Jim McGuinness: Sadly I must wash some dirty linen in public ...

Started by balladmaker, September 29, 2015, 11:32:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

They gave Cassidy a voucher when he was kicked off the panel and team holiday,  as they should have. What's changed?

armaghniac

Mind you, while team holiday could be passed off as training or such there should be an issue with Revenue of just handing out vouchers.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: heffo on September 29, 2015, 04:33:00 PM
Quote from: shezam on September 29, 2015, 04:09:06 PM
http://www.balls.ie/gaa/donegal-county-board-pro-responds-to-jim-mcguinness-team-holiday-complaints/310548?utm_campaign=twitter&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter

That's rubbish - it's standard practice to issue players & management who cant make team holidays with vouchers in lieu.

After all the good Jim McGuinnes and Co did in Donegal, that's really bad form from the county management committee.

Aye, just back tracking and arse covering at this stage. Vouchers will be produced in the next few days and it'll all be put down to a "miscommunication". The aul miscommunication is a great one to get you out of a cul de sac.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

T Fearon

Petty.Reminds me of the 70s when my late brother,a student at the time in Belfast,missed the club annual dinner after paying a fiver,due to his clapped out car seizing up.When he told a teammate about it in training a week later he advised him to present his ticket to the committee,who might award him a fry! ;D  ;D

skeog

jim spot on as for him returning to donegal not happem jim has bigger ambitions soccer wise

Beffs

Quote from: Esmarelda on September 29, 2015, 01:10:50 PM
Could someone paste the article? I've gone over my limit of free stories  :-[

When reading IT articles, don't open them the usual way, by left clicking on them. Right click the link & select the "Open page in private window" option. That will let you read as many IT articles as you want.

ONeill

Quote from: J70 on September 29, 2015, 04:50:34 PM
They gave Cassidy a voucher when he was kicked off the panel and team holiday,  as they should have. What's changed?

You're assuming Jimmy was happy with Cassidy getting a voucher.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Esmarelda

Quote from: Beffs on September 29, 2015, 08:12:50 PM
Quote from: Esmarelda on September 29, 2015, 01:10:50 PM
Could someone paste the article? I've gone over my limit of free stories  :-[

When reading IT articles, don't open them the usual way, by left clicking on them. Right click the link & select the "Open page in private window" option. That will let you read as many IT articles as you want.
Nice one Beffs.

Ryano

Quote from: ONeill on September 29, 2015, 10:23:36 PM
You're assuming Jimmy was happy with Cassidy getting a voucher.

I'd think Jimmy was happy for him to get it.

He was working on getting Cassidy back into the panel before the start of the following season and would not have wanted to rock the boat.

J70

ONeill

For the same reason that he kicked Cassidy off the squad trip that year. Hypocrisy.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

T Fearon

Jim should be focussing on other washes in Donegal,like car washes where foreigners are trafficked to work for a pittance😠

blanketattack

Always felt the Kerry system was quite fair.  Players get holiday plus X grand spending money. If players don't go on holiday they get the X grand spending money.

J70

Quote from: ONeill on September 30, 2015, 11:31:17 PM
For the same reason that he kicked Cassidy off the squad trip that year. Hypocrisy.

He kicked Cassidy off the panel because of hypocrisy?

You will have to explain that!