Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

Anyone at the match? How was McShane? Listened to it on the radio and genuinely you'd be forgiven for thinking he wasn't playing, hardly mentioned at all.

I'd still stuck with him and hope he gets plenty of scores versus Fermanagh to rebuild the confidence.

Dire Ear

I think my concerns atm would be the discipline from the 2 Island boyos, the form of McShane and McKenna , injury to MDonn and strength of the bench.   Alot to work on,  faith  ;)

square_ball

Quote from: omagh_gael on March 29, 2022, 12:37:31 PM
Anyone at the match? How was McShane? Listened to it on the radio and genuinely you'd be forgiven for thinking he wasn't playing, hardly mentioned at all.

I'd still stuck with him and hope he gets plenty of scores versus Fermanagh to rebuild the confidence.

Quote from: Dire Ear on March 29, 2022, 01:08:36 PM
I think my concerns atm would be the discipline from the 2 Island boyos, the form of McShane and McKenna , injury to MDonn and strength of the bench.   Alot to work on,  faith  ;)

Please don't discuss McShane or McKenna on this board until you get permission from Tyrone11234 to do so. . .

But I think Dire Ear has it all summed up well, there are a few issues/concerns but the last 2 games have definitely raised the optimism levels.

I do think we'll get to a semi final minimum and then after that who knows. I didn't see any particularly outstanding team in the league that I would be fearful of meeting down the line.

God14

Early whispers seem to suggest Matties injury is a bad one

TyroneOnlooker

Quote from: God14 on March 29, 2022, 01:41:39 PM

Early whispers seem to suggest Matties injury is a bad one

Did Matty not detach the hamstring off the bone against Derrygonnelly in 2019? If it's another injury to the same muscle it could be a long lay off.

MC

He had a few issues with it last year as well.
Needs careful managing of it - yoga and pilates may be just as critical as S&C for him.
5 weeks for a hamstring injury is tight - unless he came off as a precaution.

Dire Ear

We could have seen his last game, I'd be fearing

omagh_gael

What's the story with Michael O'Neill?

Under Lights

Quote from: omagh_gael on March 30, 2022, 03:42:21 PM
What's the story with Michael O'Neill?

Doing rehab program. Was back om bench for Kerry game for the fiirst time since AI final

HokeyPokey

Paul Donaghy quit too now according to BelTel. Hasn't convinced much since his first two or three games, but still felt he could have pushed on...

Under Lights

Quote from: HokeyPokey on March 31, 2022, 05:53:41 PM
Paul Donaghy quit too now according to BelTel. Hasn't convinced much since his first two or three games, but still felt he could have pushed on...

Odd time to quit, McShane in poor form, Donnelly injured good chance he would have played v Fermanagh and then it's up to him, but maybe other reasons

tyrone08

Quote from: Under Lights on March 31, 2022, 06:03:08 PM

Odd time to quit, McShane in poor form, Donnelly injured good chance he would have played v Fermanagh and then it's up to him, but maybe other reasons

Jesus. There has to be something fundamentally wrong here, they can't all have valid reasons. You would have imagined this is a perfect time for a forward to stake a claim.

Any injury to McCurry and tyrone are in serious difficulties.

Under Lights

You would imagine a lot of players may be tempted at a summer in USA

HokeyPokey

Quote from: tyrone08 on March 31, 2022, 06:46:42 PM
Quote from: Under Lights on March 31, 2022, 06:03:08 PM

Jesus. There has to be something fundamentally wrong here, they can't all have valid reasons. You would have imagined this is a perfect time for a forward to stake a claim.

Any injury to McCurry and tyrone are in serious difficulties.

Sometimes the simplest answer may be the answer. It doesn't always have to be scandalous. There have been plenty of exits, some have commented on it and nobody has had any bad words to say which wasn't the case previously. Most were peripheral and not getting much game time and or pushing on age wise. Several had withdrew before.

I think with covid as well and having been restricted in what can we do, I think boys would be slower to commit for the amount of training and no matches. A summer in America would be hard to turn down after the last two years...

God14

Donaghy actually quit earlier in the year but management managed to cajole him around. He started immediately after and was given his chance. Not taken. Very disappointing, but IMHO he wasn't up to the standard, YET. The top defenders found him easy to read.
SOS to McAliskey please management!