cheering for heron-chokers is never easy but I hope they go the whole way.  ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Cunny Funt

It was a 9 point win for Corofin their last meeting a few years ago if that counts for anything.

Laoiseabu

seafoid

Clann are very unlucky. They lost  4 finals in a row in the 80s when Connacht football was at a very low ebb but they inspired later footballers from the province. Corofin were the first Connachtaigh to win the All Ireland and were followed by Ballina, Crossmolina, Caltra, Salthill and St Brigids. It is pretty decent record over 20 years and would have been hard to imagine in 89.

Cunny Funt

Farrandeelin

Was in Galway today. What's Liam Mellows' catchment area? Seems big to me. Rahoon as far as where?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

galwayman

Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 12, 2018, 10:31:16 PM
Was in Galway today. What's Liam Mellows' catchment area? Seems big to me. Rahoon as far as where?
Their pitch is on the East side of town in Renmore (beside Ballyloughane beach near GMIT).
Not sure what would be considered their catchment area tbh but assume the East side around the Renmore/Mervue area is where they would get most of their players from.
Castlegar creeps into the East side of the city also (their pitch is up beside Roscam near the Galway clinic).
Rahoon have their own club on the West side of the city - they would be an intermediate club.
Saying that you are not tied to any particular club in the city - nothing stopping lads from anywhere in the city playing with Mellowes if they so wish.