Im a celebrity 2022

Started by Mickey Linden, November 08, 2022, 04:32:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mickey Linden

Wow, that time of year again. Who would have thought it?
Thankfully with the Covid restrictions behind us we are back to the real deal this year. Wales served its purpose but its Wales after all and it certainly threw up a couple of strange results. I'm a firm believer in the adage, horses for courses, and its great to see this years set of celebs back on familiar turf. A lot of the pre-tournament chat has been around disgraced Tory (a portmanteau) Matt Hancock leading to some of the field being overlooked. My thoughts on Runners and Riders below

Boy George- Rumours are rife that Boy George is the highest paid contestant in the shows 22 year history. This worries me from a punting perspective. Is Boy George there merely for the paycheck? Can he do it on a cold Tuesday night in Stoke so to speak? He is sure to have his fans but not for me. Avoid

Chris Moyles- The unrecognisable former DJ and presenter has lost a tonne of weight and has never looked so well. Chris's new attitude is sure to serve him well as he seeks to go further outside his comfort zone. Chris seems a likeable chap and has an ew squeak.

Charlene White – Charlene is best known for presenting ITV news at 10. In fact, Charlene made history in 2014 as the first black woman to present the channels news at 10. Charlene no doubt possesses the strength and courage to go the distance here. However, citing that she may miss her 2 young kids at home could be a factor. Avoid

Sue Cleaver – Eileen Grimshaw. Can't have her. It's alright swapping the cobblestones for the jungle and it's a well-trodden path as some of her colleagues have done well. However, can Eileen mind her own business in the jungle? She certainly cant in Wetherfield. Avoid.

Owen Warner – Who?

Jill Scott – Its coming home, its coming home. Jill is sure to go far here and is a live contender. Having climbed the equivalent of Everest in her sport, Jill will have no problem finding the determination and will power to go well. Jill was also a strong presence in the Lioness dressing room and is sure to be likable amongst her campmates and public alike.

Babatunde Aleshe – A genuinely funny guy, Babatunde will be popular in camp. Not sure Babatunde has the determination to succeed, however. Is he there to boost his tv image? He was on 3 separate channels the other night as I was flicking through him. In everything but the crib. Avoid.

Scarlette Douglas – The place in the Sun presenter is sure to be popular amongst the campmates. However, some of Scarlettes pre-match comments would make me wonder. Is Scarlette there to make up the numbers?

Matt Hancock – The joker of the pack. Only thing less surprising than Hancock going to the jungle to boost his ego is that he sold his story to the Sun. Couldn't write it. The public are sure to vote Matt to partake in plenty of trials but could also keep him in there for sadistic entertainment. Avoid

Mike Tindall – The first Royal contestant. In a year where there was the poignant passing of the Queen, Mike is sure to prove popular. A winner on the field of play and punching well above his weight with Zara, Mike is sure to have the attitude to go all the way. 2nd fav at the minute but will be getting my hard earned.

Good luck all and enjoy the show. A 2 horse race. Mike to beat Jill in a thriller.

An Watcher

Seriously, I love the show but wtf?

Mickey Linden

What u mean? Who is ur money on? I honestly see it as a 2 horse race. Granted, dont know much about that lad from Hollyoaks

johnnycool

Quote from: An Watcher on November 08, 2022, 04:48:41 PM
Seriously, I love the show but wtf?

I'm hoping this is a cut/paste job from somewhere else as I hope Mickey didn't take the time to actually come up with that himself...

;D

FFS can no one cook Boy Georges mushrooms right..

quit yo jibbajabba

Just came to say same. Hope you copied that from elsewhere Mickey 😃

Tony Baloney

The evenings are drawing in down in Mayobridge.

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Eamonnca1

johnnycool

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Armagh18

What did we think of Matthew then?

If I didn't know what an evil little toad he was and he was just some random z-list celebrity like the rest of them I probably wouldnt mind him, but I obviously can't look past who he is, where he comes from and what hes done and represents. He's a whole pile easier listened to than Boy George though in fairness.

johnnycool

Quote from: Armagh18 on November 10, 2022, 08:12:51 AM

If I didn't know what an evil little toad he was and he was just some random z-list celebrity like the rest of them I probably wouldnt mind him, but I obviously can't look past who he is, where he comes from and what hes done and represents. He's a whole pile easier listened to than Boy George though in fairness.

Yep, struggling with this too.

Are we expected to treat politicians like actors, they're in a role doing a certain job, portraying a character so to speak and not the lad who got up behind a podium who told tie after lie resulting in 1000's more deaths than there should have been.

Don't think I'm buying that to be honest, the hateful wee cúnt.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnnycool on November 10, 2022, 08:29:59 AM

Are we expected to treat politicians like actors, they're in a role doing a certain job, portraying a character so to speak and not the lad who got up behind a podium who told tie after lie resulting in 1000's more deaths than there should have been.

He was told what to say, which was a lie after another lie. the machine behind him that was pulling the strings told him what to say, but he said it, no balls to actually step away from the disaster that was unfolding..

What are his motives for being there? 

johnnycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 10, 2022, 08:45:45 AM

He was told what to say, which was a lie after another lie. the machine behind him that was pulling the strings told him what to say, but he said it, no balls to actually step away from the disaster that was unfolding..

That defence wasn't good enough at Nuremburg and it's not good enough for me.

Armagh18

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 10, 2022, 08:45:45 AM

He says he wants to show the human side of politicians. Would imagine the few hundred grand he's getting would help, not as though he needs it. Maybe he's trying to forge a career in show business after politics.