Will anyone inn Fianna Fail shout stop?

Started by Leo, February 22, 2008, 05:07:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leo

The Bertie shambles has descended into dark farce. Is there not a single senior FF TD with the Ba**s to tell him to stop.
Fierce tame altogether

Son_of_Sam

If I had a nasty side, I would wish that he stayed until the end of his term & therefore destroy Fianna Fail on his way down.  ;D

the Deel Rover

At this stage he should just resign, in any other country he would be long gone by now, but what does poor Bertie want to do he wants to stop the tribunal from delving any further into his financial dealings.
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Zapatista

Or PD/Green/Ind.

I've said this before but I am truly scared about the attitude taken by many Irish people.

his holiness nb

Its a vague thread, stop what?
Do you mean they should ask him to resign?

If Bertie doesnt hand over to Cowen quicky, there wont be much left to hand over.
Ask me holy bollix

Son_of_Sam

Quote from: the Deel Rover on February 22, 2008, 05:12:01 PM
At this stage he should just resign, in any other country he would be long gone by now, but what does poor Bertie want to do he wants to stop the tribunal from delving any further into his financial dealings.

He wants a job in Europe, he may lack any credibility or believability but if he scraps through without anything being proved 100% he will snake into a high powered & high paid job.

Have to laugh at Martin Manseragh, he really is a clown. What shocks me is that the only major Fianna Fail politician I would actually ever have thought I could have give my vote if I where in their constituency Mary Rourke. She has really disappointed me. I think she was mad to tie her political career to defending Bertie, she could have kept stump & been a kingmaker for her nephew Conor Lenihan. Fair play to her on giving Hanafin a hard time, the cold fish,

Zapatista

Quote from: his holiness nb on February 22, 2008, 05:14:10 PM

If Bertie doesnt hand over to Cowen quicky, there wont be much left to hand over.

This is exactly what I'm talking about.

There should be no more excuses!!

No handing over!

No protecting the Party!

No protecting Bertie and his reputation!

No right time ro do it!

Get that man out of Irish politics Now!! He is a disgrace to this Country and those protecting him are as bad. He must leave now.

No more discussion on the subject.

If someone elected does not take over now then I am in favour of the President sending the army to take over. Enough is enough.

Son_of_Sam

Cowen has shielded him, surely he should meet Madame Guillotine also.

his holiness nb

Quote from: Zapatista on February 22, 2008, 05:25:01 PM

No handing over!

No protecting the Party!

No right time ro do it!

Get that man out of Irish politics Now!! He is a disgrace to this Country and those protecting him are as bad. He must leave now.

If someone elected does not take over now then I am in favour of the President sending the army to take over. Enough is enough.

No more discussion on the subject  ::)
Jaysus I thought censorship was a bad thing!

What do you mean by no handing over? Surely if he resigns the leadership will be passed over to Cowen?
Ask me holy bollix

his holiness nb

Son of Sam, lets be honest, you wouldnt accept anyone to replace him unless he was from FG!  ;)
Ask me holy bollix

Zapatista

The big job in Europe will be his if he can get the Lisbon Treaty through. It was all settled at the negoiations in Lisbon. There are 27 states in Europe with 27 leaders all retireing at some stage but there is only one that has to convince it's own people to support the Treaty.

Zapatista

Quote from: his holiness nb on February 22, 2008, 05:30:36 PM
Quote from: Zapatista on February 22, 2008, 05:25:01 PM

No handing over!

No protecting the Party!

No right time ro do it!

No more discussion on the subject  ::)
Jaysus I thought censorship was a bad thing!

What do you mean by no handing over? Surely if he resigns the leadership will be passed over to Cowen?

Do FF not need to elect a new leader?

We have had the discussion. It's time to decide.

his holiness nb

Of course they need to elect a new leader. But do you honestly think anyone other that Cowen stands a chance?
Ask me holy bollix

Zapatista

Quote from: his holiness nb on February 22, 2008, 05:37:34 PM
Of course they need to elect a new leader. But do you honestly think anyone other that Cowen stands a chance?

Depends how badly BA falls and how Cowens reaction to it. Going by current form Ned O'Keefe is the front runner. Do you honestly think FF would elect another CJH or BA....on second thoughts I don't need an answer to that.

Son_of_Sam

They could be from Labour. Or if Jack Lynch where to rise from the dead, not in my lifetime, but my dad who is an ardent FG'r tells me he was a great Taoiseach, & of course I have heard that from people of so many different political colours. To be honest Fianna Fail is so corrupt to the core, they would need to be disbanded & a new clean party without its hierarchy of corruption thrown away & I might think about it for 30 seconds. Its not just a political thing its the whole Charlie Haughey, Bertie, Bev, Liam Lawlor, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. & they see nothing wrong with their actions, this is little short of a dictatorship.