Tyrone v Roscommon Croke Park 14/15th July

Started by omagh_gael, July 07, 2018, 10:55:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 08, 2018, 07:57:53 PM
Quote from: Itchy on July 08, 2018, 07:53:24 PM
Ros could win this. Tyrone better defensively than Ros and Ros have better forwards than Tyrone.

Genuine question - which of their forwards are better than Matty Donnelly, Niall Sludden or Peter Harte?

Murtagh and two smiths better than anything Tyrone have, just my opinion. I tbink Tyrone probably at their weakest in a decade at the moment. Cavan were within 3 points and tget were completely clueless. But then I look at what Ros were at in the last quarter against Armagh in defence and I wonder what they were at. It should be s good tight match but Ros are well capable of bucking history and winning

Syferus

Quote from: Orchard park on July 08, 2018, 07:42:47 PM
Quote from: Syferus on July 08, 2018, 06:41:05 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on July 08, 2018, 06:40:29 PM
Quote from: seafoid on July 08, 2018, 06:14:27 PM
Quote from: rrhf on July 08, 2018, 06:09:25 PM
Have Roscommon ever beaten Tyrone in anything. Can't see that changing soon.
Unfortunately Tyrone didn'tmanage to get out of Ulster any time Ros had a good team. Tyrone won their first Ulster in Football  in 1956. Ros had 2 Sams by then
Football didn't actually start in 03.
If the CCCC fix this game to take place before 1956,  then we are in big trouble.

This attitude is going to age very badly.

How many Tyrone men do you personally know  ??  You seem to have a really irrational hatred for people  you dont know ....

I have the  height of respect for the county that brought us Plunkett Donaghy, Frank Mcguigan, Eugene McKenna, the mad goalie Skelton and art McRory as shrewd a football man as I ever met. I regret they not winning in 1986 only next to our losses in 80 and 91......

But then Syferus I had personal exposure to the state supported bullying that the men of 86 suffered most nights and as a result will always respect the GAA in Tyrone even if I have little time for their current mgmt or his autocratic rule and questionable tactics...

I do not speak for all Rossies nor  ever pretend to,  but my opinion would be more widespread than the questionable  "hate" you peddle

Hate? Stop yer grandstanding.

Orchard park

Quote from: Syferus on July 08, 2018, 08:16:22 PM
Unfortunately Tyrone didn'tmanage to get out of Ulster any time Ros had a good team. Tyrone won their first Ulster in Football  in 1956. Ros had 2 Sams by then
If the CCCC fix this game to take place before 1956,  then we are in big trouble.

How many Tyrone men do you personally know  ??  You seem to have a really irrational hatred for people  you dont know ....

I have the  height of respect for the county that brought us Plunkett Donaghy, Frank Mcguigan, Eugene McKenna, the mad goalie Skelton and art McRory as shrewd a football man as I ever met. I regret they not winning in 1986 only next to our losses in 80 and 91......

But then Syferus I had personal exposure to the state supported bullying that the men of 86 suffered most nights and as a result will always respect the GAA in Tyrone even if I have little time for their current mgmt or his autocratic rule and questionable tactics...

I do not speak for all Rossies nor  ever pretend to,  but my opinion would be more widespread than the questionable  "hate" you peddle

No grandstanding,  explain your loathing/ disresoect/ dislike/ hate for all things Tyrone.....

I have clearly explained  I am in  total opposition to your view but would love to try and understand  the dirge you arec pouting  're grudge matches.....

ONeill

I think it's great Roscommon are still here. Gives hope to the Wicklows and the Waterfords of this world.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Rossfan

Wicklow haven't our heritage and tradition while Waterford is a hurley place.
I think Tyrone coming from the dregs to win Ulsters and All Irelands after 78 and 115 years is what gives hope to Wicklow
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

Quote from: ONeill on July 08, 2018, 08:28:41 PM
I think it's great Roscommon are still here. Gives hope to the Wicklows and the Waterfords of this world.
Neutrals everywhere were delighted when Armagh won Sam because it gave such hope to Tyrone

BennyHarp

Quote from: Orchard park on July 08, 2018, 08:22:52 PM
Quote from: Syferus on July 08, 2018, 08:16:22 PM

No grandstanding,  explain your loathing/ disresoect/ dislike/ hate for all things Tyrone.....

I have clearly explained  I am in  total opposition to your view but would love to try and understand  the dirge you arec pouting  're grudge matches.....

Seriously though, where does this grudge match thing come from? I genuinely didn't realise Tyrone had any sort of grudge with Roscommon.
That was never a square ball!!

RedHand88

Quote from: Rossfan on July 08, 2018, 08:35:06 PM
I think Tyrone coming from the dregs to win Ulsters and All Irelands after 78 and 115 years is what gives hope to Wicklow

Yea maybe Wicklow will win 5 provincial titles in a decade, or 3 all irelands in 6 years.
Maybe Wicklow gaels will donate millions of their own money to build a state of the art multi million euro training complex.
All set against a background of intolerance and bigotry from Loyalists from within their own county!!

When Wicklow come through all that, then you can compare them to Tyrone.

Hound

Given the authorities surely have to give Monaghan the full 7 days recovery and fix them for Sunday, so you'd think this would be the Saturday 5pm game, and given Tyrone and Rossies have such awesome supporters as evidenced by this thread (!), we're not going to be far away from a sellout on Saturday I'd say.

Syferus

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 08, 2018, 09:11:16 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on July 08, 2018, 08:35:06 PM

Yea maybe Wicklow will win 5 provincial titles in a decade, or 3 all irelands in 6 years.
Maybe Wicklow gaels will donate millions of their own money to build a state of the art multi million euro training complex.
All set against a background of intolerance and bigotry from Loyalists from within their own county!!

When Wicklow come through all that, then you can compare them to Tyrone.

The irony of Tyrone people living in the past.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: seafoid on July 08, 2018, 08:58:03 PM
Neutrals everywhere were delighted when Armagh won Sam because it gave such hope to Tyrone

Yes Armagh showed Tyrone the way in 2002 if that didn't happen Tyrone would probably still be on zero senior All Irelands won.

manfromdelmonte

Tyrone have ONE more senior All Ireland than Roscommon 

Ros shouldn't fear this crowd

BennyHarp

Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 08, 2018, 09:43:42 PM

Yes Armagh showed Tyrone the way in 2002 if that didn't happen Tyrone would probably still be on zero senior All Irelands won.

But it did and Tyrone ended up with three. It must make Armagh's win bittersweet for them. Do Armagh folk sometimes wish they had never won the bloody thing in the first place?
That was never a square ball!!

Captain Obvious

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 08, 2018, 10:17:28 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 08, 2018, 09:43:42 PM

But it did and Tyrone ended up with three. It must make Armagh's win bittersweet for them. Do Armagh folk sometimes wish they had never won the bloody thing in the first place?

No Armagh's one win will always carry the most weight and most joy for neutrals. Its a decade now since Tyrone last won the All Ireland yet they haven't lost any of their arrogance which neutrals has no time for and Armagh aren't to blame for that arrogance as Tyrone are born and bred in that way.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Yes, our arrogance is intact, and bejaysus without it we'd have won nothing-- suffice it to say that, thon arrogance notwithstanding, should we fail to beat the Rossies next day out, then we can kiss all 2018 aspirations goodbye.

No condescension, just hard, unforgiving reality.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...