The greatest moment in the GAA......

Started by Zulu, August 23, 2009, 12:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Highlander3

An amazing result and ending, but it has to be said that when you watch that some of the football looks pretty poor, i can imagine Pat Spillane killing that on the Sunday Game

CiarraiAbu

I wasn't even born when this match took place but I think it is safe to say that nothing sickens me more than that f*c*i*g Darby moment!!!

Oh what might have been!!!

It actually pains me to watch it.
"Its the way Kerry people answer back" - Captain Declan O' Sullivan 2007

ONeill

If that was today, Offaly'd be fairly done for spectator behaviour!
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Highlander3 on August 23, 2009, 02:44:51 AM
An amazing result and ending, but it has to be said that when you watch that some of the football looks pretty poor, i can imagine Pat Spillane killing that on the Sunday Game

They all look dead on their feet too.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Maguire01

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 23, 2009, 10:41:33 AM
Quote from: Highlander3 on August 23, 2009, 02:44:51 AM

They all look dead on their feet too.
Looks like the weather would have played a big part in that too.

stew

Nothing touches the meath Dublin series for drama as far as i am concerned, that was the GAA at it's most exciting. Pure theatre.

Great clip and worthy to be deemed greatest moment in the GAA, i would say the hurling contingent might argue that you are wrong.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Mike Sheehy

Even though we lost it is a matter of pride that we were involved in such a great occasion. Offaly were desrving champions and gracious winners. You dont see that much these days.

In the Onion Bag

Tyrone were gracious in defeat today.  Silly Pat could take a leaf from their book

Maguire01

Yep, a bad 'winner' is worse than a bad loser.

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: Maguire01 on August 23, 2009, 07:26:54 PM
Yep, a bad 'winner' is worse than a bad loser.

Exactly. Which is why Tyrone deserve a good kicking.

cusack og

Quote from: stew on August 23, 2009, 01:35:52 PM
Nothing touches the meath Dublin series for drama as far as i am concerned, that was the GAA at it's most exciting. Pure theatre.

Great clip and worthy to be deemed greatest moment in the GAA, i would say the hurling contingent might argue that you are wrong.

I don't think I could ever get tired of watching that Kevin Foley goal. How Meath literally walked the ball into the net in the last minute I'll never know followed by Kevin Foley cooly running back to his position. was great stuff

dundrumite

is that a spectator than ran on to talk to an offlay player at 4:06.

Hardy

Qwerty28

As a neutral, that KevinFoley goal still gives me goose bumps. Type of goal u dream of scoring or dream of your team scoring!