Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrone08

Tyrone are going to have very limited options coming off the bench now. Injuries to a few key players anf out season could be very short.

Any ideas why so many are leaving. It must be unusual for this amount to leave.

God14

Quote from: square_ball on March 08, 2022, 12:22:21 PM
Off the squad since last year is HP McGeary, Cassidy, Bradley, McCann, O'Neill plus the above 4 names of 2 x Brennan, Kelly & Quinn. McNulty obviously back on it but by the sounds of it the injury has ruled him out for the county season anyway.

Any names missing from the below?

Niall Morgan
Michael McKernan
Paudi Hampsey
Frank Burns
Niall Sludden
Jonathan Munroe
Conor Meyler
Paudi McNulty
Brian Kennedy
Conn Kilpatrick
Darragh Canavan
Nathan Donnelly
Kieran McGeary
Darren McCurry
Paul Donaghy
Darragh McAnenley
Liam Rafferty
Conor Shields
Conor McKenna
Peter Harte
Ben McDonnell
Cormac Munroe
Richard Donnelly
Cathal McShane
Michael Conroy
Mattie Donnelly
Ronan McNamee
Michael O'Neill
Lorcan Quinn
Sean Loughran?
Ryan McCusker?

Is Peter Teague still involved?

PMG1

Off the squad since last year is HP McGeary, Cassidy, Bradley, McCann, O'Neill plus the above 4 names of 2 x Brennan, Kelly & Quinn. McNulty obviously back on it but by the sounds of it the injury has ruled him out for the county season anyway.

Niall Morgan
Michael McKernan
Paudi Hampsey
Frank Burns
Niall Sludden
Jonathan Munroe
Conor Meyler
Paudi McNulty
Brian Kennedy
Conn Kilpatrick
Darragh Canavan
Nathan Donnelly
Kieran McGeary
Darren McCurry
Paul Donaghy
Darragh McAnenley
Liam Rafferty
Conor Shields
Conor McKenna
Peter Harte
Ben McDonnell
Cormac Munroe
Richard Donnelly
Cathal McShane
Michael Conroy
Mattie Donnelly
Ronan McNamee
Michael O'Neill
Lorcan Quinn
Sean Loughran?
Ryan McCusker
Peter Teague and Emmett McNabb although both carrying injuries at the minute

trileacman

The decision to only use 2 subs in the 2nd half when being beaten by Donegal must have swayed a few decisions lately. I mean it basically told the bench I trust the players that I've on even though there knackered more than you.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

tyrone08

Quote from: trileacman on March 08, 2022, 10:13:52 PM
The decision to only use 2 subs in the 2nd half when being beaten by Donegal must have swayed a few decisions lately. I mean it basically told the bench I trust the players that I've on even though there knackered more than you.

Yeah I got to say that I found that strange. Since Lee brennan came back last year I don't think he has gotten any game time. Maybe a few minutes at the most. Can't blame players not not sticking around if they are not getting any chances.

Has it been confirmed that they have left the panel. Normally it comes out in the irish news or twitter but I haven't seen anything.

The Trap

Would Tyrone be safer losing to fermanagh, getting in a few hard weeks of training and giving it a go through qualifiers? Ulster going to be a minefield and would hate to lose to Derry!

tyrone08

Quote from: The Trap on March 08, 2022, 10:36:07 PM
Would Tyrone be safer losing to fermanagh, getting in a few hard weeks of training and giving it a go through qualifiers? Ulster going to be a minefield and would hate to lose to Derry!

I would say Derry have been working towards this game for a long time. They were unlucky not to beat Donegal last year. Not sure how this season will go for tyrone. I didn't mind the slow start to the league as they werent long back from holidays but with all the recent players leaving the panel recently it may be a sign of things to come.

BennyHarp

I can only presume you are taking the piss here? Lose to Fermanagh so we can avoid Derry?? You've gone mad 😂😂
That was never a square ball!!

Under Lights

Quote from: tyrone08 on March 08, 2022, 10:43:43 PM

I would say Derry have been working towards this game for a long time. They were unlucky not to beat Donegal last year. Not sure how this season will go for tyrone. I didn't mind the slow start to the league as they werent long back from holidays but with all the recent players leaving the panel recently it may be a sign of things to come.

Interesting that so many have walked away, maybe hunger gone after winning the thing last year but I don't think as many opted out on MH over the years.

square_ball

Quote from: tyrone08 on March 08, 2022, 10:34:32 PM

Has it been confirmed that they have left the panel. Normally it comes out in the irish news or twitter but I haven't seen anything.

Teamtalkmag have it up on Facebook this morning about Lee Brennan leaving the squad but no mention of anyone else.

clubman21

Niall Morgan
Michael McKernan
Paudi Hampsey
Frank Burns
Niall Sludden
Jonathan Munroe
Conor Meyler
Paudi McNulty
Brian Kennedy
Conn Kilpatrick
Darragh Canavan
Nathan Donnelly
Kieran McGeary
Darren McCurry
Paul Donaghy
Darragh McAnenley
Liam Rafferty
Conor Shields
Conor McKenna
Peter Harte
Ben McDonnell
Cormac Munroe
Richard Donnelly
Cathal McShane
Michael Conroy
Mattie Donnelly
Ronan McNamee
Michael O'Neill
Lorcan Quinn
Sean Loughran?
Ryan McCusker?
Ryan Jones
Liam Nugent
Rory Donnelly

In hiding

Quote from: clubman21 on March 09, 2022, 09:08:02 AM

Niall Morgan
Michael McKernan
Paudi Hampsey
Frank Burns
Niall Sludden
Jonathan Munroe
Conor Meyler
Paudi McNulty
Brian Kennedy
Conn Kilpatrick
Darragh Canavan
Nathan Donnelly
Kieran McGeary
Darren McCurry
Paul Donaghy
Darragh McAnenley
Liam Rafferty
Conor Shields
Conor McKenna
Peter Harte
Ben McDonnell
Cormac Munroe
Richard Donnelly
Cathal McShane
Michael Conroy
Mattie Donnelly
Ronan McNamee
Michael O'Neill
Lorcan Quinn
Sean Loughran?
Ryan McCusker?
Ryan Jones
Liam Nugent
Rory Donnelly

Is Conail Grimes on the panel ?

sam03/05

Can't understand why players would leave at minute.
With the new split season they would only miss about 4 league games for the club and that's even if Tyrone progress to the latter stages in June. They would be better for their club staying  with county getting fitness and higher level training.

Under Lights

Quote from: sam03/05 on March 09, 2022, 10:48:57 AM
With the new split season they would only miss about 4 league games for the club and that's even if Tyrone progress to the latter stages in June. They would be better for their club staying  with county getting fitness and higher level training.

The interviews from Ronan Oneill, Mark Bradley and Conor Mckenna wouod reveal that its very taxing on mind, body and soul. The lads need to do whats best for themselves

toby47

Quote from: Under Lights on March 09, 2022, 12:59:27 PM
Quote from: sam03/05 on March 09, 2022, 10:48:57 AM

The interviews from Ronan Oneill, Mark Bradley and Conor Mckenna wouod reveal that its very taxing on mind, body and soul. The lads need to do whats best for themselves

'Don't understand why lads would leave the county panel'   ::) ::) ::)