Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bannside

Aye Conor Burke. Decent big player, he had a great game that say. You're right he seems to have drifted off the scene completely.

harryR

Quote from: bannside on January 25, 2023, 03:54:32 PM
Aye Conor Burke. Decent big player, he had a great game that say. You're right he seems to have drifted off the scene completely.

Does he play for his club anymore?

Old Time Hurler

Conor Burke has been injured after he tore his hamstring off the bone v Loughgiel in SHC in 2020. Hopefully be back this year!! It was a bad injury, tried to come back in 2021 but done the hamstring again in 2nd or 3rd session back and had to rehab from then to hopefully this season!!

Saffsof82

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 25, 2023, 12:29:29 PM
Big county game on sunday. I don't think I see one person predict an antrim win in the predictions thread. Hopefully all wrong. It would be good to get a win to start as I think we will get it tight enough staying in that division this year. Any thoughts on team?

Expect to see the Murray's start, hopefully the experiment with Stewart at wing forward is over and he returns to middle to partner small. Centre back and full back a lottery, no one nailed on yet. We need to provide more cover to our full back line than we did in McKenna cup, completely isolated and thus leaking majors.

BrendanAntrim

Is Conor on board? No sign of him in McKenna Cup games, he would be a big presence in the team / squad if he is there.

BrendanAntrim

If IN report is accurate then Conor Murray is not on board this season. It is going to be a tough campaign I think

toby47

Quote from: BrendanAntrim on January 26, 2023, 09:02:50 AM
If IN report is accurate then Conor Murray is not on board this season. It is going to be a tough campaign I think

That is accurate. Was in for a short stint at the start but isn't on panel now.

imtommygunn

If we stay up I'd take that tbh.

Conor Murray one of our best so big loss.

Spike

Is promotion not guaranteed now?

I'm expecting wholesale changes from the McKenna cup games, if not personnel then certainly system. 

Saffsof82

Quote from: toby47 on January 26, 2023, 09:05:48 AM

That is accurate. Was in for a short stint at the start but isn't on panel now.

You positive about that? Wasn't at queens last week cause of county training.

BrendanAntrim

"The Johnston brothers – Ricky and Martin – have stepped away from the panel. Mick and Tomas McCann – both carrying injuries - haven't re-joined for the new season.

Their Cargin club-mate James Laverty, who occupied the centre-back role last season, has retired from the inter-county scene and experienced front man Conor Murray of Lamh Dhearg isn't expected to feature in 2023."

EOC1923

Quote from: BrendanAntrim on January 26, 2023, 10:49:38 AM
"The Johnston brothers – Ricky and Martin – have stepped away from the panel. Mick and Tomas McCann – both carrying injuries - haven't re-joined for the new season.

Their Cargin club-mate James Laverty, who occupied the centre-back role last season, has retired from the inter-county scene and experienced front man Conor Murray of Lamh Dhearg isn't expected to feature in 2023."
Massive hole in the team, especially up the centre of the defence. Was like a sieve in the McKenna cup and not sure it was much different in the friendlies they have played since.

Saffsof82

Sorry your were 100% correct Toby, Conor gone from panel

Saffsof82

I'd expect Lynch to start at full back, too soon for young Hynds, centre back will be a huge issue, Andy seems to favour Finnegan but that wouldn't fill me with confidence.

country bumpkin

With the absence of most of the Cargin contingent definitely sitting out league and Jamie Gribbin positively out for at least six weeks I doubt our ability to retain hard earned status....