The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: Boycey on September 13, 2017, 04:24:09 PM
Quote from: laoislad on September 13, 2017, 02:00:05 PM
For the day that's in it.
Probably no better stadium anywhere than Anfield on European nights.

https://youtu.be/br3IwLLngFA

When you see how many goals Gerrard was involved in and scored it makes a fool of those who say he wasn't a big game player.
I think my favourite of those games was the Arsenal game. Love the Garcia goal v Juve also.

I'd disagree there bar the stage managed song from the musical at the beginning Anfield is as amaemic as the rest on them for the main part... Honourable exception for Celtic obviously.

I don't see how anything even comes close to the atmosphere in the Bernabeu or Nou Camp on big European nights. Like an AI final, almost. Anyone who thinks Anfield is in that league is living in the clouds.

laoislad

The Under 19's CL game against Sevilla is live on BT 1 at the moment. Liverpool 2-0 up.
Prenton Park is rocking. Probably only second to Anfield for atmosphere on big European nights.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Gabriel_Hurl

My mate has been at the Nou Camp on CL nights and he said it was shite

Boycey

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on September 13, 2017, 05:53:24 PM
May mate has been at the Nou Camp on CL nights and he said it was shite

I was at Barca/United semi there and a quarter final at Bernabau and to be honest neither were anything special.. The Eastern Europeans and South Americans now they know how to create an atmosphere

J70

Nice work from Moreno for the goal.

Lovren... :o ;D

laoislad

Well what an absolutely nuts first half that was!!
How is it only 2-1!!

Some atmosphere. Nothing  compares to Anfield on a European night.

Gabriel_Hurl

Well - that was entertaining - could be 4-1 up

Tony Baloney

laoislad

Enjoyable game. Two points dropped for sure but as Tony Baloney said hardly a surprise. In the grand scheme of things though it's hardly a disaster,plenty of games left.
Great going forward but the defense as dodgy as always.

Did I mention the atmosphere was fantastic??

J70

At least Spartak dropped points in Slovenia too.

Disappointing not to win, but if they don't qualify, it will be because they don't do the business against the non-Spanish teams.

Capt Pat

Disappointing not to get the win but Sevilla nearly stole it at the end. Coutinho isn't back to his best yet, he is our best player and when he gets back to his best again we should be able to get something in the away game against Sevilla.

Shocking to give away the opening goal, what was Lovren up to.

Minus15

Frustrating. Very similar to second half versus Watford where they were only a goal up and were playing like they were 2 goals in front. Poor urgency and loborious, sloppy play.

The defence has to be in danger of undoing everything good about this team. Major surgery needed here. Klopp needs to show some improvement there before long or I can see him inviting pressure on himself.

Henderson not good enough in the holding role. I would like to see Can with a sustained run of games there. Salah needs to use his right a bit more often.

Subs a bit slow again. Expect Sturridge, Ox, Coutinho, Robertson and Milner to start on Saturday.

under the bar

Quote from: Capt Pat on September 13, 2017, 09:53:01 PM
Disappointing not to get the win but Sevilla nearly stole it at the end. Coutinho isn't back to his best yet, he is our best player and when he gets back to his best again we should be able to get something in the away game against Sevilla.

Shocking to give away the opening goal, what was Lovren up to.

Liverpool fan called 909 to suggest Coutinho should have been arrested for impersonating someone who actually looked like he wanted to play for the club!!😂😂😂

Minus15

I was waiting for the first such claim

Boycey

https://twitter.com/theawayfans/status/908050620791361536

Mental fcukers, also videos of them fighting cops doing the rounds too. Like I said before United and Liverpool are in Moscow on the same week and CSKA and Spartak are in England's North West on the same week later on  :o