Kildare manager 2016

Started by Donnellys Hollow, September 03, 2013, 10:21:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Rumour has it Glenn Ryan has it. Legend of a footballer and he has proven himself competent as a manager but I have mixed feelings about it. Deeply unpopular in his own club yet despised even more within the "small" clubs that Ryan played a pivotal role in player poaching down the years but this is not a popularity contest. His abrasive nature should be a welcome change from Jason Ryan's smiley happy demeanour though.

I hope it works out well but given the lack of financial resources available I would not be surprised if Kildare languish in division 3 and Leinster mediocrity for another while.

Blowitupref

Like Monaghan,Armagh,Meath I would expect Kildare to spend no more than a year down in division three. Glen Ryan should be a good appointment to move Kildare forward.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Hallelujah
https://twitter.com/kildaregaa
https://twitter.com/TommyCallaghan1?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

If it goes ahead I'd be willing to spend any spare change I don't squander on hookers and coke on supporting a Cian O'Neill led Kildare team.

INDIANA

Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on September 25, 2015, 09:08:15 PM
Rumour has it Glenn Ryan has it. Legend of a footballer and he has proven himself competent as a manager but I have mixed feelings about it. Deeply unpopular in his own club yet despised even more within the "small" clubs that Ryan played a pivotal role in player poaching down the years but this is not a popularity contest. His abrasive nature should be a welcome change from Jason Ryan's smiley happy demeanour though.

I hope it works out well but given the lack of financial resources available I would not be surprised if Kildare languish in division 3 and Leinster mediocrity for another while.

I heard the same. I think it's a disastrous appointment if it goes through. He's not the man for that job. Great player but not a manager

LilySavage

Cian O Neill is the new manager. Good appointment. Horseshite about Glenn Ryan above. Hes had 3 jobs in football management and done well in each.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Quote from: LilySavage on October 03, 2015, 02:27:02 PM
Cian O Neill is the new manager. Good appointment. Horseshite about Glenn Ryan above. Hes had 3 jobs in football management and done well in each.

After McGeeney was ousted I was talking to a player who played under himself and Ryan for the under 21s and asked him how would Ryan compare with McGeeney. He laughed. That being said Glenn has done a reasonable job wherever he went.

It doesn't matter much as the county board have exceeded everybody's expectation with Cian O'Neill.

Tubberman

Quote from: INDIANA on October 03, 2015, 02:12:21 PM

I heard the same. I think it's a disastrous appointment if it goes through. He's not the man for that job. Great player but not a manager

Looks like your sources are wrong - again....
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Quote from: Tubberman on October 03, 2015, 02:34:05 PM

In fairness it was being reported everywhere that it was a foregone conclusion.

heffo

Good appointment for Kildare.

Donnellys Hollow

Very positive appointment assuming Murphy will be involved as well. It's a pity it didn't happen two years ago.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

INDIANA

Quote from: Tubberman on October 03, 2015, 02:34:05 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on October 03, 2015, 02:12:21 PM

Just polishing Sam here. Will send you a picture of it if you like  ;)

Captain Obvious

Quote from: LilySavage on October 03, 2015, 02:27:02 PM
Cian O Neill is the new manager. Good appointment.
Good CV as a selector and trainer has he ever managed a team before?

Zulu

Managed UL footballers in the Sigerson for a few years. He should make a good manager but I thought he'd go to a lower level team first and then take on the Kildare job. I think he would feel Kildare can achieve something as I doubt he'd get involved if he thought they were going nowhere. He's a smart man and a strong character so he should do well.

twohands!!!

Fair play to him - had expected him to let it pass this time around, especially with Kildare down in Division 3 and the drubbings from Kerry and Dublin in the championship. Not an easy job to be heading into at all.

Means Kerry are looking for a coach now as well - what odds it ends up being Donie Buckley given all the goings-on in Mayo?

Jinxy

I disagree.
This is the perfect time to take over that team.
He can train the hell out of them and still get promoted.
If you were any use you'd be playing.