Oh My God Help Me I'm Starving to Death

Started by pintsofguinness, January 07, 2008, 07:18:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Day 1 on healthy eating lifestyle, well actually only about 9 hours in to it, pog isn't doing so well. 
I've a headache caused by pure hunger from about 3 o'clock.  I did, almost literally, run past the sweets in the shop - I was starving at that stage, I'm just finished my dinner I'm still starving, I need a bag of sweets.

Someone tell me what I can eat that's good for you and will fill me and stop the sugar cravings.
How long will it take before your body gets use to coping with a normal amount of sugar?

It's the 7th of January - someone has to be as miserable as me.
How are you smokers getting on?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

ziggysego

A healthy lifestyle isn't starving yourself.

It's about regular exercise and a balanced diet.
Testing Accessibility

An Fear Rua

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 07, 2008, 07:18:55 PM
Day 1 on healthy eating lifestyle, well actually only about 9 hours in to it, pog isn't doing so well. 
I've a headache caused by pure hunger from about 3 o'clock.  I did, almost literally, run past the sweets in the shop - I was starving at that stage, I'm just finished my dinner I'm still starving, I need a bag of sweets.

Someone tell me what I can eat that's good for you and will fill me and stop the sugar cravings.
How long will it take before your body gets use to coping with a normal amount of sugar?

It's the 7th of January - someone has to be as miserable as me.
How are you smokers getting on?

Drink loads of water to take the cravings away(fills you up) also eat celery, it has bulk and fibre and zero to negative calorific value.
Its Grim up North

TacadoirArdMhacha

QuoteSomeone tell me what I can eat that's good for you and will fill me and stop the sugar cravings.

By definition sugar is bad for ya so it'll be hard finding something to fit that request!

Snack on the likes of apples, oranges and grapes if ya like fruit.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

pintsofguinness

Quote from: ziggysego on January 07, 2008, 07:19:58 PM
A healthy lifestyle isn't starving yourself.

It's about regular exercise and a balanced diet.
I'm trying a balanced diet ziggy and I'm starving!

I've drank 4 ltrs of water today - ate an apple, half a bunch of grapes,orange and banana since I came home from work as well as the dinner and I'm starving!

ziggysego

What you have for dinner?

As the lads say, water is a good water to get rid of the hungry. Just not too close to bed time ;)
Testing Accessibility

pintsofguinness

I'd turkey and ham, spuds and gravy for dinner.

stew

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 07, 2008, 07:31:04 PM

Pog, I am dropping the weight and have learned to treat food as a fuel source. If you get hungry drink water in between meals or if you have to have something buy some protein shakes, they are tasty and fill you up for a long time.

The strawberry shakes and vanilla shakes are brilliant but I am pretty sure you dont like strawberries from a post many moons ago.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

ziggysego

Keep at the water pints then.

No offense, but you are probably used to eating more, so it will take time for your body to adjust.

When I was at a personal trainer, I was told I was allowed a bag of crisps on a Saturday and a bar of chocolate on a Sunday. She said, you would go mad if you tried to cut out all, all the time.
Testing Accessibility

The Real Laoislad

I had Shepards Pie it twas yum yum  :)
Im also on a new diet..Im not going all out with a crash diet just trying to eat better food and less chocolate,sweets and fizzy drinks and take away food..
The woman bought a simple recipe book and we are gonna try and cook something new every week
You'll Never Walk Alone.

pintsofguinness

I'm allergic to strawberries stew.

I'm drinking and drinking and eating fruit but I'm starving.  I actually don't think it's that I'm hungry more than I'm missing sugar! 

QuoteNo offense, but you are probably used to eating more, so it will take time for your body to adjust.
I'm use to munching on sweets all day long.

Puckoon

Protein bars, granola bars, oatmeal are all good for filling you up.

heganboy

its more than likely that you're not actually hungry but that there's a psychological reason that you think you're hungry. http://www.csun.edu/~vcpsy00h/students/hunger.htm
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

ziggysego

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 07, 2008, 07:42:58 PM
QuoteNo offense, but you are probably used to eating more, so it will take time for your body to adjust.
I'm use to munching on sweets all day long.

There you then. You're body is used to the extra sugar intake. Will take time to adjust. Don't cut it out completely. Just once on a Saturday and Sunday. Will feel more like a treat then and it will help you during the week, knowing you haven't cut it out completely.
Testing Accessibility

Zulu

What did you have for breakfast and lunch POG? By the sounds of it you didn't have anything.You should eat 6 times a day - 3 main meals and 3 snacks. For most men they will get hungry after 2-3 hours, regardless of what they have eaten before. So by eating 6 small meals you avoid this and you also prevent yourself from eating the unhealthy convinence foods that we all tend to get when we are starving. Your meals should also get smaller as the day goes on and don't eat 3-4 hours before you go to bed. Reduce the carbs as the day goes on also, so drop the spuds and gravy with your dinner. An easy but rough way of measuring your portion size is using your hand size. The palm of your hand is the protein portion size, your fist is the carbs portion and then add in some fruit or veg. Like the lads said drink plenty of water and start exercising, I don't know your fitness level but when you train you are less likely to eat poorly so try and get exercising as well. As regards treating yourself you have to decide what kind of person you are, I find it easier to stay off junk food if I pack it in completely. But if you can have one bar of chocolate and then leave it at that then there is nothing wrong with indulging once a week.
                            It's also a good idea to cut things out slowly, for example if you eat chips and chocolate but could easily give up the chips then pack them in and cut down on the chocolate. Work your way to a situation where you have it down to once a week rather than going for the whole lot at the start, doing that just makes it more likely you'll break and go mad on rubbish food. Take it day by day and when you fall off the horse just re-start the following day. losing weight is a marathon not a sprint.