Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: EOC1923 on June 18, 2023, 09:00:14 PM
Quote from: Belfast GAA man on June 18, 2023, 08:54:34 PM
No bus from cargin going down id say. . Sulkers
We'll go down surely and support 2 of our young players who are part of the panel, you hate that don't you Belfast GAA man
cargin best club in antrim by a mile and not one playing today ffs . Join in and make us stronger

imtommygunn

Quinn came on early and Johnston came on too. Some of their young guys will be starting soon enough.

Milltown Row2

Plenty of improvement from todays game which is a positive by the way. Still thin with the panel I think.

We need everyone to buy in and create the strongest panel. Some lads still developing on the physical side of things too
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Mickey Linden

Great feel good vibe roday in Corrigan. Would like to credit the players for the time they afforded young fans coming onto the pitch at full time. The enthusiasm of the young fans is the biggest vote of confidence for the tailtain cup that the county can get. Hopefully antrim will support amd enable the clubs to send as many underage players as possible to croke park next week

Hectic

So Antrim are having a positive season and yet we have people pining for certain players from certain clubs.

Why?

Maybe the fact those lads are not in the mix has left a better balanced squad.

And a lot of this squad is in its infancy in terms of county experience so potential to get much better.

Forget yesterday's men.

BrendanAntrim

Quote from: Mickey Linden on June 18, 2023, 10:19:22 PM
Great feel good vibe roday in Corrigan. Would like to credit the players for the time they afforded young fans coming onto the pitch at full time. The enthusiasm of the young fans is the biggest vote of confidence for the tailtain cup that the county can get. Hopefully antrim will support amd enable the clubs to send as many underage players as possible to croke park next week

There was a feel god vibe. Coming straight from an u17 game, I was 10 mins late getting in and was pleasantly surprised at the size of the crowd. So many familiar faces too, and all delighted to be supporting a winning team that was playing some positive, attacking football. Very happy too to see a bit of steel / nastiness when it was required. That's part of what's required if we are going to step up in the years ahead.

ck

Superb result but have to say it was expected. I was less sure about the Fermanagh game.
Well done all involved and also learned that Antrim county board gave out free tickets to a lot of schools in the county to make sure the next generation was there. Smart initiative and a very progressive move.
Well done all!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ck on June 18, 2023, 11:31:23 PM
Superb result but have to say it was expected. I was less sure about the Fermanagh game.
Well done all involved and also learned that Antrim county board gave out free tickets to a lot of schools in the county to make sure the next generation was there. Smart initiative and a very progressive move.
Well done all!

Plus the on field half time games were great, all those kids came charging on after the final whistle getting autographs.

Fair play to all, Corrigan, considering the dry spell (I'd been on it on Wednesday night) looked grand, a lot of injuries are coming from falls, not collisions
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Saffsof82

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on June 18, 2023, 08:54:34 PM
No bus from cargin going down id say. . Sulkers

Plenty of Cargin supporters there today getting behind the. Saffs tbf

imtommygunn

Quote from: ck on June 18, 2023, 11:31:23 PM
Well done all!

Tbh I'd a better feeling about the fermanagh game. Dunno what i was - think it was the favourites tag. I think it's ok now though as we certainly won't be favourites in the semi final.

imtommygunn

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 19, 2023, 08:40:22 AM
meath...

The hardest draw, I'd say they were all looking us but the other game is a 50/50 ... Sure give it a lash and see how we go, if we continue to open up those goal chances we could spring a surprise, but Meath could also cut us open too

Be a strange one for Andy too no doubt

imtommygunn

Yeah the ideal you'd have wanted would have been Laois which couldn't have happened. Tough draw as they battered wexford who put it up to us but we've improved and are hopefully much more confident etc now. Hopefully injuries hold up and we have nothing to lose here. 

JimStynes

Bonus territory! When's the last time Antrim footballers played in Croke Park? Have many of the lads played in Croke Park before?

imtommygunn

Tommy Murphy cup I would say which was a good while ago and I would doubt too many of current panel have played in Croke.

Exactly we are in bonus territory.