3 (2.4%)
Kildare
24 (19.4%)
Down
34 (27.4%)

Total Members Voted: 124

Voting closed: March 03, 2015, 02:53:23 PM

Croí na hÉireann

Might as well start a Div 2 thread as well. Very competitive this year, most counties could be promoted or relegated and all within a short spin of each other. Well apart from Galway and Down. Kildare would be my favourites for the title but not a whole lot of daylight between them and any of the others.

Galway v Meath
Pearse Stadium

Roscommon v Cavan
Kiltoom

Westmeath v Laois
Cusack Park

Kildare v Down
Newbridge
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Donnellys Hollow

Our annual post O'Byrne Cup hangover will do for us in this I'm afraid. I'd expect two from Meath, Galway and Down to go up.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Rossfan

Our focus will be on staying up.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

GalwayBayBoy

Well we have 4 home games for the first time in a few years so hopefully that might help. Not much travel involved apart from the trip to Down. Other away games are to neighbouring Westmeath and Roscommon. Will be missing the Corofin contingent though for at the least the first couple of league games and possibly more.

Syferus

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on January 22, 2015, 05:43:37 PM
Well we have 4 home games for the first time in a few years so hopefully that might help. Not much travel involved apart from the trip to Down. Other away games are to neighbouring Westmeath and Roscommon. Will be missing the Corofin contingent though for at the least the first couple of league games and possibly more.

They call that Brigidsitis, GBB ;D

Would prefer to be playing Galway away because it would be invariably in Tuam. God, if that isn't the best away ground for Roscommon teams I don't know what is.

twohands!!!

Anyone else wish that more games televised in Division 2.

Should be a fairly competitive division and likely to be a lot of decent games but the level of television coverage compared to Division 1 is almost non-existant.

Big question is whether Westmeath will be able to stop their slide - bit odd to see the side just relegated from Division 1 to be favourite to be relegated again.

I think Kildare, Meath and Down are likely to be the teams looking for promotion - I have a notion that it might be a bit soon for Galway to be pushing to go up.

Paddy Powers Odds

NFL DIVISION 2 2015

To Lift the Trophy
Kildare 10/3
Galway 10/3
Meath 7/2
Down 11/2
Roscommon 13/2
Cavan 9/1
Laois 10/1
Westmeath 14/1

TO BE RELEGATED FROM NFL DIVISION 2

Westmeath 10/11
Laois 6/4
Cavan 9/4
Roscommon 5/2
Down 11/4
Meath 7/2
Kildare 4/1
Galway 9/2

shark

Westmeath were also favourites for the drop in 2013 and were promoted with a game spare. Not that I expect lightening to strike twice in that regard.

Captain Obvious

Galway stayed up by the skin of their teeth last year same points as Armagh. Division two must be weaker this year if Galway are joint favourites to win the division.

mylestheslasher

I dont get the hype about Meath. They are average at best and most of their fans know that. For me its Kildare or Roscommon, maybe Galway. Westmeath, Cavan, laois and Meath will be fighting to stay up.

big balla

Quote from: mylestheslasher on January 22, 2015, 06:59:33 PM
I dont get the hype about Meath. They are average at best and most of their fans know that. For me its Kildare or Roscommon, maybe Galway. Westmeath, Cavan, laois and Meath will be fighting to stay up.
+1
Roscommon will be the dark horses in DIV 2 this year I thik

Syferus

Quote from: big balla on January 22, 2015, 07:09:21 PM
+1
Roscommon will be the dark horses in DIV 2 this year I thik

Sweet Jebus now I'm worried. I'd be delighted with six points, staying up and a glorified exhibition match in the last round of the league. No one I'd fear terribly in D2 but too many teams around the same level that it's hard to see what way the sword will fall in a lot of the games.

moysider

Meath are Meath.

seafoid

Meath, Down and Galway blow  very hot and cold and whoever comes out top between the 3 could go up.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Captain Obvious

Quote from: moysider on January 22, 2015, 08:20:36 PM

Meath are Meath.
No it's not the late eighties to mid nineties when Meath were Meath.

manfromdelmonte

Westmeath since Flanagan left are only going in one direction, and that is down