NFL Division 3 2017

Started by Shamrock Shore, January 30, 2017, 06:47:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcklatchee

Quote from: smelmoth on February 16, 2017, 10:41:24 PM
Any of the regular contributors to the Armagh forum know why people are being banned? Are they happy that they are being banned?

How does this rest with the county? Its the official site. Should it not be a bit more accountable?

Too many are sitting idly by and letting this shite prevail. Some post here but are not raising their voices on the county website. Why???????
If you must ask a difficult question, ask someone else in 5 years time. I have a 5 yr plan you know

mcklatchee

Quote from: illdecide on February 17, 2017, 09:54:17 AM
Quote from: bennydorano on February 16, 2017, 04:37:55 PM
I was right behind the nets for that, Campbell half pulled out of going for the ball fullblooded and got himself cleaned in the process, never a penalty.

I was at that end of the Ground in the main stand and couldn't disagree with that...As for the Armagh website, it is a bit OTT but at the same time there are a lot of young very immature lads on it who would not take long to get out of hand and give out personal abuse to players. A tight ship needs run there and i think that's why the moderator is a bit OTT, if i'm right in thinking i think the County Board asked for the site to be closed down a few years ago due to personal abuse by posters...

For me it's not about abuse. I abused nobody. The Armagh posters will know that or can look it up. They are banning people for nefarious reasons
If you must ask a difficult question, ask someone else in 5 years time. I have a 5 yr plan you know

tonto1888

I was right behind the nets for that, Campbell half pulled out of going for the ball fullblooded and got himself cleaned in the process, never a penalty.

I was at that end of the Ground in the main stand and couldn't disagree with that...As for the Armagh website, it is a bit OTT but at the same time there are a lot of young very immature lads on it who would not take long to get out of hand and give out personal abuse to players. A tight ship needs run there and i think that's why the moderator is a bit OTT, if i'm right in thinking i think the County Board asked for the site to be closed down a few years ago due to personal abuse by posters...

I think they're of that opinion at the moment too

mcklatchee

Quote from: tonto1888 on February 17, 2017, 10:00:39 PM

I think they're of that opinion at the moment too

Then delete the abusive posts, warn or ban the abusive posters and leave the rest of us alone.

omochain

Anybody want to talk about the big game in Longford. Some team news for an old exile would be helpful.

sligoman2

Big game for us v Antrim.  A win and we are definitely in the promotion hunt, a loss and we are back in the middle of the pack.  Hopefully we can play like the first 50 minutes against Tipperary, if we do we can win it.

Fingers crossed, we have a good record against Antrim but it's never easy to come out of belfast with 2 points.  Haven't heard any team news yet on injuries etc..

Do or die game for Antrim.
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

tonto1888

Quote from: omochain on February 20, 2017, 10:02:23 PM
Anybody want to talk about the big game in Longford. Some team news for an old exile would be helpful.

A win is an absolute must. Can't help with the team as I've gone back to Manchester tonight myself

magpie seanie

Quote from: sligoman2 on February 21, 2017, 09:17:50 PM
Big game for us v Antrim.  A win and we are definitely in the promotion hunt, a loss and we are back in the middle of the pack.  Hopefully we can play like the first 50 minutes against Tipperary, if we do we can win it.

Fingers crossed, we have a good record against Antrim but it's never easy to come out of belfast with 2 points.  Haven't heard any team news yet on injuries etc..

We tried to get too cute against Tipp by withdrawing Murf and Paddy O'Connor (understand the thinking but for the sake of 10-15 minutes it was a daft move). We need to be able to go and win in Antrim. The good things about our guys is we usually manage to keep the scoreboard ticking over even if we're not playing all that well. This gives us a chance against most sides.

Shamrock Shore

Just to remind Armagh lads coming to Longford on Sun there is no seated area - unless you get a Ard Comhairle type ticket for the small VIP section which is usually reserved for the older folks.

The sheltered area is standing only behind the town goals.

The rest of the standing area along the 'near' side of the pitch is exposed to the elements.

So bring lots of wet gear.

Sorry about this - the main seated area stand is deemed unsafe and is being worked on to try and fix the problems.

Looking forward to this and REVENGE for the Div 2 defeat in Armagh a few years ago which annoyed me greatly at the time due to the cynical nature of the Armagh game (but equally whingeing annoys me too).

imtommygunn

Quote from: sligoman2 on February 21, 2017, 09:17:50 PM

Sadly I am not sure you will have too many issues with Antrim :( Hope I'm wrong!

Orior

Looks like a similar line out to a fortnight ago. Same keeper and still no Jamie Clarke.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

armaghniac

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on February 23, 2017, 02:33:44 PM
The rest of the standing area along the 'near' side of the pitch is exposed to the elements.
So bring lots of wet gear.

Sorry about this - the main seated area stand is deemed unsafe and is being worked on to try and fix the problems.

I still remember a serious wetting in Longford 15 odd years ago. Damp spot.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

smelmoth

Quote from: Orior on February 24, 2017, 04:32:24 PM

Looks like a similar line out to a fortnight ago. Same keeper and still no Jamie Clarke.

As always I would be very surprised if the named team starts for us.

And I hope it doesn't. Anto can do a job for us but he should be competing with the half forwards. Would prefer to see Clarke in there. His omission is a nonsense that will hopefully be corrected before throw in

laoislad

Quote from: Orior on February 24, 2017, 04:32:24 PM

Looks like a similar line out to a fortnight ago.
Hopefully the same result.
Hon Longford..
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU