Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: The Bearded One on January 18, 2017, 02:49:04 PM
Total scored / Total conceded = scoring average Fuzzman.

What if the opposition don't score?

The Golden Years

Localexpert

Quote from: The Golden Years on January 18, 2017, 06:39:06 PM
Quote from: skeog on January 18, 2017, 12:36:44 PM
Aidan is injured.

Knew it was to good to be true  >:(

I'm sure this has been covered before .... However would people agree that Aidan mccrory wouldn't have had as much chances if he didn't play for errigal?

redzone

Christ that will really bore us to death. Anyone at the game. Give us few updates or match report if u can.  Cheers

Fuzzman

Just reading the scores and looking at the tables on the Ulster GAA website.
Armagh will be annoyed that they beat Down so well yet queens capitulated to give Derry 1st place but Cavans defeat by UU was even a bigger shock.
Tyrone v Derry final again?

superstar_

Similiar to Sunday, not much can be taken away from hammering Donegals U21 team.
Although was dissapointed by the contribution of McHugh and Niall McKenna against poor opposition, bound to be under pressure to make the league squad.

Il Bomber Destro

With the injuries, I wonder if Mickey will keep an extended squad on past the McKenna Cup?

If we keep the same size squad as last year, it would definitely mean a place is open for 2 of the new faces to make the cut given McAliskey will be gone for the year and Tierney opted off. You also have the other factor that the likes of Loughran and Cassidy have had injuries interfere with their audition, so to speak.

I wonder if McHugh will be kept on now given the injury to McAliskey. O'Neill is now our only real right footed scoring forward in the squad.

skeog

Mickey will be fielding his strongest team from now on. Mark Bradley and the other college players will be in the squad sunday.Results are what matters now to siience his detractors and to extend his tenure.

jp2020

Quote from: skeog on January 19, 2017, 09:28:00 PM
Mickey will be fielding his strongest team from now on. Mark Bradley and the other college players will be in the squad sunday.Results are what matters now to siience his detractors and to extend his tenure.
And therein lies the issue, MH goes out to win mckenna cup to extend his tenure!! Unbelieveable. Have we set our standards that low?

southtyronegael

Quote from: jp2020 on January 19, 2017, 09:56:40 PM
And therein lies the issue, MH goes out to win mckenna cup to extend his tenure!! Unbelieveable. Have we set our standards that low?
considering that for four years between 2012 -2015 inclusive the mc kenna cup is the only trophy we lifted i think its safe to say its whats been keeping mickey in the job. im sure some day people will realise its what happens at the business end of the championship that really matters.

BennyHarp

Quote from: southtyronegael on January 19, 2017, 10:45:10 PM
considering that for four years between 2012 -2015 inclusive the mc kenna cup is the only trophy we lifted i think its safe to say its whats been keeping mickey in the job. im sure some day people will realise  its what happens at the business end of the championship that really matters.

Do you guys genuinely believe that the McKenna Cup has kept Mickey in his job? Seriously, Do you really think that's how these things work? Or do you think it may have been the two all Ireland semi final appearances during that time in 2013 and 2015 following the promotion to div 1 in 2012 and the appearance in a div 1 league final in 2013? That's not bad progress in a four year period. During that era do you think we had better players than Dublin, Donegal and Kerry? Did we seriously underperform to warrant a change of manager or, on reflection, was there just a few better teams than us?
That was never a square ball!!

jp2020

Quote from: BennyHarp on January 19, 2017, 11:29:24 PM
Quote from: southtyronegael on January 19, 2017, 10:45:10 PM
considering that for four years between 2012 -2015 inclusive the mc kenna cup is the only trophy we lifted i think its safe to say its whats been keeping mickey in the job. im sure some day people will realise  its what happens at the business end of the championship that really matters.

Lets get real from '08 to '16 nothing of any note was won! MH has targetted winning the McKenna Cup and I read an article once where he was basically trying to justify his position by spouting about the number of trophies that had been won during his tenure, and that included the O'Fiaich Cup and numerous prestigious McKenna Cups!! Nothing less than retaining Div1, Ulster championship and at least a final appearance in Sept will be progress this year! How long does he need to "re-build" after '08??

Do you guys genuinely believe that the McKenna Cup has kept Mickey in his job? Seriously, Do you really think that's how these things work? Or do you think it may have been the two all Ireland semi final appearances during that time in 2013 and 2015 following the promotion to div 1 in 2012 and the appearance in a div 1 league final in 2013? That's not bad progress in a four year period. During that era do you think we had better players than Dublin, Donegal and Kerry? Did we seriously underperform to warrant a change of manager or, on reflection, was there just a few better teams than us?

square_ball

Can you link that article JP2020? I can never recall Mickey Harte listing out the number of trophies he has won - it wouldnt be his style.

Best man for the job at the moment. There are no other candidates that have put their hand up.

LeoMc

I am sure a new man can come in, bring in all the County standard players Mickey isn't using, get them playing a more attractive type of football, make them available to their clubs more and win the All-Ireland.

I am not Mickeys biggest fan but if anyone thinks replacing him will get us playing 1970's catch and kick to a level that will win the All-Ireland or solve the fixtures issue they need to think again.

skeog

Leo who are the players not in the team or squad who you think would bring Sam back.