Leinster Minor Hurling 2019

Started by burdizzo, April 24, 2019, 04:26:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy06

Have to say what a brilliant year it is for Laois in the championship!
Senior footballers in a Leinster semi-final
Minor footballers in a Leinster semi-final
Senior hurlers with 2 wins out of 2 in the Joe McDonagh and looking well there
Minor hurlers into a Leinster quarter-final and flying by all accounts

MasterJ

Agreed but still one more win needed in minor football , senior football and senior hurling. And two more needed in minor hurling

Don Draper

Quote from: Andy06 on May 29, 2019, 06:09:30 PM
Have to say what a brilliant year it is for Laois in the championship!
Senior footballers in a Leinster semi-final
Minor footballers in a Leinster semi-final
Senior hurlers with 2 wins out of 2 in the Joe McDonagh and looking well there
Minor hurlers into a Leinster quarter-final and flying by all accounts

All well and good, but we need to be getting to finals and then winning them, especially in football.

burdizzo

Don Draper

Quote from: burdizzo on May 30, 2019, 04:30:24 PM
Why especially in football?
Because we've fallen so dramatically from there. The hurling is a gradual process. It should be easier make up the ground in football.

burdizzo

God, I'd say it's very important to get to, and win, the McDonagh Cup final - much more important than winning a Leinster football final - as if that's a realistic goal at the moment.

Don Draper

Quote from: burdizzo on May 31, 2019, 07:59:08 AM
God, I'd say it's very important to get to, and win, the McDonagh Cup final - much more important than winning a Leinster football final - as if that's a realistic goal at the moment.
I should have been clearer, I was referring to Minor level, my apologies. I dont see us beating Dublin in a senior Leinster final anytime soon.

The Joe Mc is the most important.

But sadly in truth, its not worth a f**k as its set up for us to come back down again the following year.

MasterJ

Quote from: Don Draper on May 31, 2019, 08:12:03 AM
I should have been clearer, I was referring to Minor level, my apologies. I dont see us beating Dublin in a senior Leinster final anytime soon.

But sadly in truth, its not worth a f**k as its set up for us to come back down again the following year.

The football isn't worth it ether because of Dublin.

Don Draper

Quote from: MasterJ on May 31, 2019, 08:48:19 AM

Equaling Dublin at underage level shouldn't be beyond us.

GAA-SMART

Quote from: Don Draper on May 31, 2019, 09:00:22 AM
Quote from: MasterJ on May 31, 2019, 08:48:19 AM

Agreed No reason we can't be doing more than just competing against Dublin at underage Football and Hurling I think anyway

blueandwhite1

I understand what you mean in terms of the step up but I don't agree that it is not worth a f**k. I would personally place a lot of weight in winning the McDonagh cup. It would be great recognition that we are best amongst our peers. Would love to win a final in Croke Park too. Everything else would be a bonus. In my opinion you should have to qualify for the Leinster championship proper by playing a promotion / relegation challenge rather than the current situation.

MasterJ

Also winning or losing the final you still would have a game left in the All-Ireland prelimery quarter final against third place teams.

Keyser Söze

I think this is very fanciful!
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Don Draper

Quote from: Keyser Söze on June 02, 2019, 08:21:47 PM

Thats our problem there in a nutshell.

Keyser Söze

Quote from: Don Draper on June 02, 2019, 11:02:20 PM
Quote from: Keyser Söze on June 02, 2019, 08:21:47 PM

Thats our problem there in a nutshell.

Expand.
Numbers, resources and facilities.
To say it shouldn't be beyond us totally understates the level of difficulty involved in achieving that grand aim.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......