Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NotedObserver

What sort of time player is conroy? T McCann and mark Bradley are the 2 names that jump out that would help. In form Michael Cassidy has plenty to offer as well

TyroneOnlooker

Quote from: NotedObserver on March 15, 2022, 09:51:08 AM
What sort of time player is conroy? T McCann and mark Bradley are the 2 names that jump out that would help. In form Michael Cassidy has plenty to offer as well

Of the guys that left, I think T McCann, Cassidy and Bradley could offer something from the bench. They obviously weren't happy to fulfill that role though. Wouldn't be asking McAliskey back, a great servant but not sure he'd offer anything more at this stage than the likes of Donaghy or Conroy. On Conroy, he certainly looks handy at club level. Whether that can be transferred to county level remains to be seen but he deserves a chance.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

I thought there were some encouraging signs in the second half on Sunday. It has been a poor league campaign but it was obvious from the start that we were coming into it from a different place and noticeably behind with preparation compared to a few other sides. Whether or not that's the right call time will tell, but management are in credit and it's their decision.

I did think we were showing some progress but the second half against Donegal was hopeless, then on Sunday we were blown out of the water first half. Dublin with their line up and approach had clearly targeted this as the game when they were going to take their own league campaign up a few notches - and I'd say they used the fact they were going to the AI champions as motivation that they really needed given their season so far. Tyrone didn't cope with the situation at all. When Hampsey went off it looked extremely bleak but several men then did stand up and winning the second half by four points offered encouragement. We must build on that in the remaining two league games.

I'd keep Canavan further out, he is a creator more than a finisher at this stage. Indeed, the only slight concern I have is the number of chances he has missed. And I'd give McKenna the next two games too, he looked busy when he came on. Ideally I'd like to have used this league to find out how best to deploy McKenna, McShane and Canavan. Those were the three from last summer who contributed but we knew were capable of more. Solve that and the whole team goes up another level.

Kidder81

See McCurry putting the boot into the players that left the Tyrone panel

Did he not walk away himself in 2018 ?

TyroneClubs

tyrone08

tyrone08

Quote from: Kidder81 on March 15, 2022, 04:29:41 PM
See McCurry putting the boot into the players that left the Tyrone panel

Did he not walk away himself in 2018 ?

Didn't think he stuck the boot in at all. It was 1 line in a 40 minute interview. He did seem to stick the boot into mickey harte but he only said what everyone knew was wrong.

Stan

From what I know those players that had made the decision to leave the panel did so for a variety of reasons - some departures may have been a managerial decision but many did so because it was the right thing to do from their perspective.

I think the remaining group off players is very strong - would have no complaints about any position or player...way outside my pay grade to select a senior panel for the county.

Also see that success for some of this lads might be hard to carry into a year as all ireland champions...they went from zero to hero in the space of 8 months or so...the 2003 team had a bunch of medals and trophies at the point of their first senior all ireland.

That is bound to be a complete head melt for most of the people on here never mind the men on the senior team...unless some of the men on here are on the seni....no...no....

square_ball

Quote"It was tough and bit surprising (when the six players left). When you are trying to do something which a Tyrone team has not before before - winning back-to-back All-Irelands.

"I just feel it was maybe an easy decision for some of them happy to walk away where maybe they're think more about themselves than the Tyrone team and the people of Tyrone."

This is what he said in the interview. As said above men left for a variety of reasons and easy for McCurry to say what he did as he is playing regularly. Though in the same interviw he said he was going to walk away if Harte was to remain as manager in 2021 so I'd probably take the 'dig' at former players with a pinch of salt really.

Moonshine

Not a great interview especially given he walked away

Wildweasel74

Can't have a dig when he done the same a few years bck, not understanding why current players walked away does not make sense.

WT4E

Whats the story with the new Jerseys I'm a bit confused I thought they where already updated for new sponsor? Maybe they weren't on sale?

Really like the new style and always hoped they would return to that style of badge but if they went back to the even older one that would be class

sensethetone

Quote from: WT4E on March 18, 2022, 10:18:19 AM
Whats the story with the new Jerseys I'm a bit confused I thought they where already updated for new sponsor? Maybe they weren't on sale?

Really like the new style and always hoped they would return to that style of badge but if they went back to the even older one that would be class

There's a one off jersey as it's 30 years of Alianz national league, don't know if it's just Tyrone. I'd buy it.

Still have Powerscreen sponsored jersey(long sleeve).

WT4E

Quote from: sensethetone on March 18, 2022, 11:51:59 AM
Quote from: WT4E on March 18, 2022, 10:18:19 AM

There's a one off jersey as it's 30 years of Alianz national league, don't know if it's just Tyrone. I'd buy it.

Still have Powerscreen sponsored jersey(long sleeve).

Does she still fit? ;)

HokeyPokey

I don't know why they have never brought back the hoop on the sleeve. The 2003 jersey is probably my favourite with some decent ones like 2008 or the 2010 one. Sponsors have been responsible for destroying a few jerseys *cough* HunkyDoreys *cough*