Armagh v Cork NFL Division 1 round 1 Sunday 05-02-12

Started by Onion Bag, January 30, 2012, 10:49:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goats Do Shave

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekwjHo6O9GY

The scuffle is on this after Kerrigan's red card about 8 1/2 mins in.

I assume McKeever has got done for the barge right at the ned of this clip about 10:15 or so...

Fine's are a joke, considering it was all the players pulling each other out of it.

eviemonkey

10k fines and player suspensions for that? I've seen more pushing and shoving at the bar at last call. 

Between Armagh v Cork and Monaghan v Kildare they wasn't one decent punch thrown but I suppose someone has to think of the children in all this.  ::)

Throw ball

It seems to me that the furore over the junior bans has left the cccc in a position were they think they have to be hard on everyone and all they have actually done is alienate more players and fans. From what I saw at the match when there and from the video clips I cannot figure out why players were banned. There were worse 'tackles' in other parts of the match which have not warranted sanction. Talk of bans or point deductions are ridiculous - how do you deduct points if it happens in a championship match. If they really want to end this all they have to do is put a rule in where the third man in gets sent off.

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: Throw ball on February 16, 2012, 02:23:12 PM
It seems to me that the furore over the junior bans has left the cccc in a position were they think they have to be hard on everyone and all they have actually done is alienate more players and fans. From what I saw at the match when there and from the video clips I cannot figure out why players were banned. There were worse 'tackles' in other parts of the match which have not warranted sanction. Talk of bans or point deductions are ridiculous - how do you deduct points if it happens in a championship match. If they really want to end this all they have to do is put a rule in where the third man in gets sent off.

Derrytresks fault again!!  :P

armaghniac

QuoteIf they really want to end this all they have to do is put a rule in where the third man in gets sent off.

This is the solution. When there are 2 players it is at least possible in principle for the officials to see what is going on and deal with it. These great crowds of players make it impossible to figure out exactly what is going on.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

screenexile

Can we get a restrospective ban for this one as well??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uG8jWZ4g7Nc

Tyrone and Armagh AGAIN . . . seems to be a bit of a trend in the GAA maybe both should be kicked out of the Ulster Championship to teach them a lesson!!

Armaghgeddon

Wouldn't be suprised to see a slpit within the GAA in the next few years. The GAA committee's really are ruining the game.

BerfArmagh

I can see the suspensions being quashed on appeal, there was'nt a punch thrown - handbags

borderfox

The whole thing is a farce. Sure a bit of shoving and pushing never hurt anyone.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

johnpower

cant believe it typical GAA I will wait to see if they persit with this until September???