Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOC1923

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 09, 2022, 06:50:00 PM
Quote from: country bumpkin on October 09, 2022, 06:36:35 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 09, 2022, 04:12:14 PM
All the momentum now, can only see one winner

Momentum is for a the notion of the dreamer....not a realist......

I'm not sure what you are talking about..

But the momentum was with Cargin and they won

The Donegal champions will, after that performance, be very worried, some fight back to dig out that result, who was the last team to score three goals against Cargin?
We'll not worry about the Donegal champions tonight, 6 titles in 8 years for this group of players. Has to be applauded no matter what your allegiance. Seen a clip of a very dubious decision a penalty not given in the 1st half. Referee very very poor today I thought all in all.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: EOC1923 on October 09, 2022, 07:11:33 PM

The Donegal champions will, after that performance, be very worried, some fight back to dig out that result, who was the last team to score three goals against Cargin?
We'll not worry about the Donegal champions tonight, 6 titles in 8 years for this group of players. Has to be applauded no matter what your allegiance. Seen a clip of a very dubious decision a penalty not given in the 1st half. Referee very very poor today I thought all in all.

Very difficult conditions on a dry day for a final never mind the wet one to referee. You've got to allow for lads going down easier
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Sportacus

Congratulations Cargin.  Sickener for Aghagallon but they have a bright future.  Brighter than Corrigan - shambles of a County, never seen a final played in darker conditions. Terrible for a showpiece occasion.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Sportacus on October 09, 2022, 07:26:05 PM
Congratulations Cargin.  Sickener for Aghagallon but they have a bright future.  Brighter than Corrigan - shambles of a County, never seen a final played in darker conditions. Terrible for a showpiece occasion.

You'd need to blame the weather not Corrigan.. Christ that's the best I've heard yet
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

erinsboy

What an effort from Aghagallon today ,they turned up this year for sure and when the pain of losing settles they can look back and be very proud of that performance today unreal to a man.

Number 11 championship for the Greens today and it was sweet they way we dug in from 8 down ,that takes real character and that's what our team has lots of.We will enjoy a few drinks tonight in our new club house and look forward to Ulster when the hangover goes.

I'm sure the Aghagallon men will have opinions on the ref but 3 massive calls we didn't get as the ref bottled it as they where clear as day fouls 1/ drag down before half time in box I think on Bradley 2/ Kelly got shoulder in the back at full time and ref blew to end game 3/Tomas fouled/pulled down in extra time.We did enough to win but on another day them calls change the game.Not good enough for any ref to get them calls wrong in a champion final.

Anyway I need to go and get some Diesel in the tractor here!!

EOC1923

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 09, 2022, 07:25:21 PM

Very difficult conditions on a dry day for a final never mind the wet one to referee. You've got to allow for lads going down easier
Two stonewall penalties for cargin denied, 14th min and last min of extra time, but I'm not going to complain too much.
For me I have to admit Aghagallon impressed so much today, other teams maybe make a final and don't go for it. Eunan Walsh, Ruari McCann, Loughran all hopefully weigh in for Antrim. Sean O Neill Jamie Gribbin and Pat Shivers for us there's 6 a good start for a fresh team.

Sportacus

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 09, 2022, 07:28:33 PM
Quote from: Sportacus on October 09, 2022, 07:26:05 PM

You'd need to blame the weather not Corrigan.. Christ that's the best I've heard yet
Not blaming Corrigan at all.  Their clubmen have put long hours in no doubt.  But fact is our county final was played in terrible light because we've no floodlights, which is a consequence of the shambles that has been made of Casement Park.  But anyway, that's all been trawled over many a time. It's Cargins day.

JimStynes

Quote from: EOC1923 on October 09, 2022, 07:33:45 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 09, 2022, 07:25:21 PM

Two stonewall penalties for cargin denied, 14th min and last min of extra time, but I'm not going to complain too much.
For me I have to admit Aghagallon impressed so much today, other teams maybe make a final and don't go for it. Eunan Walsh, Ruari McCann, Loughran all hopefully weigh in for Antrim. Sean O Neill Jamie Gribbin and Pat Shivers for us there's 6 a good start for a fresh team.

Ruairi getting dropped mystifies me. Not in the top 25 players in Antrim!! Adam wasn't getting his place and pulled the pin early and decided to go to America. Eunan is a big antrim man so he'll hang around alright. Jamie Lamont is a fantastic player who is definitely county standard too.

The worst thing about all this is we have a relegation playoff on Friday night here ffs. 

bannside

A fitting finale to the most open championship in memory, the odds on three draws during normal time in both semis plus the final itself would be close to 1000/1.

Aghagallon deserve a lot of respect for the performance they put up today and will no doubt be thereabouts for the foreseeable future.

For all the drama the Mc Namee heads back to it's familiar resting spot in Toome, for half a dozen other clubs it's a case of what extra do they need to find to get over that line!

Congratulations to Cargin...they keep finding a way...and good luck in Ulster.

Mickey Linden

Cargin looked dead and buried at times today. However, like these great teams they found a way and never looked panicked. Congrats to them. Aghagallon can take plenty from defeat. They have some good young players and always carry a goal threat. They should be back

Saul goodman

It was almost as if we hit the front too early once we got the goal at start of 2nd half. Cargin just chipped away and when the game went to Extra time they managed it well, they still have a great blend of young lads playing with the old campaigners.

paddyjohn

Well done to Pearses, good club doing a load of decent work. Dunloy were superb against Glenravel, they've super forwards. Glenravel will be disappointed though.

bannside

Does that mean Dunloy automatically go forward to senior championship next year?

Dunsilly King

Went to yesterdays game, by god it was wet. Cargin deserved their win, Aghagallon can be proud of their effort, they had a great chance and hadn't the overall quality to win it. In truth their keeper cost them big time. Luke Mulholland some miss for them. Cargin showed great resolve and overall were a better team. The ref was crap, period. He denied Cargin two stone wall penalties, any ref who does that in final deserves criticism. For my part I will have to visit the in laws some time so gonna get it out of the way this week. Dunloy handed out a four pt stuffing. Their senior hurling forwards bringing senior pace to intermediate level football. Magees very poor.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bannside on October 10, 2022, 10:23:15 AM
Does that mean Dunloy automatically go forward to senior championship next year?

Yes, they want to be playing senior at both, well that's what I got from hearing their manager speaking..

As said above, senior pace from the senior lads was evident from the start, I didn't think they would have kept that pace through to the end but they did.

Based over their previous outings against Ballymena and Sarsfields, Glenravel didn't show any of that form, and will feel they left that one behind.

Big shout out to the MOM in my opinion the keeper, some saves that really kept Glenravel in that game.