7 (15.6%)
Tyrone
6 (13.3%)
Cork
3 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Voting closed: August 30, 2019, 08:02:14 PM

Blowitupref

FT Cork 3-19 Monaghan 2-10. The win sealed with 3rd goal in injury time.

All Ireland semi final line up

Kerry V Galway
Mayo V Cork
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Cunny Funt

Four well matched sides into the semi final and could flick a coin when trying to pick All Ireland winner. I think we should get three action packed high scoring games.

Main Street

Monaghan will just have to settle for beating Tyrone twice and retaining the Ulster title.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Blowitupref on July 28, 2019, 07:25:50 PM

Kerry V Galway
Mayo V Cork

Hopefully 3rd time lucky for us against Kerry after losing the 16 and 18 AI finals against them.

From the Bunker

Quote from: MayoBuck on July 28, 2019, 04:19:00 PM
Quote from: maigheo on July 28, 2019, 01:16:13 AM
Quote from: Jayop on July 27, 2019, 11:19:19 PM
That second half today was just a fantastic advert for football. I was glued to it.

The mayo lad that flicked the ball to himself six inches from his goal line in extra time must have balls of steel. I was pissing myself laughing at the audacity.
Thought that was absolutely brilliant and have watched it a few times since  and it seemed to Paul Walsh the most natural thing in the world to do.Absoulte class

Thank God it came off, could have been a disaster otherwise!

Some going by Mayo Gaels having 2 of the most prominent players on the minor team

He took some amount of steps out with the ball .........10 at a guess!

Corkscrew

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on July 28, 2019, 07:52:25 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on July 28, 2019, 07:25:50 PM

Kerry V Galway
Mayo V Cork

Hopefully 3rd time lucky for us against Kerry after losing the 16 and 18 AI finals against them.

Hopefully not, especially if we can overcome Mayo. Love to get another crack at them for our opportunity to become third time lucky within the space of a few months. 

magpie seanie

Quote from: Rossfan on July 28, 2019, 12:08:53 AM
If the Sligo Minor Manager had a bit of strategic vision Mayowestros would have been eliminated in the group stages and his team might well have been playing today.
Can I nominate him for GAA pillock of the year?

No I think that should be reserved for people who vilify good GAA folk without having a clue what they're talking about.

Congratulations. You're a shoo in.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Hound on July 27, 2019, 11:37:51 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on July 27, 2019, 11:28:15 PM
Quote from: Hound on July 27, 2019, 09:58:56 PM
Connacht must be pumping some money into underage. Apparently it's the only reason to have a successful team!

Well done Mayo, I though we were a tad unlucky, but that's the way it goes sometimes. More disappointing because I thought we'd no chance, but then they showed great resolve, only for Mayo to fight back again. Both teams can be very proud of themselves, which is probably the best outcome possible at this level.

Disappointed for Kildare.  I think if we played them 10 times, they'd win 7-3 or thereabouts. So thought they'd take the Connacht runners up. They do have a few class players though, one in particular will be a top senior Imo.

Little between the Connacht Runners up Galway and the winners Mayo, after all it was 1 point difference after extra time in the Connacht final and in the group stage Galway beat Mayo.
Cheers. Hadn't realized that.

Connacht was really even and a good standard this year. Ourselves and Roscommon both beat Mayo. We lost to Galway by a point in Tuam.

galwayman

It was Galway and Sligo that beat Mayo.
Mayo hammered Ros.

magpie seanie

Quote from: galwayman on July 31, 2019, 07:35:26 PM
It was Galway and Sligo that beat Mayo.
Mayo hammered Ros.

Apologies, you're correct. Roscommon beat Galway

Rossfan

Quote from: magpie seanie on July 31, 2019, 06:49:50 PM
If the Sligo Minor Manager had a bit of strategic vision Mayowestros would have been eliminated in the group stages and his team might well have been playing today.

No I think that should be reserved for people who vilify good GAA folk without having a clue what they're talking about.

Doesn't matter how good a member of the " good GAA folk" he is he still fckd up in a big way.

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

blanketattack

Quote from: Rossfan on August 01, 2019, 01:48:21 PM

Doesn't matter how good a member of the " good GAA folk" he is he still fckd up in a big way.

Kerry could have eliminated Cork if they wanted to by losing to Clare which would have ended the winning streak at 32 games.

Didn't Meath put out a weakened team last year in their final group game which they lost and caused Dublin to be eliminated?

Blowitupref

Kerry the only unbeaten side of the last 4. Galway,Mayo,Cork have all lost two championship games this summer already. 
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Hound

Quote from: blanketattack on August 01, 2019, 02:06:38 PM

Kerry could have eliminated Cork if they wanted to by losing to Clare which would have ended the winning streak at 32 games.

Didn't Meath put out a weakened team last year in their final group game which they lost and caused Dublin to be eliminated?
Yep!

But they were right to do so, because the intention was to rest players for the bigger game around the corner, and I'm sure every lad who played gave it their best shot as they were playing for places.

magpie seanie

You're talking about something you don't know everything about so I'd advise you to stop talking. It's nowhere near as straightforward as you think and I'm actually surprised at you that you don't realise this.