M50 and its traffic

Started by mannix, June 15, 2007, 11:08:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mannix

Every time an flying insect hits a headlamp on the m50 the whole country has to listen to "tailbacks to the red ky rindabite".Can they not have a simple method of photographing non fatal accidents and moving the cars out of the way faster than they do now.Its becoming a routine and must really annoy people trying to get around in dublin.
Or better still stop the crazy developments like lucan and tallaght from spreading further, thousands of houses and no roads? where else would you see it.

dodo

Cork, Galway, Limerick, Waterford, etc

TirEoghaingodeo

Lads, heading through dublin tonight and was wondering what the M50 is like around 7 o clock? Still a car-park? Bound to be clear by that time?
Ó dá ligfeadh sí liú amháin gaile, liú catha...

Hank Everlast

just about the end of the car park at that time....any earlier is a disaster

Tankie

Quote from: TirEoghaingodeo on June 15, 2007, 12:46:45 PM
Lads, heading through dublin tonight and was wondering what the M50 is like around 7 o clock? Still a car-park? Bound to be clear by that time?

Its in a heap at the moment so I would check with aaroadwatch.ie to see what it like at 7 but generally it should be slow but moving at that time.
Grand Slam Saturday!

Davitt Man

Can anyone tell me how long it takes to travel the m50 from leopardstown to the n4 turn off at 6pm on a friday? IS it just a car-park at that stage

Mentalman

Quote from: Davitt Man on February 19, 2008, 12:23:17 PM
Can anyone tell me how long it takes to travel the m50 from leopardstown to the n4 turn off at 6pm on a friday? IS it just a car-park at that stage

I'd leave it until 6:30 or 7 if I were you. If you can't, you are looking at an hour minimum, then you get stuck in the traffic on the N4 to the cursed traffic lights at Lucan.
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

Davitt Man

Quote from: Mentalman on February 19, 2008, 12:35:37 PM
Quote from: Davitt Man on February 19, 2008, 12:23:17 PM

I'd leave it until 6:30 or 7 if I were you. If you can't, you are looking at an hour minimum, then you get stuck in the traffic on the N4 to the cursed traffic lights at Lucan.

Cheers MentalMan i was figurining it would take an hour at best to get off M50 and then the guts of an hour to get out past the lights in newcastle.

have to leave at 6 this friday and not looking forward to it

Zapatista

Is the "M50 and it's traffic" not synonymous?

Davitt Man

Quote from: Zapatista on February 19, 2008, 01:13:44 PM

I know the m50 is mental, i just need a time estimate for how long it takes from leopardstown to n4 turn off for 6pm on a friday

saffron

QuoteEvery time an flying insect hits a headlamp on the m50 the whole country has to listen to "tailbacks to the red ky rindabite".Can they not have a simple method of photographing non fatal accidents and moving the cars out of the way faster than they do now.Its becoming a routine and must really annoy people trying to get around in dublin.

Annoying isnt the half of it. Unless your car is seriously damaged you should drive it off the road if you can - not always possible with the road works. it drives me insane when theres a massive tail back for a cracked headlight!

I know the m50 is mental, i just need a time estimate for how long it takes from leopardstown to n4 turn off for 6pm on a friday

Wouldnt like to put a time on it but Friday is the worst day with eberybody going home

Tubberman

Quote from: Mentalman on Today at 12:35:37 PM
Quote from: Davitt Man on Today at 12:23:17 PM

Cheers MentalMan i was figurining it would take an hour at best to get off M50 and then the guts of an hour to get out past the lights in newcastle.

Davitt Man, it might save you some time if you take the N7 exit (Nass Rd, Red Cow).
I work in Citywest and when I'm heading home I head down the N7 and take the Rathcoole exit. Then take the right at the 1st roundabout, bringing you across the bridge over the N7. Follow the signs for Newcastle.
Then just the far side of Newcastle on a bend, there is a couple of white cottages getting renovated. Turn right there for Cellbridge.
Over the humpback bridge and into Cellbridge.
Over the bridge in Cellbridge and turn right. Follow the road out through the village. You evetually come to a roundabout and take the right exit which will bring you to the N4/Cellbridge/Maynooth exit.
A bit of effort, but you skip some of the M50 madness, plus you rejoin the N4 after the Newcastle lights
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Davitt Man

Cheers Tubberman, i know that route as well, its handy

dublinfella

Quote from: Davitt Man on February 19, 2008, 02:46:58 PM
Quote from: Zapatista on February 19, 2008, 01:13:44 PM

quite literally the worst time of the week you could chose to be on that road.

you will be 45 mins minimum, but after 7 will be 10 mins.

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: Tubberman on February 19, 2008, 05:27:59 PM
Quote from: Mentalman on Today at 12:35:37 PM
Quote from: Davitt Man on Today at 12:23:17 PM

Davitt Man, it might save you some time if you take the N7 exit (Nass Rd, Red Cow).
I work in Citywest and when I'm heading home I head down the N7 and take the Rathcoole exit. Then take the right at the 1st roundabout, bringing you across the bridge over the N7. Follow the signs for Newcastle.
Then just the far side of Newcastle on a bend, there is a couple of white cottages getting renovated. Turn right there for Cellbridge.
Over the humpback bridge and into Cellbridge.
Over the bridge in Cellbridge and turn right. Follow the road out through the village. You evetually come to a roundabout and take the right exit which will bring you to the N4/Cellbridge/Maynooth exit.
A bit of effort, but you skip some of the M50 madness, plus you rejoin the N4 after the Newcastle lights

Davittman i wouldn't take the M50 at all, get a city map and cross country it to ranelagh, using back streets, rathmines, kimmage, islandbridge, chapleizod and the lucan before hitting the M4
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me