Domestic Break Recommendation

Started by Croí na hÉireann, February 17, 2016, 11:33:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Croí na hÉireann

Heading to Ennis in a couple of weekends, anyone recommend kid friendy hotel/self catering with access to a pool for a couple of young ones? Close enough to walk to the town but not sleeping over the nightclub, etc.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

gerrykeegan

Croi, this is from my brother who lives in Ennis.'Basically three choices if u want a pool. The Woodstock where ye guys stayed was closed for years but has recently reopened. Not walking distance tho. Auburn lodge is so so and a long walk in. West county where we use the pool is best bet. Nothing fancy but has undergone a refurb of rooms and bar recently and its less than 15mins walk to the pubs'
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

seafoid

Croí na hÉireann

Exactly what I was looking for, thanks lads. Trust you're keeping well Gerry and that our footballers aren't giving you too much heartburn.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Dinny Breen

I think it's about time you changed that footer Gerry. Borderline libelous now 7 years later.
#newbridgeornowhere

gerrykeegan

Dinny

I still have the spreadsheet that I worked out you couldn't pip me in the competition.It will stand up in any court of law. I should have sued Maddog for introducing that bonus point. You at this stage are an unfortunate victim of what happened unless you were in cahoots with him.
It's one of the stories my two lads love listening too. As we drive through Kildare the lads ask "is this where that lad Dinny is from, and Dad why are you spitting out the window"

Croi

Enjoy Ennis its great, make sure you go to the Alwee caves, beating Meath this year was a great day out. Was in a car repair garage in Summerhill in Meath in January, me and a Dublin bus had a disagreement.  Sat in reception, spotted the Meath Yearbook, about 800 pages! One line, one f**king line "this year we lost to Westmeath for the first time in the Championship" you could't make it up.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)