Pool 3
Stade Francais Paris, Bristol Rugby, Cardiff Blues, Harlequins

Pool 4
Glasgow Warriors, Saracens, Biarritz Olympique, Viadana

Pool 5
London Wasps, Clermont Auvernge, Llanelli Scarlets, Munster

Pool 6
Leinster, Leicester Tigers, Toulouse, Edinburgh Rugby

Bad news for Munster and Leinster who are both in groups of death. In comparison look how weak pools 1, 3 and 4 are.

Gnevin

So much for leinster  being a seeded team, thats a poxy draw
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Dinny Breen

FFS, terribe draw for Leinster, top seeds my b*llix....

The timing of the fixtures will be crucial, hopefully we'll have our home against Leicster and Toulouse in the final three games...
#newbridgeornowhere

Gnevin

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 20, 2007, 01:23:25 PM
FFS, terribe draw for Leinster, top seeds my b*llix....

The timing of the fixtures will be crucial, hopefully we'll have our home against Leicster and Toulouse in the final three games...
More if Toulouse are still in with a chance by the time Leinster play them away , they are known for fielding crap when qualification looks even the slight bit dodgy
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

AZOffaly

Brutal draws for Leinster and Munster. Clairmont-Auverne are a good side, and did very well in France this year. A lot depends on how they approach Europe though I suppose. They might be another Bourgoin. Wasps and Llanelli speak for themselves.

Lenster have a horrible one as well. Leicester and Toulouse are bad enough, but Edinburgh wouldn't be too bad either. I think they have a decent record against Leinster.

Ulster got the handiest Irish draw with Gloucester, Ospreys and Bourgoin, but again it's not easy.

magpie seanie

Having Italian teams in this makes a joke of it. The top two in those groups virtually are guaranteed to go through. 8 groups of 4 would be a bit more sensible wouldn't it? I know dates are an issue.

Gnevin

Quote from: magpie seanie on June 20, 2007, 01:52:22 PM
Having Italian teams in this makes a joke of it. The top two in those groups virtually are guaranteed to go through. 8 groups of 4 would be a bit more sensible wouldn't it? I know dates are an issue.
You have to give them a chance some time , the same was said when the Italians got in to the 6 nations and the way the Scottish are going you could nearly say the same about them

INDIANA

short season all round.
munster with a lot of changes next year needed a a softest draw- a big ask to be honest.
leinster won't beat either lecesiter or toulouse away and i wouldn't put money on them at home either - no chance in my view.
short season all round though ulster have a good chance - in a world cup year we needed to ebin groups  1-3-4.

AZOffaly

World Cup shouldn't affect this. When are the HEC fixtures starting? I presume the World Cup will be over?

AZOffaly

Full Draw

The following is the draw for the 2007/2008 ERC Heineken European Cup:

POOL 1: Benetton Treviso, London Irish, Perpignan, Newport Gwent Dragons

POOL 2: Ospreys, Gloucester Rugby, Bourgoin, Ulster Rugby

POOL 3:Stade Francais Paris, Bristol Rugby, Cardiff Blues, Harlequins

POOL 4:Glasgow Warriors, Saracens, Biarritz Olympique, Viadana

POOL 5:London Wasps, ASM Clermont Auvergne, Llanelli Scarlets, Munster

POOL 6:Leinster, Leicester Tigers, Toulouse, Edinburgh Rugby

AZOffaly

Ooops, Sorry GBB. I didn't realise you had posted the full draw already.

Spiritof98

Ulster were seeded well last year after the Celtic league win and suffered a similar group of Death like leicester, I would like to see ulster progress in the comp, they will only be known as the team who won without the English teams.
I'll go back if Marsdens back

TORGAEL

Brutal draw for both Leinster & Munster.....what happened to the seeding ?

Gnevin

This often happens bars the Italian teams most team could beat anyone on their day . Which is why i find this so much better than the "Champions league" with which has far to many weak teams now

Dinny Breen

In fairness of the last 9 groups with Italian teams, only 3 have provided the best-runners up but I'd still take an Italian team any day of the week..
#newbridgeornowhere