Knuckle

Started by Croí na hÉireann, February 20, 2012, 12:14:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Croí na hÉireann

Was there any need for the subtitles?
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

gerrykeegan

Croi

Not for you and me, and it was home from home for Billy and Shamrock Shore! I have to say I really enjoyed it. I knew nothing about it which added to my enjoyment of it. Hard bastards the main men, funny the women running from the cameras.

2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

ballinaman

Quote from: gerrykeegan on February 20, 2012, 12:20:40 PM
Croi

Not for you and me, and it was home from home for Billy and Shamrock Shore! I have to say I really enjoyed it. I knew nothing about it which added to my enjoyment of it. Hard b**tards the main men, funny the women running from the cameras.
Some show, the video taunts were gas.  Big lad did well in the heat in the last fight in fairness to him!

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on February 20, 2012, 12:14:55 PM
Was there any need for the subtitles?

Given the low budget involved they probably only made one print of the film and as I'm sure they had to sell it internationally that probably explains the subtitles.

Up The Middle

Wouldnt have knew a word some of them boys were saying without the subtitles. Hardy hures
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

upmonaghansayswe

Learned 2 things.  Steep your hands in petrol for 20 min a day and your fists turn into blocks, and don't blow your nose after you get your head kicked in cause it swells the eyes!..  More chance of the latter being useful though!..

JUst retired

shark

A few familiar faces on show. Have to say, have always found the Joyce's in Mullingar to be 100%. Making inroads into the GAA too with Paddy Joyce on this years Westmeath U21 team.

the Deel Rover

I enjoyed watching the show as well . How the feck would they expain the 60k they had on them when going over to England to fight if they were stopped ? The younger Brother fairly bulked up in the 9 years hardy looking fcuker.
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

laoislad

Good show alright. I wondered myself why they had subtitles as I could understand every word they said!
Must be a midlands thing  :-[
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

the Deel Rover

Thought it was funny that one auld boy (the pat spillane of bare knuckle boxers)  thought the standard of Bare Knuckle Fighters weren't as good as the fighters in the past and he then went on to say that his brother lost the fight because he was not the full shilling , i was have expecting his brother to ring him up and challenge him to a fight  :D
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Bingo

The last fight, Martin or Michael V the Quinn lad that was over in London with the 120stg prize pot.

Why was it the case that his brother and a few others travelled over to Luton with him but they stayed in the hotel for the fight itself and had to get it relayed over the phone to them. Was this to defuse tensions at the fight itself and prevent any trouble.

It was gas that they, in turn, were relaying the fight back to Ireland as it was relayed to them.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Bingo on February 21, 2012, 05:17:04 PM
The last fight, Martin or Michael V the Quinn lad that was over in London with the 120stg prize pot.

Why was it the case that his brother and a few others travelled over to Luton with him but they stayed in the hotel for the fight itself and had to get it relayed over the phone to them. Was this to defuse tensions at the fight itself and prevent any trouble.

It was gas that they, in turn, were relaying the fight back to Ireland as it was relayed to them.

You got it in one. Family members aren't allowed at these arranged fights to prevent further trouble. The "referees" are all from other traveler families.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Shamrock Shore

Quoteit was home from home for Billy and Shamrock Shore

I didn't see it but if it was only bare knuckle fighting then I cannot see how it could be connected to Longford.

Now if there was slash-hooks, grapes, hedge knifes etc then I would see a Granard influence.

Premier Emperor

I hope the Revenue Commissioners watched this!